Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

batman

Nin

Seefour said:
Jack Nickelson(sp?) played the joker real good.

Jack Nicholson is a great actor, period. :)

Anyway, batman does kick ass. :D He's my #1 when it comes between him and Superman. He was also much cooler in the Superman vs. Batman movie (I believe that's what it's called).

Seefour said:
Jack Nickelson(sp?) played the joker real good.

I don't think he played the joker. I think he was Two-face. I could be wrong haven't seen the movie in like forever.

@munin: you didn't like the new one on WB??? It was okay, its just every weekend he would only fight Joker, Penguin, and occasionally someone new. But other than that it was okay. Then he got batgirl and the title changed and now its no more. Lol

munin said:
I also didn't like George Clooney as Batman in Batman and Robin, not at all. He smiled waaaay too much (OOC anyone?). And Alicia Silverstone as Barbara/Bat girl?

You didn't like George??? Thank god that makes two of us. I think Micheal Keaton stole it and owns it. Lol but Christian Bale he was pretty good. But I think he needed to make his voice less dark. Lol you know???

And @ Lene: Lol wow thats old school batman. Lol I don't really remember much about that one. Except for they had those funny scenes when he would puch people and it would say like *POW!!* or something funny. And Robin was always be like "Holy metal Batman!!!". LOL but thats an old school fan for real. Lol ^_^

but everyone is forgetting about one important aspect. Batman Beyond. Lol good show for the most part until he turned into a Bat or w/e it was 'cause of gene splicing. Then it just went down hill. Lol Enjoi

Is that that new show on the WB that's all futuristic and crap? It is a piece of SHIT and does not exist. Period. >:|.

Duh-nuhnuhnuh-nuhnuhnuhnuh Batman! That's where it's at. That and the good cartoon. Ah, good ol' nostalgia. Batman is by far my favorite DC character.

The classic Bruce Timm Batman animated series was excellent, and was probably the best non-comic version of the character thus far (this carries over into the Superman series and Justice League/Unlimited, set in the same universe). Batman Beyond was also incredible, and that's set un the DCAU as well. It's excellent stuff.

Also, Jack Nicholson did play the Joker in the original Batman movie. Two-face was played by Tommy Lee Jones in a later movie (which wasn't as good).

You know 2 things I never understood, and I extremely hated?

1. In almost any superhero movie (DC or Marvel) they never acknowledge the fact that the other superheroes exist. I mean take Superman Returns for example... I'm pretty sure there's a Gotham City somewhere in the world, hence wouldn't Batman be there? Yet the movie portrayed Supes as the only superhero in the world. Same With Fantastic 4 or X men... they're always portrayed as the only superheroes in the world, when we all know in New York, Spiderman exists...

2. I really really love how a lot of the animated series continue into eachother (Batman--->Superman---->Justice League--->Batman Beyond, etc.) but why is in Teen Titans, Batman is never mentioned nor featured? (There have been maybe two episodes where it's kinda hinted but that's it... i.e.. the Bruce Wayen Sign in one fight scene and the episode where Slade kidnaps Robin to become his apprentice and Robin says 'I already have a father" and bats fly through the ceiling) That bugs the hell outta me. I'm supposed to assume that all these characters (DC and Marvel seperate from eachother, however) exist in the same world, so in a sense they should from time to time cross one another. O_o;;;; Okay yeah.

1. In almost any superhero movie (DC or Marvel) they never acknowledge the fact that the other superheroes exist. I mean take Superman Returns for example... I'm pretty sure there's a Gotham City somewhere in the world, hence wouldn't Batman be there? Yet the movie portrayed Supes as the only superhero in the world. Same With Fantastic 4 or X men... they're always portrayed as the only superheroes in the world, when we all know in New York, Spiderman exists...

The comic books always adress this. There are constantly crossovers and references to other characters in other books. The reason that it is different for movies is because the movies are meant to be seen by those who don't necessarily read the comics. If in Superman Returns, he suddenly starts talking about Parallax and Hal Jordan, the average person would be really confused. To keep it simple- they keep to the title character.

2. I really really love how a lot of the animated series continue into eachother (Batman--->Superman---->Justice League--->Batman Beyond, etc.) but why is in Teen Titans, Batman is never mentioned nor featured?

Teen Titans isn't in the DCAU continuity, it's on its own.

Also, it probably has to to with a similar reason as the movies as I said above. Teen Titans is a series more aimed at kids, and it uses the bright colors and anime effects to draw in a new audience to the DC universe. Most likely, because of this, their goal isn't to overload you with DC characters and mythology.

