Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

this week on rmxp.org (october 20th - november 17th)

Anonymous

boy, this sure was a long week! here's some threads.

*** PLAY OF THE WEEK *** wumpi started a nifty christmas game contest with a buttlot of prizes to be had by all! it's been running since th ebeginning of the month apparently and it ENDS ON DECEMBER 15th or so so hurry up and do some stuff!

*** PLAY OF THE WEEK *** theory started a nifty community project thing called "coin!" i don't actually know all that much about it but it seems like it could be snazzy if it takes off. check it out!

we hired some new staff and changed some rules, apparently! i spearheaded all of the changes then quit then came back in a limited capacity but most of my suggestions (i.e. FIRE EVERYBODY) were ignored so boo. in related news, sophist was banned from changing the newsfader at the top of the forums.

punk pointed out that you can't see spoilers in sigs in profiles! then after some intellectually stimulating discourse the thread was locked.

a town in turkey is suing christopher nolan over the success of the newest batman movie! those turks sure are whacky.

*** PLAY OF THE WEEK *** oblivionroxas123 tried to start a "show off you avatar" contest but failed! the thread was locked. poor oblivionroxas123 :(

ixis lives near dead people! this was pretty cool actually i sortof thought ixis was a brit but it turns out he lives in CHICAGO. dead people in a house is totally a european thing though so i was a bit confused.

banjoo-kazooie: nuts & bolts was finally released, and it turns out it's kindof gay! who saw this coming? i sure didn't!

keegzilla asks for anime recommendations! it turns out a lot of people on rmxp.org have really bad taste in things. who'd'a thunk?

*** PLAY OF THE WEEK *** moog started a WEEKLY MUSIC WORKSHOP thing and i came up with some themes and there was a pretty nice turnout! cruelty made a really tight beat that utilized cnn's election coverage really cleverly he is a clever little devil. also moog defended noise, which is cool.

some cool stuff about netplay+! if you are one of the many who have chosen to embark on the ultimately fruitless task of creating an online game in rpg maker, this breakthrough might be just the thing you're looking for! (i don't actually know anything about this i didn't really look at the thread, nor do i really care.)

venetia bitched at us to start doing these threads more often! too bad you can't see it! ha! ha ha! do ho ho.

ALSO TREG apparently got arrested idk why. he posted from his iphone and is apparently still in jail! he needs bail money someone help us out!! we're poor and can't afford it!!

I think you forgot the most important thing, ahem... I don't care if it was long ago. If it wasn't featured back then because there was no update on this ****, it has to be featured now.

Twirly

Sponsor

Next week, show your game has some significant process and maybe they will write about it on
the next "this week on rmxp.org"  :thumb:

stillzero":t795w7ye said:
I think you forgot the most important thing, ahem... I don't care if it was long ago. If it wasn't featured back then because there was no update on this ****, it has to be featured now.

........what?

Anonymous

stillzero":q0ekf29s said:

what?

mawk

Sponsor

We're in no way obligated to feature any given topic. For what goes into This Week we pick whatever seems interesting at the time, and if your topic doesn't get featured it's nothing personal -- it just didn't grab enough eyes while people were putting the post together.

But you're not helping your chances by acting like we have to feature your project.

Anonymous

dude trust me

whenever i do these topics nothing from the project forum that isn't connected in some way with gaydads will be picked.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.