Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[updates] The minor updates thread

Just to remind myself; I added a big red "join us" button because from feedback people don't know how to join. But on following it I was greeted with a tiny text registration page that is just a lengthy, wordy user agreement with a tiny button beneath it. Nobody's going to read that. I'll remake it later when I get back from twerk.

Thoughts on the screenshots gallery:

- Numbers are unsightly
- No link back to the game you came from
- Author text is a little small so it's not immediately obvious who took the pic
- Title too small

Will try and work something out.

Here's what an individual game's screenshot gallery looks like with content:

search.php?keywords=78108&terms=all&author=&fid[]=325&attr_id=0&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search&ss=1

Video embed codes seem to be properly broken. Though my guess is rather that we're at capacity with data, as there's just a blank where videos should be, and from what I've seen, some... still work.

A techie will have to look into it, I've only got what my own experimentation and regularity has afforded me. This has been an issue since about april?

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if my zeal for embedding videos put us over capacity. Until the issue is resolved, I'll resort to providing links.

Edit: Upon further investigation, it seems all video embeds have been destroyed, though the original posts can be edited and the embed code still found, all it does is show nothing.

In other words, for once something isn't my fault! xD

Ah I forgot about that. Whoever coded the original embed code years (a decade!) ago did so very insecurely so I disabled it a few years back unfortunately.

Amy":2qs6l2j6 said:
Ah I forgot about that. Whoever coded the original embed code years (a decade!) ago did so very insecurely so I disabled it a few years back unfortunately.
can you just regex check the url and stick it straight in? it shouldnt be too complex to validate it

I have edited the spoiler code slightly. The button now says "show" instead of "spoiler", and if you view it with JavaScript disabled it now tells you this.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.