Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Banjo Fucking Kazooie.

Kazooie and Tooie are meant to rhyme...that's why they made it tooie; it sounds like two (in this case showing it's a sequel) and rhymes with kazooie. lol sorry to state the obvious there but...

Banjo Kazooie :eek: YAY! someone finally made these awesome duo a thread! Banjo Kazooie and tooie are winners in my books :D i mean that series must have been my favourite platformer ever. It has some of the wierdest and unique levels. Sure it may not make sense with all going from one side of a mountain covered in ice to another being im flames and with lava all over the place but hey, its for fun :D. Its also the first game i have played where i have actually liked the mine/cave level and found it interesting, in fact, theres not one level which i didnt find at least partially interesting.Oh and one last thing, Glowbo's = <3

Well I can't be bothered reading what everyone's put so sorry if I say something that's been said.

Right first, Banjo-Kazooie rocked and Banjo-Tooie was amazing, but they did mess up a little.
And about the sharkbait isle and the ice key there are actually ways of getting them.

First there's cheat codes you can put in the sand castle to open them up.

Unlock gate in Gobi's Valley
CHEATADESERTDOOROPENSWIDEANCIENTSECRETSWAITINSIDE
Shark Island raised
CHEATOUTOFTHESEAITRISESTOREVEALMORESECRETPRIZES
Ice key available
CHEATNOWYOUCANSEEANICEICEKEYWHICHYOUCANHAVEFORFREE
Green egg available (Mad Monster Mansion, Toilet)
CHEATAMIDSTTHEHAUNTEDGLOOMASECRETINTHEBATHROOM
Blue egg available (Mad Monster Mansion, Cellar)
CHEATDONTYOUGOANDTELLHERABOUTTHESECRETINHERCELLAR
Red egg available (Rusty Bucket Bay, Captain's Cabin)
CHEATTHISSECRETYOULLBEGRABBININTHECAPTAINSCABIN
Yellow egg available (Click Clock Wood, Nabnut's House)
CHEATNOWBANJOWILLBEABLETOSEEITONNABNUTSTABLE

And second if you use the flying pad on Freezeezy Peak and fly into the walrus' cave with out hitting the walls, the ice slowly moves back and sometimes opens... wierd

As for Banjo-Tooie, amazing. Just I hated the Glowbo thing... it just didn't seem very Banjo-Kazooiey.

And I love how at the end of Banjo-Kazooie Grunty goes:
'You just wait for Banjoe-Threeie'
Or something.
Shame Rare were bought from Nintendo. It would of been one kick ass game.

Here's a screenie of the box I found (there were a few more but just the sides seperately) :
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a328/ ... GCNBox.jpg[/img]

It would be nice if Microsoft brought out Banjo-Threeie and made it really kool :D

Banjo Kazooie was sheer awesomeness, it had like actually good humour, which is "rare" in games. Though Gruntilda's siter was just annoying if you accidently talked to her >_>. Anyway, Banjo Kazooie offered a lot of variation, was an awesome introduction for newer games such as Jak and Daxter, if not for the bear and bird combo, you would most probably have never seen that one. And most importantly, it was fun to play. Though the balance was off quite a bit, hard levels and easy levels...
Banjo Tooie was nice, but not as good. The arsenal of weapons and first person shooter levels were just horrible. Though I did like the split up ability, completely going against all principles of the game, but still, it was great to play with Kazooie. Banjo alone was just annoying though.
For a change, you didn't lose all of your moves *cough*metroid*cough*, which was a very good element.

Rain

Sponsor

Marcus said:
The n64 just had a huge dry spell of games; it was remedied later on but for the first 2 or so years of its life cycle it was pretty much just a hunk of plastic. Not only that, but the N64 was using some pretty ancient technology

Sounds a bit like The Xbox 360 to me lol.
  • Big hunk of Plastic.... ummm ya
  • Ancient technology.... ummm yeah, When you rush to be the first for the next gen you end up even forgetting to add on the very thing that makes it next gen... the HD-DVD drive lol.
  • 2 years dry spell? well apart from maybe Oblivion and G.R.A.W the 360 has been nothing but pointless games after almost a year

(And a bit more on topic :P)
Banjo Kazooie was a great game. I still play it when I go round to my girlfriends sometimes. The best bit by far is kazooie when he talks, all the different bird sounds he makes, And the mole rules as well.

Maybe I will go and play it at my GF's soon lol

Serenade: O ok thanks for telling me :D They looked pretty real to me...
toxic pirate: Nothing... they were for Banjo-Tooie. You can hatch them and they give you cheats.

*off topic*
Sounds a bit like The Xbox 360 to me lol.

* Big hunk of Plastic.... ummm ya
* Ancient technology.... ummm yeah, When you rush to be the first for the next gen you end up even forgetting to add on the very thing that makes it next gen... the HD-DVD drive lol.
* 2 years dry spell? well apart from maybe Oblivion and G.R.A.W the 360 has been nothing but pointless games after almost a year

Can I just say that the 360 is pretty damn good and do loads of things, the tech is pretty 'high-tech' (HD-DVD drive is guna be a USB add-on, which is better because that means they can release it earlier) and finally, there's loads of good games coming out just you probably don't notice them *cough*cromehounds*cough*prey*cough*

Sorry about that :D

Oh man is Banjo-Threeie on GC? That would be cool, but I really can't see it happening. I sense those images are just fakes...I'll do some research on that.

EDIT:
Banjo Threeie (aka Banjo-Kazooie 3) is the next installment in the Banjo Kazooie franchise to be released on the Xbox 360.

History

Banjo-Threeie was originally planned for Nintendo's GameCube, and was set to be one of Rare's flagship titles for the system Nintendo GameCube. However, after Rareware's purchase by Microsoft in 2002, all Rareware development for GameCube games were either halted or transferred to the Xbox.
Rare has since announced that the game is in production and will be released on Microsoft's newest console, the Xbox 360. Rare is also working on two games for the Nintendo DS, one of them being Diddy Kong Racing DS and the other one rumored to be a port of Banjo-Kazooie. Fans speculated that Banjo Threeie would appear at E3 2005 as well as 2006, however it did not.

While the game is in development, there is very little info nor a scheduled release date as of now.
Did you guys know Brentilda's surname is Winkybunion? I never recall seeing that in BK.

Also, here's a movie some guy made of what he thought Banjo-Threeie might be like. It's pretty funny (screaming scene I like :P)http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/234288
Just click 'Watch this movie!' and wait for the movie to load (might take 10 or so minutes)

Is that all for real?

If so, that would be so flippin amazing if Banjo-Threeie came out on the Xbox 360.

And that Winkybunion I think it was actually Winkybut, I remember seeing it in a game mag ages ago...

Well, I trust Wikipedia...helped me pass my history exam last semester (I didn't read a book, the exam question was to write an essay about how espionage was demonstrated in the book we read lol! I got an A).

But one thing I've got to say, I love they're little secret passage ways and whatnot. Like through the pot near gobis valley and going through the Grunty statue :D

And JonoSasson wow I love your avatar (the mario one, just incase you change it). Go Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars!

I'm obsessed with music. Rare really where awesome with their musical compositions...

And thanks, I love Mario RPG...facial expressions in the game rock lol

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.