Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

What are you working on? (Game Making Thread)

*sigh* I think I'm going to bale on another jam. I just can't find the time to work within a 2-3 week time frame.
I'm now 1 for 3 this summer. The first jam was a 1 week deal. There was hardly anything to it and even though I could still do something similar - I'd just be lamenting that things weren't going the way I wanted them to.

So now I'm in a weird place. Anxiety is pushing me to find something else to do. I have other projects to work on. But they're pet projects I don't really want to finish, you know? That'll just be creating more anxiety 'cause if I finished those then I'd REALLY have nothing do to.

Last edited:
I've been offering RM support on other sites.
The moderators on these other sites are the worst. They've got to make themselves the solution to every problem - or they shut you down. Sometimes it's like "I don't know what you're asking and I refuse to be wrong" sometimes it's "I don't know what what you're asking but I assume you're in the wrong place".

So, RMMZ has a new Time-Progress Battle system -- except the editor has no new functions to work with it. Or even documentation about the behavior differences. The Troop Database is practically identical to the way it was in RMXP.
The implications should be obvious for anyone that uses the software. But it's like, how many other obvious things in MZ have gone unaddressed for the past year?

Anyways, I can't do anything about the editor limitations. But I'm sure there's a way to switch the order of Event processing and State-Removal. So that an event can know that a state has been removed on the same turn. The way it is now, using the TPSB, is kind of worthless.
I tried thinking of a simple script condition to anticipate the State-Removal based on the number of state "turns" but there is no accounting for the chance removal of a state within a range of turns.

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

I've been offering RM support on other sites.
The moderators on these other sites are the worst. They've got to make themselves the solution to every problem - or they shut you down. Sometimes it's like "I don't know what you're asking and I refuse to be wrong" sometimes it's "I don't know what what you're asking but I assume you're in the wrong place".

So, RMMZ has a new Time-Progress Battle system -- except the editor has no new functions to work with it. Or even documentation about the behavior differences. The Troop Database is practically identical to the way it was in RMXP.
The implications should be obvious for anyone that uses the software. But it's like, how many other obvious things in MZ have gone unaddressed for the past year?

Anyways, I can't do anything about the editor limitations. But I'm sure there's a way to switch the order of Event processing and State-Removal. So that an event can know that a state has been removed on the same turn. The way it is now, using the TPSB, is kind of worthless.
I tried thinking of a simple script condition to anticipate the State-Removal based on the number of state "turns" but there is no accounting for the chance removal of a state within a range of turns.
The community in general has become incredibly toxic, which is why outside of here and Save-point.org I've made myself sparse in the scene. The ones setting the example are the elites who work at rpgmakerweb. and so other sites think that that is how moderating should be done. Truly these so called professionals (Archeia actually is professional, the rest are like dogs asked to watch over a flighty pack of stray cats) are setting an immensely poor example that people who follow in their footsteps are blind and stupid enough to follow.

Getting a coder who can write plugins for RMMV becomes difficult, but I get much more peace and quiet and time to work on things... SPEAKING OF!

It has been a while since I updated you on my progress, hasn't it? Well~ As you well know- I am not wont to disappoint.

Unfortunately, I haven't done much this week but chill and play games. Pjcr is supposedly sending files tonight and Xiie's situation has yet to change, and my nerves are getting a little on edge since I was hoping to have this thing ready by quarter four this year, we may still! But it becomes less likely. This pandemic really has made everything overly difficult. Now thanks to some dumb yobbo in the state south of me we have to worry about the Delta variant. We've had the border locked for a good time and I hope it will stay as such for a good while longer, preferably forever. New South Wales is really the new South Australia, nothing but trouble comes from down there. On the upside Delta's gonna wipe a lot of them out because NSW people are immense morons and like the case study who spread the plague around like wildfire, think COViD-19 doesn't exist because it burgeons on their bubble world where bad things aren't allowed to happen to them.

I only wish he'd done us the service of being the only dumb fuck to die for his backwater believes, but yet again humanity shows itself the most competent when bringing everyone down with their dumb problems.

So now I have to worry about the modern day bubonic plague being but a few hours away from where I live, NSW management is handled by a political party I don't feel like covering in length, but are basically akin to the county of Texas, except they also like killing heritage wildlife.

So this week I've been letting escapism play its hand, and while I have gotten work done here and there, it's nothing like my usual rate of productivity.

But that all aside, here's what I did work on~!

Remi-Chan
Firstly I got a recording and production version of Koko's backstory done.

There was also some large changes to the writing in the final scene of Disk 2.

And on top of that, I also began- albeit only a bit, Remastering what remains to be remastered of the cinematics, starting with the art of Lumi diving for the button to turn off the machine. Below is a comparison~!

Before After
xGuaN9C.png
wkSq3Ku.png

And as a bonus, there's also lip-syncing and more facial expressions now to convey the mood and tone!

And then last, but far from least~ In preparation and anticipation to work on Seraphim, I deigned it necessary to make a working titlescreen. I need to remember to update my main website with it, now that it is done.

Seraphim: Sacreligious Law
wuRqoLh.png

"From the strongest among demons and angels shall the catalyst of true evil's downfall be made clear. This will be my final chapter in your story, after this point, you're on your own. I'd wish you luck, but instead I'll grant you something that actually matters.

A fighting chance. It is small, it is fleeting, and it is all you will have, but you've turned around bigger odds. So have faith in it. My blessing to those who show promise will be the only way to cast off the Shadow of Xalatath. Without this, you may as well be a pawn walking to it's death.

Arise Demon Lord. Arise Divine Virtue. You will be the foundation of a new world order."

Xalatath refers to the genome of evil, essentially it is called 'X' in most derivative fiction I have made regarding Xali and Xaela's stories. Seraphim will be the bridging game between Fantasia and the Final Round. The protagonists. an Angel named Angelica and a Demon named Mischevia. I'll talk about it more in spoilers.
Yi and some loyal subordinates cause the two factions, usually neutral with each other, to all out territorial war. The territory being the mortal universe.

