Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest

Nin10dork64 said:
But then again, Disney was a part of the movie, so they probably added a little fantasy into it. Ha, also seeing as it's just that much more violent and obscene than the first one, this would probably make Mr. Disney turn over in his grave.

At 55.5 Million on opening night, I'm sure he'd be turning over in his grave to applaud his studios.

Walt wasn't especially against violent or challenging stuff. Take a look at some of the really early Disney movies. Pinocchio has some really dark moments, and Bambi..well, we know what happens there. After Cinderella hit at the box office though, he realized that family-friendly fairy tales were where the money was.

Nin

I always thought Pinnocchio and Bambi were family friendly. :P

They may not have actually shown any gore or chopping of heads, but they had definately implied it (i dunno if "implied" is the right word, but you get the idea). There were a few sexual scenes that really wouldn't be down Disney's lane as well...

Well yeah, I don't mean to imply that they were gory or anything. With the Hays Code in place, they wouldn't have gotten away with that. But those early films were way darker than family films today. And Fantasia even originally had topless centaurs, but they were covered up later.

Walt was a marketing pioneer, and he wouldnt mind this film at all. He definetly wouldnt stick to family freindly in an atmosphere when even 5 year olds seem to think they're ready for rated R movies.
He'd probably be super pissed that his traditional animation studio is basically MIA, and Kingdom Hearts would probably piss him off a little too(JAPANESE??). But not this.

Figured there'd be a topic about this... I haven't seen it yet as unfortunately I was away on Saturday and am going to Birmingham shortly but I hope to see it there. Hence I don't wish for it to be spoiled so I'm not reading any of this topic...
(By the way, I have the first one on DVD. Great film and stuff)

I heard that Keith Richards is to play Jack's father in the 3rd movie. If this is true then that will be effing hilarious.

They should have Captain Morgan in the 3rd installment, he could work for East India and try and wipe out the pirates. Also he should have superpowers.

You can check on Wikipedia for the new villain. He's some asian dude with supernatural asian lackies. It's rumored that he could be linked to the East India Trading Company.

Asian pirates were nowhere near the caribean wtf >:-(
Up until now they were historically acurate but now they gotta screw it up by throwing in a bunch of asians!

Well... They are going to the "End of the World"....

In my mind that translates to "Here be Dragons"... and were better to find Dragons than across the Pacific Ocean?

Lmao, they could make an attempt at settling the dispute. However, I don't think they'd do it justice as they'd of course probably let the pirates win.... Pirates winning that fight would be effing bull.

I saw it today! Splendid!

Now did anyone ask this yet ... how is Captain Barbosa still alive?
EDIT: Stupid question I realise...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.