Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Actor graphic on text window

Twirly

Sponsor

I think the title says it all? No just kidding
First of all, in action, the script should look like this:
http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/5159 ... dowah9.png[/img]
The pink background of the charset should be transparent, of course.(I made it with paint)
But wait that's not it I have to explain how it works.
As you can see the window should show the sprite of a character (the one facing down or just the command draw_actor_graphic ... yes I can script a bit :P)
BUT it shouldn't draw the whole charset it should draw like 60 percent of it (look at the screenshot)
Now I'll explain how it should work.
If you want to draw the actors graphic on the window you have to write this in the text window: [ac(3)] "ac" stands for actor and the "3" in brackets stands for the actor ID.
so if you write that the charset of actor with the ID 3 one should be drawn like in the picture I showed you.
If you want to draw the charset graphic of an event you should write: [ev(20)] the "ev" stands for event and the "20" in brackets stands for the event ID.
That means that the charset of event 20 is drawn on the text window.
If I just want to draw to draw the graphic of the event which is being executed right now (no parallel process) then I should be able to just write [tev] which stands for this event.
So basically if I do that it will draw the graphic of the NPC I am talking to. (the [ev(ID)] is for cutscenes)
The script should be for RMVX BTW (In case you still haven't seen the icon)
I think that's all :)
If you still need more information ask me and I will edit this post
I would be very grateful if someone could do this :)
Thanks in advance!

Atoa

He is asking it on the Script Requests ¬¬'
I'm not blind ¬¬
But *why* it *must* be done whit scripts, if it would be *a lot easier* if done via events?

That's why i'm *asking* why use scripts if it easier to use events.

Twirly

Sponsor

Atoa":em7zqxmq said:
He is asking it on the Script Requests ¬¬'
I'm not blind ¬¬
But *why* it *must* be done whit scripts, if it would be *a lot easier* if done via events?

That's why i'm *asking* why use scripts if it easier to use events.
asdren":em7zqxmq said:
BUMP. I know i can event it but cutting every NPC's charset and erasing the picture and showing it would be annoying

Twirly

Sponsor

lazy? (lol you wrote lasy)
No, I am not, really I considered to have to do this BUUUUUUT IT WOULD BE NICE.
Also, my game will have like 300+ NPC's, can you imagine what a pain in the ass it would be to
cut all their charsets show them up and erase them???

Injury

Awesome Bro

Either way, script requests exists for just that. Scripts are made to make it easier for those who have intuitive and creative ideas...So what if you consider it the lazy way out...You have to script faces into RMXP, so what's your problem with his request?

Asdren, I think that you yourself could learn to do this...It seems like it could be a simple thing, but if not...I'm sorry! :)

Twirly

Sponsor

Injury":35g92aii said:
Asdren, I think that you yourself could learn to do this...It seems like it could be a simple thing, but if not...I'm sorry! :)
I am learning to sprite, which consumes enough time so I don't think I have time to learn for school
practice spriting and learn scripting (which consumes some time).
Though I know some commands, but only some from the default scripts...
Anyway, thanks for explaining this to people who consider me as a lazy ass.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.