Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

XPtize VX (Scripter Needed To complete the project)

Status
Not open for further replies.
im working hard on this, but i still i have some decitions to make about what to convert into events and what not to, i have problems cos i dont know if someone will help with the script i need and i need it more extense now, i also need a script to add passability

btw, the Tiles A are completed now

it works out, i just need time, as it is it works already but im improving it, i just finished making a grassland tree wall, it was the most dificult task ive ever done, i had to make everything match but the tileA 1 2 3 4 and 5 are finished, now ill make a forest tree wall, after that, everything will be easy, im almost done

tree walls will be very good in VX however ppl will have to learn how to map them, its difficult to me to make them being the creator lol but it will be a nice addition, basically i made a tileset with repetitions of the grassland tree so it is possible to create walls out of it.

busbuzz":3tqwy7f4 said:
lol what do u mean normaly? it doesnt match the rtp, with this the mapping system wint look awful anymore and the game making will be easier and friendlier

I wrote a script with the help of GubiD to make the rmxp maps/character/events to work alongside rmvx, all the greatest features of xp put into vx, all Im working on now is the editor for the maps and events
but im working on my pandoras box atm so I cant focus on it.

well scripts are good but still theres nothing better and easier for everyone than having a good mapping system, im aware of several scripts used for the mapping purpose but theyre not easy to use. having a good mapping system is the difference between XP and VX and thats the main reason no one likes VX here, because of the sucky mapping system. This will be very friendly.

now i want a script involved with this but it will be a script that doesnt involve ppl editing the script, it will be a part of a pack of the mapping system and ppl wont have to do anything but just download the pack and map normally

all my scripts are easy for simpletons :] not to be mean, but I hated it when I used to have a hard time getting anything done because of useless scripts

Ok New Version Arrived!!!!

everything was remade, now all the worldmap was remade and everything is more usable, This is completely usable right now but i still would like to create another version with more things

I NEED A SCRIPTER!!!! to complete this project

Basically what i need is to make a script that customizes the passabilities of characters to be able to map with characters too as a 3rd layer. also a script that allows all the character except the main character to be above the main when he is in the same X line.

You could try VX community, or RRR. I'm sure someone would really, really love to help with this! :D

As for the world map...in the screenshots, maybe you could make the trees and mountains a tad bit bigger to match the templates...?

Just a suggestion, of course :D

i guess i will have to try, i was hoping to get someone here. well anyways, its ready to use now, the next version will be better but now its usable, about the trees. its not possible, i may be using something else but larger trees isnt possible since it has to be 32 pixel tall. its an autotile. i have an idea for that though

Oh....well the little trees are a little...too little. :lol:

That's fine though, all RPGs go that anyway. :heart:

You should try other forums, especially the one about VX. They might help you. Sticking to one forum might now help you...

i did already, no help. btw are u using it now? if u have fixed the passabilities i might need it

Edit1: Nvm i started doing the passabilities thing and i found some mistakes in the mapping system, to be able to make cliffs with stairs, make up 2nd layer floors are neede, i started working on that, im creating a demo to be more accessible

Thula

Pardon the noob question, but by "XPtize VX" you mean putting XP graphics in VX tiles and killing the autoshadow?

ummm yeah, basically making a mapping system similar to XP

edit1: there are screenshots in the first thread, of what can be done with this, those screenies are VX maps

And yes, before anyone says anything, he knows there is a script. He wants to make something user friendly, without the hassle of editing the script and whatnot.

Right, Busbuzz? :smile:

lol exactly magi, i want a script but one edited by me so all the different passabilities of character files are changed but not something where ppl have to modify a script to map

Thanx, its not exactly what i want but i guess its a good idea for the ppl not using my template and wanting some edits in their games, what i want is to use character sprites for mapping but ill add this to the main one as soon as i finish the pack. it will be available soon probably today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.