For that, watch some JLU. Easily my favorite animated series at the moment.

Good points there Serenade, makes more sense (still hate it tho lol) I have been watching JLU here and now.. which brings up another question that I just thought of---

Why aren't the sidekicks ever shown in JLU? Like Robin? (And yes I know Speedy made an appearance in one episode and I almost fell off my seat)
Now I know there's continuity in JLU, and most people would recognize Robin... bleh I just think I really wanna see some teen titans besides Speedy show up in JLU (even if they're not in the same continuing universe >.>;; )

Why aren't the sidekicks ever shown in JLU? Like Robin? (And yes I know Speedy made an appearance in one episode and I almost fell off my seat)

Robin's most likely off fighting crime with the Teen Titans (and Nightwing, Robin I, is probably off with the Outsiders). Just like you don't see the golden age Green Lantern in JLU, most likely because he is fighting crime with the JSA (Justice Scoeity of America), which is a different group of superheroes. Justice League is focused on the Justice League, and despite what it looks like- not everybody is a member of it.

Um k, lemme clarify the hero thing in movies. If Superman became a Darkhorse baby tomorrow, suddenly they wouldnt tak about him anymore in DC.
If batman and superman are liscenced to different studios, why the hell would they be mentioned? Same with fant 4 and the hulk, and spiderman and Blade and blahblah.

Serenade said:
Also, Jack Nicholson did play the Joker in the original Batman movie. Two-face was played by Tommy Lee Jones in a later movie (which wasn't as good).

Lol I always get those two confused. Lol I'm sorry. Anyways where's the person who started this topic???? Despain??? Where'd you go??? I wanna hear what he has to say....

Fenrir said:
Is that that new show on the WB that's all futuristic and crap? It is a piece of SHIT and does not exist. Period. >:|.

Lol batman beyond is like hella-old. I don't think its still comes on. Lol but I may be wrong. So I dunno...

Despain??? Where'd you go??? I wanna hear what he has to say....

Despain went on a litle vacation for a while. From what I understand, though, he thinks that Batman is..hmm..how would he put it?

"fucking miac incarnate other than rexxz. and with a side of pure badass"

Also, Batman Beyond really is good. Watch it with an open mind. It has a lot of great characters and the relationship between Bruce and Terry is really an intersting one. Especially if you watch the two-part "Epilogue" episode in Justice League Unlimited.

Serenade said:
Teen Titans isn't in the DCAU continuity, it's on its own.

Um... kinda right... and kinda wrong.

Remember Tara? That character was from the Judas Contract and DID work for Slade to infiltrate the Titans... R.I.P. And, there are other such cases. They're merely re-hashing old stories to suit their target audience, much like the Batman: Animated Series did the classic Laughing Fish story.

And did someone think Jack played Harvey Dent or something? The first movie, Harvey was Billy Dee Williams. They were planning that for the second movie, but the story didn't fan out. Bye bye Billy, hello Tommy.

As a kid, Superman was it for me. The beginning and end when it came to superheroes. Then I got older. Times changed. I changed. IMAGE happened. Spawn ruled the racks for a while. The climate and scope of comics changed vastly. Superman died. Came Back. Became electric at one point... Batman. Broken back. Weird armor-suited, anger management poster boy replacement. Didn't pan out. 2 good movies (looking back on them after seeing the new one, they remind me more now of the Neal Adams-era Batman in terms of the look of his costume, which isn't a bad thing at all). 2 bad movies (I mean, the dude pulls out a Bat-Credit Card in the scene with Poison Ivy at the auction to show Robin just how deep his pockets really go in the fourth movie. It was definitely a pimp move on his part, but come on:lol: ). A respectable and solid enough effort at revitalizing a severely damaged franchise put forth with Begins (for me it hit more than it missed and I was pleasantly surprised and equally relieved - but for the love of all that is right and just in the world - @Christian Bale: ease up on the over the top, constipated voice for the next installment, please
["FEAR ME ! " -=shudders=-]). EXCELLENT animated series (preferably prior to the Gotham Knights revision; the animation became more simplified but I can't deny my love for the black bat insignia on darker gray color scheme over the yellow oval, blue with light gray thing, however).
Supes is still cool - even to this day. Will always be #1 to me when it comes to heroes. But there is just something about Batman that makes him marginally cooler.

