Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[updates] The minor updates thread

I changed the who's online time from 120 minutes to 10 minutes, so don't worry, we didn't get a sudden drop in activity; it just wasn't useful to see who was online two hours ago!

Staff Changes 25th July 2011

Amy Pond is now an administrator due to doing adminly things for the site at the moment.
Tobacco Goldfish has stepped down on good terms.

Please note that we are not at the moment looking for staff, don't panic. (Since it's come up a lot esp. in IRC)

New bbcode for comments. Allows you to add helpful reminders, placeholders, or posting templates to threads without them displaying as part of the post itself.

Syntax:

Things within the comment don't get parsed at all.

Just something useful that we can use in posting templates and that people can use in project threads and such to point out things to them for later editing.

Homepage edits. Fixed the spacing between blocks and stopped large images breaking the boxes. Removed "top five posters" as it's really not needed.

Dead links

Have added some hard censors to posts.

xieke links now go to their new host (webgel.net). Many thanks to Tom Scheper for hosting it.

hbgames.tk links now go to .org but are mostly broken anyway. Apologies for that whole cafuffle, but it's over now.

Dice

The dice that appear in forum games under posts can now be accessed in posts themselves.

Put {DICE} in a post and it will be replaced by a random number between 1 and 6, fixed to that post. (i.e. {DICE})

I have removed three dead affiliates as their links went nowhere. If anybody does wish to affiliate please drop a link and we'll discuss it and come back to you.

The top search bar now allows you to choose between forums, resources, games or scripts, although it should be known that advanced search (by clicking "search" in the top menu) is always the best form of searching the site - and you can do additional options such as only looking at topic titles, first posts, etc.

I have generally cleaned up the forum page.

- enlarged font for forum names
- de-emphasised forum descriptions
- reduced sometimes paragraph length descriptions to one line only
- hid personal forums by default
- uncluttered the announcement box
- removed the word "subforums"

I am not sure how or why, but a lot of links got broken in old posts (pre 2009). I have hardcoded two fixes for this, but will try and find out what broke them in the first place. They should work now, and I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. (Surprised they haven't been noticed sooner).

Jason

Awesome Bro

To be honest, and maybe it's just me, but the homepage seems WAAAAAAAAAAAY too busy, today has been the first time I've seen it in weeks, lol.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.