Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Not Another RPG! (Chapter 3 now released!)

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Chapter 3 is now up and running and contains about 3-4 hours of playtime. Chapter 4 will probably be a while coming out, as the next chapter is three plots rolled into one.

I found a bug in the goblin cave. You can switch party even during cutscenes. I accidentally pressed A when I blew up the rocks. Once I discovered that, I couldn't resist doing the same during other cutscenes. This let me fight the boss with the party that was far away. Also, pressing A during the cutscene after the boss resulted in following:
Partyswitchbug.jpg

Other than that, tone down the random encounter rate a bit. It's fairly easy to get stuck in the goblin cave and running into a load of random encounters when you're trying to figure out how to proceed isn't fun.

The game is mostly fun though, with a few tedious moments.

You know the cave where you have two parties (yours and Jack's)? I can't get through this part, and apparently I have to deactivate something but I can't figure it out. I've searched every part of the cave I can think of.

If you got stuck where I got stuck for a while, there's a chest you need to grab. The game gives you no clue whatsoever that the chest is important and you'd think it's just a potion or something, but getting that chest is actually mandatory. In one of the rooms with pitfalls you have to fall down through a certain one to get to the chest. I think it's the southwestern most pitfall.

Ah thanks a lot crystalgate. I didn't even know about that bug, I have gone through and I believe that bug is fixed but I need to playtest it to make absolutely sure before I put up another version of the game. I was going back and forth as to whether or not I should reduce the encounter rate in puzzle intensive dungeons and it looks like you guys would rather have less encounters there, so I have toned it down a bit.

Anymore feedback would be great, and I sent Moose a PM to see if I can't help him with his stuckness.

UPDATE: Okay I have playtested through the dungeon and have fixed all issues of this bug. There is one spot where that particular bug is unavoidable, but it is mostly awkward and in no way game stopping. Furthermore I've tweaked a few other things, and added a very small addition to the cave that will only be accessible during/after Chapter 3.

Hi, Silencher!
I found a bug in Bubba's house. When he started talking, after a while the screen freezes, nobody can talk or move, ecxept the bat!
Has anyone else found it?

thanks, aggeliki

sorry, english is not my mother language!

Okay, I'm stuck in the tower (trying to get to the historian). I'm at this point:

The room with 2 sets of moveable boulders. The note by the sealed door says "If you want to get somewhere, just point yourself in the right direction." I'm assuming you have to move the boulders a certain way, but I've tried many times and can't get anything to happen.

hi Silencher!
i got stuck before the tower, in the middle of the conversation, when curia said: oh Bubba how awfull!
then nobody moves or talks (only the bat's wings)

thanks for your response!
aggeliki

Wow. I think if I ever finish the tower, I'm going to go buy a bottle of champagne to celebrate. There's no hints or walkthroughs anywhere, are there? I finally figure out one thing and then something else pops up.

Nevermind. I figured it out. Wow, what great puzzles! Up and down and up and down! Haha Let's bust out the bubbly!

@aggeliki.papamihail-Okay thanks for that. I looked into it and there are a couple instances where I found I didn't insert 'wait til move's completion' Generally these places cause me bugs now and then, so I've fixed them and I'm in the process of uploading this version, but I'm going to have to head to class before it finishes uploading, so that is not yet updated. In the meantime, you might try re-doing the cutscene and just don't attempt to move around or anything during the cutscene, and allow all of the text boxes to fully finish and that might allow you to get through the scene. Otherwise, I'll post a note when the newest version is up and hopefully that should solve this issue.

@ilsepants-Well, good job, I'm glad you made it to the top. Actually, I hadn't really thought a walkthrough would be needed yet but yeah, if anyone would like to make a walkthrough to go along with NotAnotherRPG! then just let me know. If not, I will try to get around to it, working on Ch4 now though, which is probably going to be the largest chapter yet, so it may be a bit.

UPDATE: The newest version is now up and running. Goo dluck aggeliki, I hope there are no more issues.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.