Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

XPtize VX (Scripter Needed To complete the project)

Status
Not open for further replies.
XPtize Your VX

Demo available

This Are the Mapping tools to make your VX look like XP just follow instructions

As you might know, VX has a limited number of tiles available to play with so you must have a selection of tiles depending of your gamming needs. I created the complete Mapping tools to make VX look like XP and this will make your old character sets useful again

How it works:
Simply put these files into your project "System" folder and replace the older ones. then put this script over main to remove autoshadows. The shadows will be shown in map editor but not in the game

Code:
#Credits for Abt Plouton

class Game_Map

attr_writer :autoshadows

def autoshadows

# Set autoshadows to false if it is not yet defined

@autoshadows = @autoshadows == nil ? false : @autoshadows

return @autoshadows

end

alias ma_remove_auto_shadows_on_setup setup

def setup (map_id)

ma_remove_auto_shadows_on_setup (map_id)

# Rather than repeatedly call a method, set a local variable to have it's data

ma_data = data

return if autoshadows

# For all squares on the map

for x in 0...ma_data.xsize

for y in 0...ma_data.ysize

# If there is an autoshadow on this tile

if ma_data[x,y,1] == 0

# Delete auto Shadow

ma_data[x,y,1] = ma_data[x,y,0]

ma_data[x,y,0] = 0

end

end

end

end

end

and enjoy

The doors:
Put the doors in "characters" folder and replace existing one. This will make the doors work for the automatic door maker. The Large doors are for AlphaZ template
Door1.png

The Tilesets
TileA2-5.png

TileE-4.png

TileB-5.png

TileA5-4.png

TileA4-5.png

TileA3-5.png

TileA1-5.png

TileD-4.png

TileC-4.png

Screenshots

Town
Sinttulo-1.png

Greenlands with Greenland tree walls
gadgfdhsdgf.png

Worldmap
asdasdasdf.png

Worldmap Icy Version
123123.png

Demo
Try the demo right away!!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R23GMKZ2

Link to XP character converter to VX
viewtopic.php?f=179&t=60856

Link To AlphaZ
viewtopic.php?f=159&t=44860

V 1.2
-Trees Fixed
-Waterfall Fixed
-New stuff for armory

V 1.3 comming soon
-Autotiles for dungeons
-more tiles
-Script to remove autoshadows by ABT plouton

V 2.0
-Shadows in the flowers fixed
-Autotiles for caves and mines
-Autotiles for mountains in sands and grassy areas
-Autotiles for stairs in dungeons
-Completed Floor Tiles
-Makeup floor tiles in TileB (to hide autotile errors in mountains and 2nd levels of caves)
-More Stuff for decoration

Version 3.0
-Autotiles Remade, frankenstained and recolored
-Forest Maze walls completed
-All the walls corrected

Pro Mapping Tutorial Basics now available at http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=44338.0

Credit
Idea And Full Edition
busbuzz

Sprites From
Busbuzz
Venetia
Hungry Mouse
Iceax
Strawberry Quartz
Sithjester
Enterbrain

Scripts
Plouton

I will, i just need to complete it, ill improve all the tiles and then make everything else characters, i will need scripters too to complete the mapping system

there are waste spaces in the tiles, all the decorative small things will be converted to characters, then , trees and stuff like that will be made from characters too but i want a script that removes the passability to some sides of certain different character images, so for example if i use the character Big tree.png the script sets that to the right, left and up of that character there is no passability. that way i can even add animated trees.
different animations depending on the weather

I dont script, ill need a scripter. i wanna learn though. the script will be editable, its just like this:

editable script for events with an editable list

"tree1.png" [0,0],[0,1],[1,0],[0,1][1,1],[1,-1][-1,0]

and editing lines like that means that passability in those areas from the event = false and just adding more lines like that would add more characters with the passability, that way you could add a tree as a character and not worry about the passability

Oh, I wish I knew how to script, or I'd help you out lol
You could always check Zeriab's threads, or the threads at RRR or RMK. I don't know if this forum has any scripting threads (tutorials and stuff) but I know the others do :D

As for getting people to help, I hope they do. This project will be big, and their help would help make it bigger ^.^

lol what do u mean normaly? it doesnt match the rtp, with this the mapping system wint look awful anymore and the game making will be easier and friendlier

if u use Xp stuff in VX the tiles dont match and the doors are too small, like ratholes, also it matches my custom characters

Im working on this right now, im changing everything!!!! u will all love this.

i think ill merge the two threads as soon as im finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.