Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The Train Appreciation Thread

Country vs country, post your best or worst.

Pendolino1.JPG

A+Pendolino+Class+390+on+the+WCML.jpg

We're stuck with these fixed axle railbuses for a while yet unfortunately. Designed as a temporary measure, ten years at most, it's looking like they'll live beyond 30. A few have been shifted off to Iran.

7466122442_8305347ea0_z.jpg

Does this count?

4111782116_a37d0231c5_b.jpg

It's one of the last operating narrow gauge steam engines in the world, and was bought years ago by a local amusement park, which has it running in circles around the place ferrying their customers.

Amy":2hcpqz4u said:
That is awesome Glitch.

See, I posted a picture of the one at Knott's Berry Farm because it's much harder to find a good picture of theirs. Disneyland (The one in Southern California) also has several narrow gauge engines that circle the park. The original two locomotives used by Disney were custom built, but they've since bought three more historical ones, the oldest one of which was built in the 1890's. In comparison, the train I pictured is over 130 years old, and Knott's also runs an old diesel locomotive that used to operate on a primary Santa Fe route for passenger and mail transit.

I still think one of my favorite aspects of Knott's Berry Farm is that Knott imported a bunch of buildings from actual ghost towns just so the ghost town there would be more authentic.

Phase 1 of me new railway station opens on Sunday, massive project, supposed to be one of the largest constructon projects in Europe and one of the most complex: involves demolishing a multistorey car park above a working station without disrupting everything and building a massive atrium over the station, as well as a high quality shopping centre, etc.

http://www.newstreetnewstart.co.uk/

squ-foa-bullring_rgb.jpg

hot-dog-train.jpg

The Sausage Train is an integral part of the legend surrounding St. Pauli and a reason that they are such a cult club. The Sausage Train, manufactured by a fan of St. Pauli, takes a round of the stadium carrying hot dogs for fans.

Tindy

Sponsor

I suppose, being an American in Japan, that I get to pick from the best of both?

First up, this bad boy: The Nozomi Bullet Train. Capable of going from Kyoto to Tokyo in under 3 hours.
japanese-shinkansen.jpg

Next, the train I ride just about every week, the JR Biwako Line passenger trains. Nothing special, but a delightfully smooth ride.
9da7a81c.jpg

Last, my hometown favorite, Norfolk Southern.
NorfolkSoutherncoal1111.jpg

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.