Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Not Another RPG! (Chapter 3 now released!)

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Hey,

thanks for the comment. I too miss the old-style RPG element of most objects being interactwith-able. Because of your suggestion I'm reinforcing that in Chapter 2 and in Chapter 3, which I am working on now.

I left out some of the interactivity in the new towns in Chapter 2. So what I am doing now is putting up a new link to the game. This features a little more interaction with objects on the maps in the town, including a few goodies that were not present before.

I really appreciate feedback, and when I get it I try to incorporate it into the game, so please if you have praises or dislikes, let me know and I may change the game for the better from your suggestions!

Just a note, I'm currently uploading it to mega upload, I will post another message once the new link is up.

Also, in this upgrade there is a message when you complete chapter 2, in the original version I goofed and didn't do the event correctly. If you are supposed to be able to go to the mainland right now, then you are at the end of chapter two.

Hey, yeah that is supposed to happen with the sprites. Possibly if I get an artist on the project someday I will get custom battlers but until then I'm just using the front shot of the sprites.

As far as where you are....

Those doors will open later, you should explore further in the cave for now, there's another switch that will open the doors.

mawk

Sponsor

I'm pretty interested in the text you've got going in the battle windows. You know, the very Dragon Quest-ish descriptions of attacks. I'm trying to make my game taste a little like Earthbound, and something like that'd help a bunch. Could you please point me in the direction of that script, if you're willing to share?

EDIT: Hm, never mind, I think I've found it. Sorry about the clutter!

Hey, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, been hard at work on Chapter 3. Did you get the script you need? If not I can get it to you. It's a pretty nice one and it's simple to use.

mawk

Sponsor

If it's not too much trouble, could you please PM me the link? I'm not quite sure that this one's the right script, and it's got issues anyway. Thanks for your help; I keep getting blown away by how purely awesome you guys are. : D

To be 100% honest with you I didn't make them, but I'm not sure where I got them from, either. Let me take a look around and if I find it I'll PM you a link.

I'm trying to go through the forrest to rescue the princess (at the beginning of the game) and I keep dying. My players are all at level 8. How high do I have to go?

Edit: Nevermind. I was going to the wrong part of the forest. Guess I won't be fighting the ghost with a sword (hilarious name) for a while yet.

Edit #2: How/when do I use the Phoenix Down? I tried in battle and out and I can't get it to work.

ha. I did some database work, won't go into huge details. Long story short, I set it for allies with hp instead of allies with hp 0. That is now fixed. Hmm.. luckily that's the only reviving spell/item that I did that to.

And yeah, the area you were in was very hard, you should have had some warning dialogue, though.

Sorry about the phoenix down goof!

New link is up with that bug fixed. Thanks for letting me know about it.

No, the woods do have an area with higher difficulty enemies and occassionally that guy with a sword appears in other areas, he is just a random enemy so you can run.

hey sorry it took so long to reply to you. There should be a font in the file called 'Monotype Corsiva' You'll want to install that as a font so you can see it. I'm not sure what OS you have, but for me if you go to Control Panel-Appearances and Themes-Fonts. You can just drag and drop the font into there and it will auto-install.

Whoops, I read this post a while ago and forgot to reply to it. Can you be more specific about the where the music loops? I'm only using the normal rmxp program with a few scripts.. so if you tell me more info I can let you know?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.