Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Battle System Edit Request.

I would be really asking for an edit for Minkoff's Animated battle Enhanced script, and I mean the one with the RTAB extras etc., all I need it to be edited is like this:

Battlesystem
Same as it was before, with RTAB, animated sprites, but ONLY, I want it to be more like FFX2/Grandia, where when a certain actor or enemy attacks, he/she'll stay to where the place he/she just attacked, example, when Arshes attacks bat, Arshes will obviously go near the bat and attack it, but after the attack, he'll stay beside the bat instead of going back to his position where he was from, so it's like when certain attacks and turns had passed, all people will all be scattered everywhere in the battleground fighting!

so I hope anyone can do it, I'll need it for an upcoming game, I'll credit you!

here'd the demo:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yn3yztznytt/Hellhound Needs Help Demo.rar

is it that impossible to do this? edit the minkoff Animated battlers script enhance to make the battlers of actors and enemies not come back to their respective positions after they attack?

Nachos

Sponsor

god, dont use uppercase ,"!!!" or the word "IMPRTANT", it screams "noob & attention whore ".

also that last post of yours was a bump because it wasn't adding any information. Bumps can be done every 72 hs

Atoa

@hellhound
I'm planning to do this in my ACBS, but theres a problem: since the the battlers only faces right and left, if all the actors attacks the same enemy they will stand exacly on the same point
You may say "it's only push the enemy back when he takes an hit", but there's an problem with that: if the actors attacks the same enemy a lot of turns the enemy will be pushed out of the screen, and if I add an "wall" to prevent battlers to go out of the screen it will end in a situation like the one i said before.

I'm planning to do something like "Persona 2": when battlers would end in the same space as other character, instead they moves to the side of the target.
But for that, i would need to make an way of may the battler 4 directional (so they faces up and down during battle), and again wr got another problem \o, find battlers XD

cool, but aside all those problems, I think you should edit a bit at the animabat script to allow a battler sheet with 22 poses in it, first 11 their poses facing left, and the 12-22, their poses facing right, wouldn't that work too? well 'd be looking forward if you'd really do this though, Thanks! and keep the "wall" system too, I think it's a nice Idea. :)

Atoa

I woudn't don't need to edit since the ACBS sprite is 100% customizable.

But i'm in boubt if i do an longer sprite sheet, or make multi sprite adding sufix to the battler graphici file name.

But since this is the base for a system that i'm going to implement on the ACBS (an "chrono like" battle) i'm going to do it anyway x]

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.