In this war, Yi hopes to discover new potential members to replace the retired seat-holders of the Aspects, whom in their sixfold wisdom make up the late Origination council.

Lumi will be with the angels, Koko is keeping clear of it, while Lilac is busy waging a war of her own, she is an undead, so she's kind of in a weird spot. From all this five new members for the origination council are chosen, while Blu or now sacreblu retains her position as Omoikane, or Aspect of Magic.

The protagonists of the game become the new demon lord and divine protector, or Aspect of Night and Aspect of Light.

I've had a lot of really weird ideas about the origins of the protagonist. The best one is that Mischevia and Angelica were once a singular being, and that they had such a severe split personality that choosing either Heldath or Galvana was impossible, so their soul split into two new beings who named themselves after their different ideals. Angelica being angelic, kind, protective and stoic, while Mischevia is mischievous, cunning, passionate and wild. This has probably happened before, so it wouldn't be that far from the norm.

As for their past life, all I know currently is that they were a human girl who was experimented on by a Dr Huelette, who was trying to make her into the perfect monster, but another scientist, professor Moto helped her out of that situation. Her name was apparently Samantha Chile, but this may change as my discoveries become less vague.

Chances are that this Samantha killed herself, a society that would shun her and a world with no room for her was a fate worse than death. One side of her wanted to have fun and get revenge, while the other side didn't want to become what they were created to be.

This inner contrition was so strong the souls found a way to split without damaging the host, and took up respective roles catering to their interests.

Yi witnessed this incredible phenomenon and likely saw potential in them, and knew that should their distrust in the other be fueled, they could indeed both become highly powerful. The story starts on Terra, a world with a dominant human population, can't use Earth because it's now dominated by man's domesticated pets of old. That's semantics anyway. The game starts with a haunting scene where the same Moto and his crew are observing a demon they found lying unconscious with a sword through her heart. Both of which were vital to study. However, the demon was far from dead, and they are breaking their budget pumping her with sedatives to keep her dormant. This ultimately leads to failure, and the glass containment pod they had her recovering in shatters, and the sword lights up a red color. What emerges from the rubble is a small girl, about 5"2, with a slim build, jet black hair in two spikey tails and a demon's spadepoint tail accompanying an otherwordly beauty. Mischevia doesn't recognize Moto and kills him after giving him a taste of predation. From there the terrarian agencies try to halt her emergence by any means necessary, all of which are only foiled and empower her. In the face of a soulcatcher, mortal man are but ants who can only watch and pray for mercy. No matter the weapons or tools, it always ends the same way.

After getting into the city she awoke in, she goes and hunts for a bit and pledges to return the sword to Angelica, whom she admits had right to be mad with her. Mischevia doesn't believe in weapons and just puts it in her limbo until such an opportunity arises that she can return it.

After a while she meets Kloe, and gets told of Esperia, whom she'd already heard vague rumors about already. For Heldath, Esperia is basically an icon, just about everyone reveres her who dwells there, her commitment to all she does is hardly something that goes unnoticed. Seradath had asked her in the past if she'd like his job, but she turned it down. She was a hunter and killer, not a politician.

Driven by the tales of Esperia's excellence, Mischevia wants to become one who earns her company, which Kloe is happy to assist with, ther arc consists of going and doing a pecuilar kind of combat with a stage boss, usually one of the blood maidens or other powerful soulcatcher's.

One of these bosses is Dimensia, who gets on well with Mischevia and the two become a sort of duo, similar to Esperia and Anathema back in the day. Dimensia is impressed with Mischevia's ability and offers to help her acquire Dark Seraphim status, which will help with getting Esperia's attention, unebknownst to Mischevia, Esperia is already well aware of the little upstart and looks forward to seeing how she progresses. Fyori makes a stupid bet and this bet itself along with sharing the details with Angelica, Mischevia's other half, is what sets Angelica about her own plans, after successfully ascending to Dark Seraphim, and earning a place among the handmaiden's of Esperia- the critical moment appears.

Angelica is back, and with a look of disgust on her face, Mischevia is reminded of the fact she still has her sword and throws it to her, a move she may regret later.

Angelica states that with the help of her fellow angels, nothing short of a complete genocide of demonkind will suffice. The Demons call her an idiot and don't pay her much heed, until the heavy artillery, including Svoli- arrives.

Seradath argues that the neutrality of the factions is what keeps both afloat, and war would be absolutely the most destructive thing for both sides, Tristy nods but says nothing, she knows what is really going on.

Eventually, Angelica lets slip that it's not really her idea, and Seradath works it out, knowing he has no choice but to take it seriously, the DIVINE WAR OF ATTRITION begins.

The winning strategy for the angels is to safeguard the denizens of the universe, each and every one of them, which deprives Heldath of it's power source, souls.

However, while the angels definitely have the numbers to do so, they lack the means to deal with large groups, so in pairs or threes the demons would assail worlds guarded by the angels, spawn-camping them mercilessly and sometimes even violating them to take the territory. As this begins to happen other players whom are still among mortal kind get involved in their own ways, Koko creates a sanctuary for those wishing to flee the onslaught, while Lilac hunts down the villains among the angels protected targets to keep them from causing undue trouble. Zen Aneia enters into a Sakoku decree that forbays anyone entry, angel, demon or otherwise. This imbalance in the grand order of the cosmos is just what Yi had planned- already she was making lists of candidates for those who would inherit the thrones of the aspects. Nola gets really annoyed with the whole ordeal and does similar to Koko but for angels and demons who don't wish to be a part of the war at all, who can help each other subsist by way of eternal souls.

Meanwhile the cosmic defense force, which is now Sacreblu, the Enma, Mira, and others, works to keep an eye on the children of calamity and keep a vigilant watch on the events surrounding byteopia.

