Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Community Watch

Anonymous

rexxz said:
Yeah and I guess you were offended by my posts in Scribblette's thread. Quite an anomoly there.

Hardly, since I wasn't the only one. If you have a problem with something, PM me or another admin. This is completely offtopic and very innapropriate.

I don't use the report button on anyone but myself, I'm scared that the mods will shout at me for being stupid, because people used to pm me angrily for stuff that isn't my fault.

el felixio thats off topic, think before you post.

I haven't found the need to report much because most people report before I see it.

I don't see that as off topic. He's saying he's frightened to use the report button, so he posts here to look for reassurance that it's okay to use. Which was the whole point of this thread - so don't fret, Felix. Like ccoa says at the beginning of the thread, it's okay to use it. If you're having trouble with other people being nasty at you, report the thread, or PM ccoa. I suggest taking a breather when something like that happens, though, to avoid your report/PM holding a knee-jerk reaction which might be negative.

Rain

Sponsor

Neither would I actually. The fact that he wanted to bring this issue up seems appropriate for the topic it is in.

It would have been off topic if he had mentioned it in .... the general RMXP board for example, or in some random persons Project but here I don't see the problem.

el felixio":2hxreebr said:
I don't use the report button on anyone but myself, I'm scared that the mods will shout at me for being stupid, because people used to pm me angrily for stuff that isn't my fault.

That's just what Ccoa was saying. Reporting is anonymous. If you report someone, you don't have to worry about them shouting at you for being stupid because they won't know. And mods won't shout at you because there's really no need to.

Yes, all you've got to remember is to think about what rule that post is breaking exactly. If you're not pretty damn sure that a post is breaking some rule, then just don't bother, one of us will probably see the post anyways. And also, we'll only yell at you if you repeatedly report wrong. Like reporting like 30 times for someone 'flaming' you, when really just throwing criticism your way. You might get a lecture for doing that, but once again I stress 'REPEATEDLY', we're forgiving about first times, and won't jump down your throat for thinking something was worse than it was.

Rare

ccoa said:
I'm rather confused, TCoFA. I'm just letting people know that Reporting is anonymous (unless you choose to say you've reported the thread), so they don't have to worry about someone getting offended for being reported. People get offended over the weirdest things, and I wanted to lay anyone's fears on this account to rest.

There are people who more regularly report than others, but I hardly think they're a secret group of patriots ruining the community. This is the same system we've always had, I'm just reminding the old members, and letting the new members know, since I've noticed a definate decline in the number of reports, but not in the amount of mod actions.
Yeah, I agree people do get offended by the wierdest and smallest things. This is almost a repeat of what I did at rmxp.net with the report issue back then.

I for one love to use the report button :D

I think we should be able to report ourselves.....sometimes i catch my own mistakes and such....like putting a thread in the wrong forum (oops)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.