Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest

Ok if u didnt pay attention he is dead(jack sparow) they have to travel to the island of the dead right? Barbosa went there after he died right? so yeah get it? He traveled to the ladys hosue from there thats how he knows those waters. soemthing like that.

Oh right. Yeah maybe. I need to watch it again. BTW Volrath anyone who reads this and hasn't seen the movie is very silly and thus deserves to have it spoilt for him/her because of his/her silliness. HAHA.

I'll be going to the mall tomorrow see this movie. Everyone has been telling me that it kicks ass. I'll be giving my opinion when I get home from seeing it.

Don't read if you have not seen the movie.
This is probably wrong.. but I have a ll' theory about this whole 'Is Jack dead!?'

Y'know how he does the 'honorable' thing.. Well, you never know if he is dead, after all, he basically ran into the Kraken with a sword, he'd probably stab it lilke 100 times on the way down to the belly or w/e. So he might've killed the Kraken, and lived. Either that, or the Kraken ate him or w/e. He could have died in many ways, but im pretty sure that Kraken is dead aswell. Someone tells me he isn't dead and will swim to the others :O

...If not, I wonder if the Black Pearl will be in the land of the dead? XD!

I watched it last night and was rather impressed. However there are a few things that are unclear (as been said before).

Some people say Jack Sparrow did the honourable thing by going down with the ship, but they forget that Elizabeth Swann pretty much brought Jack to his death by latching him to one of the Pearl's mast posts. Even when he was able to use that latern's oil to squeeze out of the shackle, it was too late. The Kraken had already surrounded the Black Pearl and there was no possible escape for him. This is probably why Ms. Swann felt guilty at the end when Tia Dalma was talking about the Land of the Dead (just before Captain Barbossa showed up).

But in all reality...and for those people who watched the first film...Jack Sparrow would of saved his skin if given the proper chance. I don't really think he had a sudden stroke of conscience and decided to play hero by charging at the Kraken with the sword. It was more of a desperation attempt.

Now as far as Captain Barbossa goes, he couldn't of showed up at a better time. Kind of makes you think that Tia Dalma already knew what was going to happen and she planned his appearance before hand. Or if that wasn't the case...wouldn't it seem a bit strange that he knew their location and when to show up? Captain Barbossa is dead yes. They are going to the Land of the Dead, yes. They need someone (a captain) that knows where it is, yes. Barbossa is the man for the job? I think so. But look for a twist somewhere in the next film because you know as well as I do, that pretty much all Barbossa cares about is gold and the Black Pearl. He is going to want something in return for his services.
Dead Man's Chest leaves you on the edge of your seat wanting to known more about the story. I have never encountered more of a cliff hanger than with this film (the release of the Lord of the Rings films came pretty close).

But for those of you that haven't seen the film yet and are a fan of Pirates of the Caribbean, I would highly suggest you watch this film. This is definitely a must see.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.