Yi at one point approaches Sacreblu and tells her that her daughter is out there fighting, and that shouldn't she find it hard to do what she is knowing what she could lose?

Sacreblu nods, but states that Fyori will always go along the path she desires, so she couldn't do much anyway, and she'd rather Fyori help where she can feel fulfilled. Sacreblu also gives Yi a full report on the children's actions, utilizing the Enma as a source of viewpoint, Yi appears pleased by Blu's conviction, and decides she can stay on as the Aspect of Intelligence.

Nola protects a world, Koko nurtures the life of mortals, Lilac brings death to the damnable, a demon fights for freedom and an angel fights for the righteous.

Yi had picked her players, now it was time to test them fully.

Yi notices Mischevia is reaching close to Serazai, the war had been good for her, she was approachign the most powerful of the begins facing her, the angelic monstrosity that Svoli Mystralese had become. After a desperate battle, Svoli is brought low, a new voice she had not yet heard enters her head, piercing her thoughts with an unignorable sense of urgency.

"Go forth, Demon Lord Mischevia." Mischevia screams suddenly and grasps her head while Svoli looks at her dumbfounded. "March upon the heavens and put your sister's own strength to the test." Mischevia gets up with a grin stretching across her face, before looking at Svoli.

"I hate that you will have to suffer this, but it was your choice to indulge in this stupid war, she extends her hand as Svoli looks at her not with anger or even worry, it seems like acceptance. "I'll need that power of yours, are you going to give it willingly or should i make you scream?"

"Please take it." Mischevia looks stunned at Svoli's abrupt askance. "This war has only reminded me of what i fled from, there are no winners in conflict, some simply lose out worse than others. Please, do whatever you must to make it end." Svoli offers her hand without protest. Mischevia finds herself humbled by this.

After this absorption, Mischevia's power skyrockets, between reaching Serazai and attaining godhood courtesy of Svoli, she was in a fine position to end the war.

Thus begins the Slaughter of the Pantheon, their is no match for her now. Angels can't really die. nor can demons. That's why attrition is the only way to really win, denial of resources, basically.

But this new Demon Lord is something else now, she could have removed them, but didn't want to, she didn't even want to rid herself of her other half, of Angelica.

One loud stomp at heaven's gate, and the hope of the high heavens is ground to dust. Tiramisa spots it first, she is no mere devil, she is a Demon Lord. The first one since Astaroth.

Not long after the architect of this insidious war makes her intentions known, and reveals the new aspect council.

This is on Mischevia's route. Angelica's story campaign will be largely the same but from her point of view and with her in the winning position. In Angelica's route, Mischevia will be the antagonist.

Last edited:
Been shaking off the caffeine withdrawals all week. I replayed Perseverance Full Clearance hoping it would give me some steam.
Got to admire Remi_Chan's attention to detail. There's story elements I didn't pick up on before in previous playthroughs.

But I've been doing this thing a lot lately. I look at game, movies, tv series, that I'm already familiar with; and I look for oddities. Not necessarily plot holes. Just things that didn't pan out. For example in FF8, if you use the school terminal you learn that Raijin is interested in insects. He's got an overdue library book about bugs. The Discipline Committee (who Raijin is a part of) request students report any new and unusual insect right away. Then there's Norg wrapping himself in a cocoon, and we never learned what became of him. All these things have a close relationship that I ask myself where they would/could have gone with it.
Or with TV shows, you learn from creator interviews that the story went in an unexpected direction. Maybe because an actor died, or became pregnant, or they thought it was the last season and ended story threads prematurely. And I just explore these creative spaces seeing what I can put together.

I made a thing. With some speculation notes.
edit: added a note that Vaddi and Kivik are obviously anagrams; with some speculation on what that means.
In the flashback Vikki says she'd make sure David and her would have a child. Something to read in to. Wilbur probably isn't royalty. If he was, he'd be part of the breeding program too I think.
edit2: added a few more tidbits. Noting Sven and Pep's color Scheme. And that Esperia visited Sven and Nola in their dreams.
There is a reference to Anne Rice books in the game. Kind of suggesting that Witch Hunters are Taltos, which are irl a type of Hungarian shaman. But something else in her books

Last edited:
The bit about Saxxis is stretching it. He's not technically "un"dead. But he has died, and Naxon revives him.
I was replaying Perseverance: Adherence last night. That was the VX Ace version, what I'd call the "pre-Clash" timeline. There's a lot of differences between it and the MV Full Clearance version. I personally think Adherence is a bit more coherent. Full Clearance added Kara and Tiramisa, and the whole Royal family. But it is also dropped a few details. Saxxis had a sympathetic character arc. In the promo material he's got the name "The Alchemist". I think that at least suggests some Chimera experiments. Maybe Gene splicing. The potential is there; even if it was never realized.
He's appearance changed a great deal between versions. His black and blue appearance gave him a dread appearance. And "the dread" was actually a curse placed on everyone by the monarchy. Were alchemy involved, I'd have to wonder if Saxxis could have been researching the dread and the monarchy.
I mentioned allusions to Anne Rice books before. The origin of vampires had to do with witches cursing Egyptian royalty. But because the elites were this cannibal cult, they figured out how to delude the curse by sharing their blood.
I watched Queen of the Damned recently too. Great movie. But not very informative lore wise.
We don't really know what goes on within Naxon's Cult, which Saxxis is the Archbishop of, but I'd be willing to bet it involves spreading the dread.

I detect a few Egyptian elements. Just small hints, that maybe aren't worth mentioning. But I love digging through old dev logs so I got to share this trailer with Yugioh music.

I have not considered using any Egyptian motifs within my fan story. Although I haven't really designed the final boss yet.

I made another infograph thing for Fantasia. I'm really bad at remembering names. Remi_chan is nice enough to make informative dossiers or even information centers within the games. But it practically needs a wiki. I made a chart of Characters and their corresponding Ennui and DENUI/Archangels. I won't post it here since Fantasia is still in development. Some of what I know is outdated or misinterpreted, things I've grasped from dev notes here and there. And conversations we've had.

