Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A work in progress character

The hair seems to look a little strange, it doesn't seem to blend that well at the top, also the arms seem unshaded, otherwise it looks pretty good.

Anonymous

I don't think I have seen this style of template before (if your even using a template)

But I like it. The colour use is ok; maybe try adjusting your colour palate a little bit to make it feel like more of a theme and less of a random mash of clothes.

It's almost like an anime style. It's good. Keep up the good work. :D

woot!
I like it!!
What's the template? I've never seen it...
Nice pallete, if you're trying to achieve anime look, you've done a great job. The only prob is in the hair the most left (his right) hair is kinda strange...

there is not template well the template only has one frame.... this is my newest template character. all completely done by me. thanks for the comments guys it makes me happy that you all like my work

NexS

i would have to say that there is shading, but it's very plain...
heres a few pointers
*the hairline and the top of his hair are different... umm, like his fringe doesn't seem to curve out the same as the part in his hair(but this is minor)
*you've only used one colour for shading; the more, the merrier :D
*you should also use highlights, not only shading
*the colour that you've used to outline the red shirt and pants are far too dark in comparison to the 'inside' colour that the other areas or the image, lighten them up a little bit. This will also help to un-hide the shoes under all that colour :D

great start though :) you're becoming better and better each time

It's kind of creepy that only the head bobs up and down on the walk animation. Usually the entire sprite shifts down one pixel and the shorts get shortened one pixel since the bottom of the boot stays in the same spot. Or, at least that's how RTP style is. Also, the feet seem to be cut off on the walking animation.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.