Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Pixel Art WIPs/Small Things Thread

dcbd

I'm currently making pixel portraits for my OCs:
(These postraits were made for fun and are not currently planned to be used in anything.)
A young soul working under an organization who is allied with the king. Together, both parties are working to recover from a giant explosion that occurred two centuries ago, and almost wiped out the residents of the continent they inhabited.
9317e8ac5f88ed15decfb227729572aa.png
Her hair is 90% done. Left it as it is cause i'm a little busy atm.
1490dc0906f0d06d5376e902056cba5c.png

coyotecraft":2wrow9x1 said:
The T looks reads as R. HELLCAr
Such is the price of using the PHOBOS font.

Jason":2wrow9x1 said:
Hellcar or Hellcat, that is the question!
Maybe it can be both!? :0

I can see this crazy lady riding a Hellcar, that's for sure!
dL0XBKU.png

VROOOM!

Also here's a Yasondre.
ULDNHRc.png

Apologies that her hand looks so weird, I was rushed.

That does look really good.

My friend Amy got annoyed with my walk animation so she decided to do my work for me, what was left of it.
OOXN36r.gif

I also did a jump-down animation.
29dafe0433793ad9082aaeb163202b1a.png

Jason

Awesome Bro

... What does a soul look like? And does it have to maintain that exact shape? Also Is that three faces of the shape, or they just lines to make it look interesting?

dcbd

this is what i get when i look up 'soul' on google:
aae7a65020baa63ed1755e8b1f41a526.jpg

So this is my take on it based on that:
2c057cbfbeb115687776b23b6f0c6fd2.png

Don't have time to finish it, but hopefully it gives you an idea.

Jason":i8jhvhp2 said:
... What does a soul look like? And does it have to maintain that exact shape? Also Is that three faces of the shape, or they just lines to make it look interesting?
Star wants it tear drop shape. The three faces was just me splitting it up to shade lol.

dcbd":i8jhvhp2 said:
this is what i get when i look up 'soul' on google:
aae7a65020baa63ed1755e8b1f41a526.jpg

So this is my take on it based on that:
2c057cbfbeb115687776b23b6f0c6fd2.png

Don't have time to finish it, but hopefully it gives you an idea.
I like that it's same shape. It could be super helpful. I'll have to show Star, since he has a specific vision. XD

StrawberrySmiles":24tlbvbv said:
Using the "soul" image as inspiration, this is what I came up with:

GSLogo_Crystal_Take-2.png
I'd suggest using photoshop to spitball ideas before you start working on a pixel basis. It's much easier to plan things that way, etc.
From there you can either use photoshop for it all or just export it and use it as a template for your pixels

maRjG89.png

i dont have any nice fonts on this pc :(
also colors are direct from a default index color operation - youd actually adjust the colors as you do it etc.

ZenVirZan":2m4h85kg said:
I'd suggest using photoshop to spitball ideas before you start working on a pixel basis. It's much easier to plan things that way, etc.
From there you can either use photoshop for it all or just export it and use it as a template for your pixels
What does it mean to "spitball ideas" before working on a "pixel basis"?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.