At the very least, it's an excuse to get my table out and open art programs. I've really fallen out of the habit of drawing and doing resource requests like I used to.

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

I made a thing. With some speculation notes.
edit: added a note that Vaddi and Kivik are obviously anagrams; with some speculation on what that means.
In the flashback Vikki says she'd make sure David and her would have a child. Something to read in to. Wilbur probably isn't royalty. If he was, he'd be part of the breeding program too I think.
edit2: added a few more tidbits. Noting Sven and Pep's color Scheme. And that Esperia visited Sven and Nola in their dreams.
There is a reference to Anne Rice books in the game. Kind of suggesting that Witch Hunters are Taltos, which are irl a type of Hungarian shaman. But something else in her books
Man I'm honestly so happy people have been having this much fun trying to work stuff out, can happily provide some confirmations here.

The 'Esperia having anne rice books' is just an offhand thing I didn't put much thought into.

Saxxis has zero involvement in the royal family, he was just an inventor / scientist that sought to improve the lives of everyday mammals, and is responsible for the vegetarianism most of the civilized mammals enjoy today. Reading into Esperia's journals can be very illuminating on stuff like this. His last name is just an ode to his palette, which looks quite cold, as it was based off of black ice.

I gotta give you props, Trisslebelle is indeed Tiramisa's mother and her royal family name, though Monkeus' lineage is unknown. it was kind of just a play on some of the old monickers people use to make for me based on my bizarre monkey alias. The Cookiedoe name comes from her mate, so he probably had a name like Hype or Speedy or something. It's likely Tiramisa let him name the child, as her goal was to make her newborn as unaware of her existence as possible.

David and Vikki are Nola's grandparents, while Kivik and Vaddi and her parents. David is an old friend of mine from Cambridge, and his sister is named Vikki. That's where those names and the "Worthington" name comes from. David Worthington is I think my second oldest internet friend.

Meribu and Eric were both cats in life, but when they ascended they chose Heldath, and became to possess new appearances. This isn't anything new, Esperia who was formerly a regular britishwoman is now a demoness, with pointy ears and a completel different appearance. In life she had black hair in a large braid and pale skin, the only striking similarity was her frigid blue eyes. Eric may have been one of Paulino or Janley's relatives, or the red eyes could just be because of his ascension.

Meribu's eye color is likely insignificant to Tiramisa because Tiramisa's devilish green eye color may be solely a manifestation of the devil-gene.

Naxon's cat in my mind at the time of writing that bio was a silly domestic one not unlike the ones we know. He is a character heavily inspired by Kel'thuzad- known for showing emotion when you kill his cat "Mr Bigglesworth". That's what that the reference was in short.

Wilbur is Kivik's bro. He is essentially a part of the royalty but the royalty's time had passed as it had for Kivik and Vaddi by the time they'd been born. Wilbur was indeed a witch hunter, which is probably why his corpse was but a puddle of blood, similar to the ones Esperia is known for leaving behind.

There's no crimson demon in the cookiedoe bloodline, Pep's eyes are red based on his devil gene, similarly, Sped's eyes are amber. We never see them because he'd lost them long before the events of the game.

The guard is just some nobody. Tiramisa's mate would have already been dead by the time of that meeting, as she was a month or so pregnant.

Pep, Xepp and Z'ppe (name not official, just what I could come up with.) are Pep's normal self, his devil gene and angel gene respectively. Pexepe is the culmination of his three minds cooperating as one, a cherubim.

Sven inherited the same genes as Pep, the reason he is a paler red is because he isn't quite as fond or obsessive about red cordial as his bro and father. The color of his coat is just one of the things i do with color theory, green means courtesy, while red means passion. Pep has a green jacket, too.

Kara's brother never met the union, their unnamed parents separated and took one kid each, one to continue the legacy of their parents, another to abandon it. Kara's sword was the one her brother wielded, it was given to Kara by him, saying she'd probably need it more where she was going. In some throwaway dialogue in Fantasia during an optional event, Kara mentions her cousin 'Mhi' which confuses Pep because he thinks Kara is saying 'me'.

Naxon is indeed from Nadine, in life he was one of the people who dwelled in Corr, an area never really visited in the game, similar to Moiyserr (kelp elves place), Shortirego (one of the several halfling outposts through the universe, it was evacuated and abandoned following the events of Menagerie), Suramar (extinct human kingdom that was decimated by the Beroshian bearman after humanity showed its ugly side to them), Elsenwood (High Elves nation, high elves in my games aren't particularly regal, they are just high all the time on hemp and other piecemeal leafy hallucinogenics.) and probably others I forgot. Corr had a race of weird dragon-like people who were mostly human but had dragon scales over different part of their bodies and other features like a thick dragon tail and sharp teeth. Naxon was among a sect of the Corr who practised dark magic and necromancy and accidentally opened a tear in reality, a blackhole which claimed him and the lives of several others. It's flow was halted by powerful magicks and was later disposed off by Naxon after his ascension, as a sort of 'paying back his people for their hospitality' kinda dealio. His cat was likely a variant of the Nagelkitty that were present in Evergrove, one of which even gave out a quest.

I found an old map of Nadine and marked out most of the locations.
Tc21S8O.png

Snowball isn't incredibly developed as a character so I dunno much about him, I suppose it's quite possible he was Naxon's cat, though that doesn't explain how he talks (all nouns, adjectives and even some verbs are replaced with food products or kitchen processes). It would certainly explain how he may be able to travel around the universe though. (Rolly and Pep are quite surprised to find him on post-apocalypse Nadine aka Hope when the last time they saw him was on Earth when they were stealing from his market.)

Galdath is indeed the progenitor of the angel gene in mortals, likewise it's confirmed on several counts that Seradath is responsible for the devil gene by "throwing lightning up a cat's ass" as he would say. This is as goofy and stupid as it sounds, he just shot a bolt of lightning through her to see what would happen.

