Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

AnimBatt Config folder multi-weapon script

I've been using Paradogs with Animated Battlers, and using 13x4 spritesheets, with 3 attack slots, each drawn with a different weapon.

Can I get a script where when a certain weapon is equipped, it changes the MNK_POSE_7 (the attack pose) from say pose 7 on the spritesheet (the default attack pose) to another pose that also attacks on the sheet (using mine as an example 7, 8, and 9 are all different weapon attacks).

ie from
MNK_POSE_7 = 7 (when specific sword or type weapon whatever is equipped)
to

MNK_POSE_7 = 8 (when an axe or spear, any different type weapon is equipped)

Thanks in advance, I'm not even sure if it's possible.

Told ya 2 days ago...

Code:
  MNK_POSES_WEAPONS    = {}         # Didn't set any weapons to any poses
  MNK_POSES_WEAPS_A    = {}
  MNK_POSES_WEAPS_E    = {}         # Non-functional (Enemies don't use 'em.)
The first array is for 'all battlers' using the same poses for the same weapon, so something like this...
Code:
MNK_POSES_WEAPONS    = {1 => 7, 2 => 8, 3 => 9}
... would set the system to use pose #7 if any battler is using 1st weapon in the database, use pose #8 if any battler is using the 2nd weapon, and the 9th pose if any battler was using the 3rd weapon.

And the MNK_POSES_WEAPS_A and MNK_POSES_WEAPS_E are for individual battlers (actors or enemies) if you need to have unique layouts for each battler.

For a couple battlers, you could do this...
Code:
MNK_POSES_WEAPS_A = { 1 => { 4 => 8, 6 => 9, 5 => 8}, 3 => { 4 => 9}}
... which sets up battler #1 to have the following combinations...
the 4th weapon uses pose #8, the 6th uses pose #9 and the 5th uses pose #8... all the while every other weapon uses the same pose that is already specified by MNK_POSE_7.

...and battler #3 is set up so the 4th weapon uses the 9th pose, again with every other weapon pose he's using being specified by MNK_POSE_7.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.