Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Staff and Policy changes

New Staff and Policies

First congratulations to Etheon, Alexander Morou, Surmuck, Dissonance, and Microwave Oven for becoming a part of RMXP.org's staff.  They have been great users for a long time and it is an honor having them put their time in to make this a better community.  Which brings us to the next order of business.  As you may have noticed the moderators have been reshuffled and only one moderator has more than two forums.  This is part of the .org's big step for a better community.  We are moving from a model that was simple custodial maintenance to that of community leadership.  Moderators have been given less domains so they can focus in their areas as not just janitors but also as leaders and models for all the other users. 

Now I want to be perfectly clear on what being a model means in this case.  This does not mean that the moderators are going to  be soulless automatons that recite rules in a congenial manner like the cops from Dragnet and otherwise be invisible from their forums!  In fact, they're modeling has nothing to do with taking punitive actions on members for the purposes of maintaining our posting standards.  Rather it is the kind of content the moderator provides for their board that we want you to mimic.  From now on the moderators will be a more active visual presence in their respective boards.  They will be giving criticism, posting articles, in other words, spurring productive activity and encouraging other users to do as they do.  If a new user wants to know how to behave in any given forum they should only have to see how that moderator behaves as a user of that board.

This approach has been very successful in transforming Early Projects into what is now called Concept Development.  Dedicated moderators did not just clean up posts and read the riot act.  They also took time to make model threads and deliver solid criticism that spurred thoughtful development and encouraged future use.  We hope that this new focus among other things will continue RMXP.org's growth and development into a better community.

In addition we are focusing on eliminating really bad spam ridden posting habits by being more vigilant and public about such issues.  The fact is that community work on the principle of, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."  And the fact is if the Romans are mostly backslapping eachother with short spammy "awesome dud3z" and bad jokes that lack in sense, maturity, or good humor ("LULZ TITS1!!"), then the average user will simply do as the other Romans do.  There will be no improvement in the quality of our content, and we will fail to attract decent and thoughtful contributers to our community.  So moderators have been instructed to be more responsive to poor spammy content and posting habits. 

Again congrats to the new mods and here's to a better community.

HTML:
<embed src=http://www.rmxpedia.org/01%20The%20Times%20They%20Are%20A-Changin'.mp3 loop="true" />

This was considerably less cute and cheerful than a proper "This Week" dealie :(

But hooray change.

BTW: Sophie's rhetoric about Rome is as follows (for the attention impaired): NFG stays in NFG. Can't access NFG? Donate :D

Here's hoping I don't completely alienate all the upcoming programmers out there.

I'm a bit out there, even to other programmers I know (programmers that have jobs programming say I'm confusing).  So I can use this as an effort to improve my communication skills.

Here's also hoping that more people start posting in the Game and Application Development board.  I ran into an unexpected flaw on the Programming Challenge that has seemingly nothing to do with my end.  Leave it to me to create code that can break the .NET Common Language Infrastructure's Assembly loading mechanisms.  Which, in short, means my code broke something that shouldn't break.

I also don't smile a lot in my posts; then again, people compare me to a Vulcan.

Wydrah

I'm glad to see this happen. I've lurked  since rmxp.org was created, and the last administration was incredibly unprofessional and negative. Which is fine for a personal, social forum, but rmxp.org exists for a specific purpose. I was sad to see the previous administration basically collapse and be replaced by...rubbish.

Protip: Sixty, Venetia, Sophie, and Shadow are still admins; Despain is still a mod, and Tel is... whatever Tel is.

This is, and has been, the best adminship the forum has ever had.

Another protip: Most of these aforementioned changes listed above were advised by Teloch, one of your so called rubbish admins.  I feel we owe them a lot of gratitude for holding down this fort, but this isn't a thread about the past and a few petty vendettas that might stem from it.  This is about the future direction of the site, and I would appreciate it if folks such as yourself recognize that and stay on subject.

Congratulations to all the new moderators. Sometimes change is necessary, and I think this will be a step in the right direction. I think this will be a good move for the community.

e

Sponsor

can't we get a cooler color? like BLACK, for the color of our soul, or RED, for the purity of our love, or WHITE, for our libertine envies, or BROWN, to keep us humble and remind us where we come from.

e

Sponsor

And make a new badge? I'm like a retarded E.T. when it comes to doing graphics - with longer fingers :(

Either way, now that I am NOT BACKSEAT MODERATING...back on topic.

Congrats to me.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.