Safael and Bubbles are unrelated, it's hard to find much info on it but it's revealed in Disk 2 of Fantasia that two of the Celestials of Zen Aneia were the originators of those powers. Nai: The Black Ocelot, is responsible for Witch Hunters. In a similar vain, Khaora: The White Tiger, is responsible for crimson demons.

Nai's existence is revealed in this video.
And I believe Khaora is mentioned in there somewhere, as well.

They are based on the four winds in chinese folklore. There's also Yaruri: The Azure Dragon (basically Yi) and Morzan is mentioned by Nanianne who states the following:
Nanianne said:
To the far south within the borders of Morzan lies the Shrine of Morzan herself. It may seem like we here have a tendency to say her name in vain but that's not really it. Celestials aren't vain creatures and are happy to become parts of our vernacular in whichever way we choose. Morzan has a fiery temper so we always swear to her because her rage means business!
In all likelihood, Morzan is an inflection of Wi Hellrider. Fiery Temper and lack of vanity being good leads, as well as that her color would be yellow, which is the color of Wi's eyes.

Tiramisa and Sped are purely devil-gene, while Svana and Svoli are purely Angel gene. Pep and Sven inherit both. There is no Crimson Demon or Witch Hunter in the Cookiedoe family.

Svana is not a witch hunter, her yellow eyes are due to the intensity of the angel gene within her. Svoli's aren't ever able to reach this stage because unlike Svana who like Tiramisa went under great training and unlocked the power at the source, Svoli was a late bloomer and died before she could become very strong.
It is a very common color for the eyes of an angel to become, similar to how demons often end up entertaining red. This is Svoli post-ascension so she no longer houses an angel gene, she actually just is an angel at this point. However she doesn't have the yellow eyes shine through outside of extraordinary circumstances like in the video-- UNTIL she reveals the power she's been hiding.

She'd become a Serazen and had kept that little trump-card for when it was needed, and she had another even crazier trick up her sleeve.

As for why Esperia visited Nola and Sven in their dreams, there's a couple good reasons I can think of.

Keeping in mind, Esperia used to give Pep nightmares, too. Chances are no one in the family was spared, but it effected Sven because of the dormancy of his powers. Pep had an angel and devil gene to keep his dreams optimistic. Sped and Svoli were likewise, even though Svoli was not aware of it, she had used her angel gene powers in the past to revive Sped from the brink of death- so hers was awoken by the time Esperia had the mind to mess with her.

Nola's witch hunter power had not yet awakened, in fact they don't awaken until Act V: The Empress shortly before challenging Xepp. So Esperia had free lease to hassle her, as well. Nola made it difficult for her though, Esperia could only target her IF she knew her basic whereabouts. While in the heartwood Nola could sleep uninterrupted, and after Sped's death Nola never slept again until she spaded herself. Sven probably got some nice rest for that year in the heartwood as well.

That answers almost everything in the wall of conspiracy, beyond why Safael has cat ears.

That's just because his old design he looked very catlike, and his name was Safiercat, this was changed later to reflect the status quo of the origination council. (Unusual but easy to say names) The cat ears are merely an ode to his older self, though they also kinda foreshadow something.

You might notice the similarity, that Safael is the shaper of worlds while Nola's whole gimmick is "It's my world to protect."

At the end of Seraphim she becomes the next Earth Shaper or "Saharutiko" to replace Safael.
lNhEEJH.png

Concept by Risedemos

Alright! Now there's a couple more things outside the chart that I feel I should address~
The bit about Saxxis is stretching it. He's not technically "un"dead. But he has died, and Naxon revives him.
That's actually the definition of undeath. He can't ascend because his will is bound to Naxon's, however Naxon released his captive soul after learning of his defection, allowing him to take his own life, possibly feeling guilty over so thoroughly using him.

I was replaying Perseverance: Adherence last night. That was the VX Ace version, what I'd call the "pre-Clash" timeline. There's a lot of differences between it and the MV Full Clearance version. I personally think Adherence is a bit more coherent. Full Clearance added Kara and Tiramisa, and the whole Royal family. But it is also dropped a few details. Saxxis had a sympathetic character arc. In the promo material he's got the name "The Alchemist". I think that at least suggests some Chimera experiments. Maybe Gene splicing. The potential is there; even if it was never realized.
His character is sympathetic later in PFC as well, but you really have to look into things. He had always been in search of ways to better the lives of mammal-kind, between fixing the cannabalism problem, and searching for a limitless power source which is actually what led to the invasion of Heldath on earth in the first place. Like he says in PFC: The road to good intentions is paved with the bodies of the innocent. He just wanted to do science and Naxon promised him the ability to do so, and while he got what he wanted, he was always bitter about it later, which lead to his eventual decision to quit.

He never enjoyed immoral experiments, he always found them tacky and classless. His name of alchemist is literal, he makes a lot of alchemy happen. Doesn't mean he dabbles in bio-engineering, which is a very different field.

That's more M.F. Lazarus' shtick, the guy who created the halfbreeds and the Mountain Kangaroos (Tristy's breed.)
He's appearance changed a great deal between versions. His black and blue appearance gave him a dread appearance. And "the dread" was actually a curse placed on everyone by the monarchy. Were alchemy involved, I'd have to wonder if Saxxis could have been researching the dread and the monarchy.
I mentioned allusions to Anne Rice books before. The origin of vampires had to do with witches cursing Egyptian royalty. But because the elites were this cannibal cult, they figured out how to delude the curse by sharing their blood.
I watched Queen of the Damned recently too. Great movie. But not very informative lore wise.

We don't really know what goes on within Naxon's Cult, which Saxxis is the Archbishop of, but I'd be willing to bet it involves spreading the dread.
I should mention that I have never read Anne Rice's books, and the only reason I probably even know of them at all is courtesy of my mother.