In the Superman/Batman animated movie that someone had mentioned (World's Finest I believe it was called when it originally aired), there is one scene in particular that I took the guilty pleasure of cracking the most devious of smiles in Batman's favor, and that's the one where they first meet.
Batman's doing his dark knight thing in a night club of some sort I believe, shaking down some off-duty thug for info. This would be a common standard in any given Batman scenario... except this time, he's in Metropolis.
Superman's turf.
When Big Blue shows up, he strolls up to Batman in all his confident "I'm the Last Son of Krypton"-ness and puts his hand on Batman's shoulder in an attempt to prevent him from landing another blow to the poor aforementioned creep's noggin.
Bad move.
Even IF you ARE Superman.
Batman doesn't say a thing, reaches up with a deft hand and tosses Supes literally across the room - a guy that's not exactly known for being the lightest thing in terms of physical weight tagging a moniker like The Man of Steel - like he's nothing without so much as a single grunt of strain.
Needless to say, even Superman is a little stunned, as he also isn't exactly accustomed to being treated like somebody's warm-up exercise (in other words, his b*tch); but he realizes this guy isn't like the chumps he's used to flinging around at will.
Of course, he shows the Dark Knight why his name is Superman, and dispatches him with one well placed inhumanly paced shoulder charge into a wall.
He cheats a little and peeks through the cowl using his handy dandy x-ray vision to find out that the man behind the mask is actually Bruce Wayne.
With the "friendly" introduction over, Superman flies back to the high rise pad of his alter ego Clark Kent only to discover a tiny bat shaped transmitter fastened to the lining of his cape as he gets his pajama's on to get ready for a good night's sleep before another day at the Planet.
Gazing out the window, he sees that the apparent tracking device has lead the detective right to his home address - and it just so happens that Batman is looking right at him through a pair of long range binoculars from an adjacent roof top - leveling the playing field a little by having used his own clever methods in discovering the flyboy's secret identity in turn.
Superman learns a lesson in the way irony works courtesy of Gotham's protector, as all he had trouble getting over initially was the fact that a human being could overcome him with such ease in the first place... much less the fact that this human was also every bit as agile at using his wits to be able to attach the gadget to him as he did.
Superman spots his observer perched on the ledge as the Batman lingers around just long enough to let Clark know he's there... then with the aid of his trusty grappling gun, disappears into the cover of the night.
Superman's only words are:
"Touche".

So yeah, while Superman may carry the credentials to lead an entire team of super powered demi-gods in the form of the Justice League, and never, EVER have to even remotely worry about getting any back talk from someone who might have their spandex on a little too tight on any given day - there simply is no denying that Batman has proven time and again to be no slouch himself.
Okay... so it's not a versus topic. But it's easy to see that as one of the most popular characters in modern fiction, I've definitely got a soft spot in my heart for the Caped Crusader.

Well on another note, I thought a body-kit fitted, suped up Dodge Magnum (the one with the extended frame) would have made a sleek Batmobile in Begins (with the large Bat-Face emblem of the 30's or 40's, headlight fashioned eyes and all) but mentioning something like that will likely force some folks to get on their knees and thank the heaven's that I wasn't the one in the director's chair yelling "Action" -=laughs=-. Thinking about this idea now though after having seen the version that was ultimately implemented in the film, it may have not been rugged enough and maybe a little too elegant in comparison to the tank or even the Corvette of the original two (I wasn't too fond of the latter two films' versions).
Okay, last thing (I promise:lol: ): Anyone else ever have the chance to check out the Batman: Dead End short that came out a while back?

The aliens VS Predator VS Batman VS Joker one? That was pretty fun to watch.

I'm not in the mood to type a huge long essay right now, but needless to say I'm a fan of Batman. The animated series (original, not the new one) was awesome and really captured the character. Enjoyed Beyond for what it was, and loved the JLU episodes that crossed over with it (the one with Cronos, where the two of them actually met was priceless. Epilogue even more so).
Movies, personally I think Batman Begins and the Micheal Keaton original are the two best representations of the whole "creature of the night" thing. The rest are okay for entertainment value, though I can't stand what they did to him in Batman & Robin.

Comics are definately where it's at, though. The recent arc with the Red Hood was incredible, the Hush arc from a couple of years ago was a good read too. Still out on the "One Year Later" stuff, it has its ups (getting rid of the lamest of the rogues gallery, though I'll miss Wesker) but I'm not sure right now. Would have liked to have seen a bit more of Harvey Dent as Harvey Dent.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.