Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A few simple AI tweaks

I need the stupid monsters to develop some kind of simple AI but I need it raw without any other script information as it will most likely conflict with my battle scripts.

Here's what I need:

1) The monster DOESNT use the exact same skill 2 times in a row.

2) The monsters won't use a skill that inflicts a status ALREADY inflicted. Ex: it will not use poison if the player is already poisoned

3) It will not do NOTHING once it runs out of skills points due to trying to use a skill

4) Monster only used resurrection skills when someone is actually DEAD.

I believe Seph has the advanced targetting but that would be too much of a hasle to merge with my other scripts.

P.S. Does anyone have the link to the script that moves out another payer from the main player within game to avoid alot of event details. Example, player speaks with someone, and the second hero comes out of him to speak as well. I searched but can't find it anymore and I'm fed up of doing it with events, lol.

thanks

Thanks alot Trickster, I'm very greatful for all the great scripts you've brought out. I'm downloading the demo now... bah dialup...

I hope it works out with my other scripts, and yes your other half has a targetting script, but I checked it out, it isn't what I needed, I hope this is :D

As for the p.s. I'm postive there was a script for that, it basically had whichever player you set's character set come and walk in the direction you want out of the player to avoid the long long constant setting of events for it.

I even remember that was stated as a reason to save hours in dev time

EDIT: It someone could please just make a basic script that stops ALL monsters from using their skills when they have 0SP, I would be very greatful. Tricksters' is nice, if it can start working without problems, but it's too specific, I need to have a general command that no monsters use skills with 0SP, and no monsters double their skill uses two turns in a row, and no monsters use a skill to inflict a status already inflicted on the player.

thanks

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.