Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

New Teachers Wanted for Academies (UPDATED 5/5)

Give mapping a shot.  The more applicants the merrier.  A good teacher is a good teacher not a mere expert of the field.  If you're proficient and know your stuff you have just as good a shot as anyone else. 

Yes.  We will be sure to post in this topic that the positions are filled when they are in fact filled.  For now both positions are open and we are taking applications.

OK, I just read over the first post. And well it looks like your looking for a more, older and more qualified member.

Tenatively we're likely to stop applications in a week or so.  If more are needed we'll wait.  We definitely need more mapping applicants.  Pm me your application when its ready.

Acera

Sponsor

I tried to send you my application Sophist, but your inbox seems to be full. Send me a PM when I can send it to you (or an alternative place to send it)

~Acera

Try sending it now.  I just purged a lot of messages.  I guess the admins and mods can send you stuff regardless of your message count.

candle

Sponsor

They are not looking for a mapper, they're looking for a mapping teacher.  I would apply except it seems like too much work for me.

New Teachers Wanted for the Academies

We are now looking to fill 2 positions in the Graphics department.
Please see the guidelines in the first post to apply.

Graphics Department Position
(submit to Brewmeister via pm)
  • At least 2 completed game graphics, one 'pixel' type (character set, icon, tileset tiles), and one 'artistic' (Battler, title screen, game over screen, concept art.) Those are just my terms, there are probably better ones, but essentially distinguished by smaller 'pixel by pixel' drawing, versus larger 'painting' type graphics.

• 1 critique of another artists graphic. This should be constructive, and include the original requirements or a link to them if referenced.

Candidates will be notified by the Academy directors (Brewmeister and Sophist) in regards to the filling of the position.

Nolund

Sponsor

Huzah! Graphics is something I can actually do. I might consider applying for this if I find anything good from me that's pixel art.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.