Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Pixel Art WIPs/Small Things Thread

dcbd

Brainstorming.
Putting it one way: He's talking about making quick draft(s) of your ideas to help you pick a better final product efficiently.
I would argue that making pixel drafts on a smaller canvas can help just as well as photoshop, like i did with my suggestion.

Also, it hardly looks like a crystal, which is what i thought you wanted at first.

I did do a lot of drafts on paper. Does that count? lol

Compilation.png

It *is* supposed to be a crystal, but a magical one. I can't seem to achieve that effect. So I started to just do other types of things. I probably need someone to walk me through how to shade this shape to look like a crystal.

dcbd":29ch6u7g said:
I has having serious computer problems and had to get a new one.
This is the first thing i made on my new pc:

https://orig15.deviantart.net/3168/f/20 ... bkqdx0.png
Mock-up made with GB colors on a GBA resolution.

>View on DeviantArt<
>View on PixelJoint<
I was super cheeky and quickly made a GBA ROM that displays these images on real hardware:
http://imgur.com/a/yRLRL
Hope you don't mind.

mrr5izYm.jpg

Here's the ROM file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/14o0aprh2q85m ... e.gba?dl=0

It's not MSpaint per say. But if you use a real gradient and then set the color mode to Index colors using positioned dithering, You could get a smoother look with limited colors.
Aww, mediafire resized it.
ryhcm891mi9s6vs6g.jpg

dcbd

Concept NPCs:
-Elite captains of the army of Suyana-
npc_concept__r1490465381.png

>View on PJ to zoom in.<

Ima (Soldier) - Leader of the group.
Izhi (Assassin) - Hidden member of the group.
Antay (Ranger) - Ace sniper of the group. Very friendly despite his serious expression.
Ussun (Wizard) - A powerful caster. Feared among the people.

...also made a run animation for Ima:
31d7f8ee207b7c389c061b5b304a99c1.gif

Testing out isometric tiles.
vPLeak8.png

I'd be scrubbing up map geometry with this orange/grey place-holder tile-set and then draw over the top to produce hand-painted maps. There's some fooling about required when it comes to tile-priorities, the player will almost certainly be constrained to a single plane - if they can move behind it they cannot stand on top of it. This is a pretty horrible limitation to deal with, but I'm not prepared to create a true isometric tile-map for MV and I'm not going to re-write my movement Plugin for an isometric tile-map.

A positive effect of this limitation is that the player's understanding of the map geometry is greatly simplified.

That's actually really cool, tempted to get my pixel artist xiie to use something similar for Fantasia, the only real gripe i have would be the feet/shoes that look like they were burrowed from mickey mouse's closet.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.