His old black and blue appearance is where the bufudyne name comes from. Black Ice, which is still heavily portrayed in how his fur and eyes look.

He was effected by Archonite, the same stuff you see oodles of in the archonite caverns, and thats why you have other people with blue coloration as well. Heldath's influence is very corrupting and I'd wager while his mind has stayed mostly intact, his body isn't coping so well physically. The blue monkey was once one of the people who mined Archonite from those caverns.

Archonite, just to verify, is crystalized Archonfire, an element exclusive to Heldath. It is a fire so cold that it burns like frostbite, the majority of Esperia and Naxon's attacks are packed with this stuff. Saxxis doesn't like to rely on it, and his dependance on his inventions is probably why he hasn't lost his mind.

As for the Dread curse, there's not much information on that, we don't know if it was simply a vexation by one of the royalty or if it was simply a theory and the real reason dread pigs are is simply because exposure long term to a being like Naxon made them that way.

One thing is certain, those effected by it are no longer resembling of their prior selves outside of basic body types. Dread Thanes were once bulldogs, Dread Pigs were once just regular pig people, Dread swoopers (the impish creatures) were probably chickens or birds, Dreadcasters could be any number of mammal because the robes hide most of what they are.

Dread Summoners are similar to dread casters.

Dread Skeletons probably aren't worth thinking about.

The Dread Wasps which are never fought but seen in Esperia's legion in Act 1 are probably insects malformed by the curse or just who exposed themselves to too much archonfire.

Believe it or not many more dread enemies were suggested during a brain-storming session, there was a bunch of ideas that never made the release due to being overly ambitious.
Google spreadsheet with a bunch of stuff like that here!

Saxxis' position as Archbishop was an old fragment of the initial insurrection, Naxon got him to convert people from an abbey at St. Albans. He is actually found in an abbey in the very first playable version of the game which is no longer accessible to the public.

I detect a few Egyptian elements. Just small hints, that maybe aren't worth mentioning. But I love digging through old dev logs so I got to share this trailer with Yugioh music.
video

I have not considered using any Egyptian motifs within my fan story. Although I haven't really designed the final boss yet.
There is mild egyptian worldbuilding, most of it relays back to Naxon's third eye, the angular eyed sight. For some reason Naxon has a eye in the sky that slightly resembles the eye of horus, albeit without the same symbology. The triangle is similar to the ones very present in Fantasia- it's possible that when Naxon opened that rift he was visited by the demon with triangle eyes who bestowed him with that 'gift'.

That's merely conjecture though, I would have to think more about it.

It's more likely it has something to do with M.F. Lazarus. The big give away is that when Kara slashes it in two, the monitors in the secret jukebox basement of Splode lose power and the screens turn black. Given that lab is revealed in Fantasia to be a place where Saxxis and Lazarus meet, it's not unlikely the Angular-eyed sight was given to Naxon via Lazarus' deft hand. Being able to use it as a universe wide spyglass is similar to the function of the PYR4MID but much less interactive.
Been shaking off the caffeine withdrawals all week. I replayed Perseverance Full Clearance hoping it would give me some steam.
Got to admire Remi_Chan's attention to detail. There's story elements I didn't pick up on before in previous playthroughs.
Yeah there's a lot of hidden shit in a lot of my games. Menagerie and Intelligence are incredibly so for it, and Fantasia is quickly growing on the list.

I made another infograph thing for Fantasia. I'm really bad at remembering names. Remi_chan is nice enough to make informative dossiers or even information centers within the games. But it practically needs a wiki. I made a chart of Characters and their corresponding Ennui and DENUI/Archangels. I won't post it here since Fantasia is still in development. Some of what I know is outdated or misinterpreted, things I've grasped from dev notes here and there. And conversations we've had.

At the very least, it's an excuse to get my table out and open art programs. I've really fallen out of the habit of drawing and doing resource requests like I used to.
Well, I'd love to see it, so if you dm me on steam or discord I'd be down for discussing it.

I have begun making a wiki in the past only to realize it'd be so much work and I have better things to do. My hope is once i get popular enough someone will just do all the hardwork for me~

This has actually already started happening in a small degree.
https://rpgmaker.fandom.com/wiki/Perseverance:_Full_Clearance

at this point i have a pretty decent idea of the full plot of Fantasia.

ENNUI HOLDERS:
Lumi = Zen Naamah
Koko = Eisheth Zenunim
Lilac = Agrat bat Mahlat
Sacreblu = Lilith
M.F. Lazarus = Lucifrael

ARCHANGEL HOLDERS:
Disk 1
Pep = Chamuel the Wrathful
Svoli has no archangel, her DENUI is Cupid.
Kara = Michaella the Envious
Rolly = Barachielle the Gluttonous
Tristy = Gabrielle the Proud
Lyza has no archangel, her ENNUI is Saint Sophia.
Disk 2
Nola has no DENUI. Likely removed by Akra Olna.
Wizard has no DENUI, but rather is possessed by Wi Hellrider herself.
Limbo has no DENUI. Bubbles removed his long ago.
Tiramisa has no DENUI. She is being manipulated by her Devil Gene Xaramitsi.
Sacreblu = Eve the Originator. Not an Archangel, more like the mother of them.

Disk 3
Mad E. Lin has no DENUI.
Zardari = Raphael the Apathetic
Mira Crowspeaker has no DENUI.
Esperia = Azrael the Greedy
Fyori = Jopheline the Lustful

Although Mira doesn't have a direct DENUI, as she killed it herself during the plot of Crowfeast. The Sun God Ra is revealed to be a DENUI given form.

Mira and the whole world of Shale is basically where the Ancient Egyptians were moved to after Yi saw they were too intelligent to remain on Earth.

The Timeline of the Cosmos said:
5,000 BC: The Triangle is given weight.

