Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

We're back (for now)

zchin

Sponsor

I still don't get it.
I thought that if the site was temporarily down that when it came back up nothing would be lost, and if it never existed then I wouldn't have remembered what I did to the story I made therefor making it impossible to have never existed.

It wasn't temporarily down, it's still fully down; shadow restored a backup to a completely different web host.

Thankfully the backups are regular, i.e. weekly, though if we (er... shadow) had known this was going to happen then a backup would have been made at the latest possible opportunity.

zchin

Sponsor

so if the other server or host came back up then everything would be fine right?
if so then approximately how long will it be?

R.J.

No no no, you see, we went back in time. This is the past version of RMXP.org. Time travel is literally possible.

zchin

Sponsor

I don't think the advice you gave me helped at all....
if we did go back in time how would you explain the dates on all the clocks that say Tuesday, June 9, 09?

R.J.

zchin131":34uaq0wo said:
I don't think the advice you gave me helped at all....
if we did go back in time how would you explain the dates on all the clocks that say Tuesday, June 9, 09?

That's probably a paradox, let me check my notes on pseudimensional spermatozoidan interspace time dilations...

MicKo

So... I lost my virginity last week. Do I have it back ? It would be nice, I kinda regret it...

Thanks shadow. I don't really understand anything about hosts, but since everyone thank you, I should, too!

zchin131":b5goez1y said:
okay i'm NOT in the type of kidding mood right now, I want a REAL answer.

What more could you possibly want or hope to get?

The data is all lost. There is no way to get it back.

It isn't just you who has lost out. There were hundreds of posts made the past week, including some really big things in the staff forum and some lengthy forum games. There is nothing that can be done and getting angry at the people who are trying to help is neither helpful nor going to achieve anything.

Commodore Whynot":1ui4uxli said:
zchin131":1ui4uxli said:
okay i'm NOT in the type of kidding mood right now, I want a REAL answer.

What more could you possibly want or hope to get?

The data is all lost. There is no way to get it back.

It isn't just you who has lost out. There were hundreds of posts made the past week, including some really big things in the staff forum and some lengthy forum games. There is nothing that can be done and getting angry at the people who are trying to help is neither helpful nor going to achieve anything.

Exactly, no need to get your panties in a bunch.
Your not the only person who lost something
nor did you lose the most amount of stuff
just be happy your whole post wasnt deleted!

I have a question though,
if you restore the server, will the posts we are making now be deleted too? :)

Oh, I read this, went to find the This week thread for this week, and then searched for about 10 minutes before realizing that everything from this week was gone...

Anyway, thanks for not letting the site die, shadow. I appreciate it.

Took me two hours to dig out my one and only Pheonix Down, and it looks like I'm too late. At least you didn't let those guys from Ultima: Exodus handle the resurrection. I'd hate to return to a pile of ashes. Although I do know a glitch to revive ashes.

In other news, does this mean we have to do challenge 4 again in the event contest? :(

Thanks shadow. I'm dedicating an item in my next game to you- you're more effective than even a Resurrection Phial.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.