Yi finds a group of people far beyond the rest of Earth in technology, and decides to make a long lasting civilization work in her image. The Egyptians see Yi as a malevolent but wise ruler, and do as she commands for fear of invoking her wrath. In mere years great feats were accomplished that made Stonehenge look like a cheap DIY project. Yi had made herself an empire. But this empire was too powerful for the slower developing Earth, so she relocated it elsewhere in space onto a Planet she would call Shale, and left two deities in charge, the Sun God Ra and his Consort Eset.

Last edited:
Well if you're going to twist my arm. There's fewer novel connections to make. But I tied adding some speculation to it.
I know you were planning on going inside Tiramisa's mind and confronting her devil gene. I guess that begs the question of how many people or "things" can occupy another. Like Disgaea's Item/Chara world, where you going to a item or character and clear floors to boost stats.

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

Well if you're going to twist my arm. There's fewer novel connections to make. But I tied adding some speculation to it.
I know you were planning on going inside Tiramisa's mind and confronting her devil gene. I guess that begs the question of how many people or "things" can occupy another. Like Disgaea's Item/Chara world, where you going to a item or character and clear floors to boost stats.
Alrighty!

Eve is indeed a longstanding DENUI Blu has possessed and which was passed onto her when she went Sacreblu.

the word Ennui is unrelated to the acronym which stands for EmbodimeNts of Newfound Unbridled Instinct.

Sata-N is Satanifa's codename, as she was injected into the game via Sata Drive (N:)

Satanifa is her name she goes by, the Twins tend to call her by her codename, similar to how Yi often refers to the girls by their icons. Red Bat, or Blue hare, etc.

Lumi's equivalent to Koko's Apocalypse Prophet is Long Arm of the Law, while Lilac's is What Nightmares Fear

Saccharine Bewilderment is likewise Sacreblu's.

Kara's DENUI is the Archangel Michaella.

Sped's DENUI ceased function when Esperia tortured him for weeks on end. His Devil Gene took the opportunity to relieve him off it while it was so harshly weakened. Sped can see with fluoroscopy, similar to Sven. In death he got his eyes back but he'd become so used to seeing the unusual way he did that he kept doing it.

Kitsune aren't given DENUI. Yi and Akra Olna and friends who trust each other. if Yi trusts someone she doesn't bother with a DENUI.
Dunno where you got the idea Hellcat is a pupil of Spooky. Naxon was Limbo's pupil for a while, though.

The portals between Heldath and Earth were destroyed in PFC.
Ancient Ones have no relation to DENUI. They are essentially a file-destroying virus.

Archangels are the commanders and tacticians of DENUI. The Pantheon you could say, Eve being their mother.

The names are feminized for the sake of matching their hosts gender. Barachielle was a weird exception because there is no real way to de-feminize that name. Chamuel is not feminized.

Disk Delta is the endgame, by that point you're finished icon collecting. That is where all the final plot elements come to congregate on one great stage and the several final boss battles are waged. DENUI are basically old news by that point.

Sacreblu will also have a fight all to herself where she will unlock her own ENNUI EMPOWERMENT and become very powerful. Disk 3 and onwards she will become a tag-team fighter alike Lilac, Lumi and Koko instead of being a second wind.

Sacreblu Deus, she basically becomes an Embodiment in her own right.
K0mFjIu.png

That said you only need look at the acronym of ENNUI to see that all five of the ENNUI BEARERS have the potential to become an Embodiment.

And to wit, three of them basically will. But only one in the span of this game.

"Do bodies have storage capacities?"

A bit hard to know the actual question underlying this. But i may have somewhat answered this when I alluded to how Sped lost his DENUI.

"Can DENUI be locked out?"

Again, without a huge amount of context, this is a bit of a tough question. They can certainly be expunged, Tristy proves this well enough when she uses a device to send Gabrielle out of her as a sort of ghostly presence. Lyza does the same to Barachielle. At this stage commands can effect them individually of their host. They must be in a weakened state for the commands to have any real effect, though.

"Do Minds Stack?"

They have different areas for different psyches. When one enters another's mind like QOS and Esperia have shown to be doing, they are regarded as an outside entity and it is up to the minds will, usually the host, if it is allowed. Esperia's case she can paralyze the defensive mechanisms, which is why she was able to enter Pep's mind unimpeded, even though Xepp dutifully tried to dissuade her.

In QOS's case, Tiramisa was willing so it didn't prove troublesome.

The limit of external entrances is unknown. All we know currently is it's above one but hasn't reached over ten.

It's also a pretty rare feat, only two so far have been shown to be able to do it.

Esperia in PFC, is able to enter Pep's mind individually without much issue, but she is an incredibly powerful being, and given Soulcatcher's are also dream demons, it's quite possible Soulcatchers all have access to this power. or perhaps it is a power exclusive to Dark Seraphim and the later evolution of Serazai.

She is shown to be able to also bring at least two passengers with her (Nola and the host itself) however when Esperia did this she had to do a lot of preparation and ask for Seradath's aid as well. So it is clearly a pretty involved and complex technique to bring others in.

The Queen of Shadows can do it with next to no issue, but I'd expect that, as she has spent the last 400 billion years researching and mastering as much magic as she could. She is one of the most powerful and versatile spellcasters that exists. I often group her with S-rank beings like Xali, The Enma and Embodiments.

I have no plans to do a video on the events which transpire in Tiramisa's mind until after Demo 3 is out. but it is basically done. The plot for Disk 2 has been done long enough that I've been re-writing it so i don't have to do a repeat of Demo 2. It's just boss battles and a single cinematic that remains, and some remasters of older cinematics, of which only FS11 and FS12 demand particular attention, FS07 only requires a fileswap (which I can't do yet because that's up to Xiie! ha ha ha~) and the rest are already remastered with the exceptions of FS01, FS02 and FS03 which don't need anything done.

The Splash intro for the game might receive some small updates. Particularly in regard to the voice lines for M.F. Lazarus who is fairly difficult to understand comparitive to him in FS06 Intermission 2. Chances are I'll also make a new render of his art to reflect the games art direction.

Last edited:
I vaguely remember a late night chat with you about all this. I guess it didn't really soak in.
I was just speculating Spooky or Hellcat as potential Denui/archangels puppets. I was wondering if an Ancient One could be possessed. Or if they would infect Denui themselves. I'm just trying to wrap my head around the hierarchy of it all.

Here's a video of the ocean wave in action. Ideally I'd replace the "sand" - if you can even all it that. Maybe use a parallax that fades from wet sand into ocean blue.

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

I vaguely remember a late night chat with you about all this. I guess it didn't really soak in.
I was just speculating Spooky or Hellcat as potential Denui/archangels puppets. I was wondering if an Ancient One could be possessed. Or if they would infect Denui themselves. I'm just trying to wrap my head around the hierarchy of it all.
Damn you are giving me a mighty heck of fun.

DENUI and the Ancient Ones are unrelated entirely. For Ancient Ones, there's nothing for a DENUI to really latch onto as they are more autonomous than anything. Mawed Souls are merely possessed and their state is eroded by ancient ones mentally. Those weak enough to become Mawed Souls generally are too weak to possess a DENUI.

The names of the now deceased DENUI are up in the air, though I must say Hades and especially Anubis for Nola are good ones, though unlikely to stick as DENUI are typically rooted in protestant and hebrew versions of christianity, rather than mythology. Weaker DENUI could simply be something along the lines of a Saint like Tareesa, a Pope or other famous men and woman on the side of god in the bible. For instance Hellcat's DENUI might be Moses and Nola's might be Noah, just as some quick examples.

There's no need to name them though, just fun conjecture on my part, there.

I should clarify that Mira's DENUI is not Ra. her DENUI would have likely been Isis. (this is a bit of a contradiction given what i said above, but consider the heavy egyptian vibes surrounding Mira and her homeworld I'll just pretend it's okay.

Aspects are unrelated to the pecking order, as ENNUI nor DENUI really are considerd in the league of gods even though in same cases they can be as strong as them or stronger, the reason they aren't counted is because they are at the whims of a host.

The pecking order is like so.

Embodiments > Outer Gods > Master Control Programs < Aspects > Eternals/Gods > Ascended/Immortal > Mortals

Embodiments are few in number, but their command is supreme.

Outer Gods are also very few, the Enma is a good example, they are gods who generally speaking are outside dimensional law and acknowledgement. Xalatath would also be an outer god.

Master Control Programs are entities like Satanifa and Niirgo/Origin, they are the regulators and writers of the canon in the dimensional space.

Aspects serve directly under MCP's and usually act as their worker bees, usually around 6 exist, although Niirgo could also be seen as a double-sided aspect, as while origin is the Aspect of Creation, Niirgo was the Aspect of Cessation. Blu was an aspect prior to merging with Niirgo, nor she's essentially an Outer God.

Eternals and Gods are beings with indestructible bodies but who are still limited in what they can do Ra, Eset and the Zen Aneian Celestials would be classified as Gods, while one like the Queen of Shadows or Kyoshi would fall under eternals. (Eternals are those who retain their person and position despite cyclic destruction via origination. Eternals do not have indestructible bodies.

By the end of Crowfeast, Mira is closer to an outer god than anything.

Ascended / Immortal are plentiful, any who has died and lives ascended or immortal now fits this description, Limbo, Esperia, Trsty after she was shot in 314th.Clash and Svoli after Esperia killed her among countless others. Immortal is more for species with eternal youth and inexhaustible souls. Fyori prior to her death is a good example. Can still be killed but their soul cannot be drained from their body to weaken them.

Mortals is people without eternal youth . life and who have not yet died. They have a limit to their soul and the SP field slowly and shortly grows thinner as they get older, one the SP Field collapses their soul is whisked to the tribunal where their death is confirmed.

Should probably briefly explain souls, well they are like orbs in the body that have a large centre there their soul power is, and around this soul power is the SP Field (or soul protection field).

Soulcatchers bypass the SP field and drain the soul directly. Once the soul does the rounds through their system it ends up at the tribunal, just usually a few weeks later than people who don't die in this way.

For this reason, immortal beings are essentially endless feed for Soulcatchers, for while their SP can thin and die like any mortal, their soul power can be extracted indefinitely and recharge just as fast as it is taken. This meta-knowledge is how Esperia finally reached Serazai, albeit with Fyori's consent and pleading.

I think that's all of it~

SUCCESS!
I've finally cracked the enigma of MZ's effekseer. I knew there had to be a way to customize the effect's dynamic input parameters.
Besides the fact that MZ doesn't have any input settings to work with effekseer, the effekseer.min.js had a bug where the setDynamicInput function didn't actually reference any value, so anyone who tried to set a new parameter would actually just be setting it to NaN.

I've submitted a bug/suggestion thread on the rpgmakerweb forums. Paying due diligence. I don't actually expect them to do anything.

But this really opens a lot of doors to MZ's untapped potential.

Wow, this is awesome. I've been a fan of Rust for years, but I've only played it on PC. Now I have a PS4, and it would be great to try Rust on that platform. But I'm afraid there will be a lot of bugs before patches are released. However, many people think that the graphics on consoles are not as good as on PC, but this time it's just incredible (as I can see in the screenshots). But my favorite is the x-go. You know, I'll probably sell a couple of skins from my collection on https://skincashier.com/sell-rust-skins to have enough money for the console version.

Last edited:
The cool thing about dynamic Inputs is that it can be used to selectively spawn certain elements of an animation.
With older Rpg Maker systems if you wanted a portrait slide-in for an attack animation you'd have to create a unique animation for each characters. However with Effekseer all those portraits can be built into the same effect animation. And automatically display the relevant portrait based on the Dynamic Input parameter.

My setup is still a little crude. But as a proof of concept I've created an animation that displayed a Blue Sphere when the player is facing left, and a Green Sphere if the player is facing right.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.