Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

New Teachers Wanted for Academies (UPDATED 5/5)

Mr_Smith":2m5s12i7 said:
Do you guys also make an event academy?
If yes, I want to manage it. PM me if you need me...
No, but the Game Academy encompasses events too, just not them specifically. Also, it doesn't work that way. You PM the Academy Directors, not the other way around.

Mr. Smith, the new eventing staff has already been hired.  If more positions in that department are desired or become open we will be sure to announce it like we have for these two openings. 

Venetia, the academy restructuring has done away with the GA as it has been commonly known.  The role it filled will be split up between the writing, mapping, and eventing departments respectively.  Also the school wide game making projects we intend to implement as an assessment will also fill that void in ways better than before.  At least we hope so.   

As Venetia said we're not chasing people down.  If you're interested pm us with the correct details, and remember to PM the right director for the right position.

Mapping -> Sophist. 
Scripting -> Brewmeister. 

Feel free to ask any questions on this thread about the positions and the application process.  We'll be sure to answer them.  Be sure to pm your applications though.  Don't post them here.  Thanks.

Also if you have written any tutorials here or anywhere else please link to them inside your resume so that we can see them.  The one in Brewmeister's example was linked but that didn't get translated over in the C/P.

OS

Sponsor

If the scripting position is still open after I complete VRE, I'll apply no doubt. How do you think it would affect my chances? j/k

VRE is a big project.  Unless you think you'll be done with it within the next few weeks (call me a doubting Dennis but I don't see a final version coming in that time frame) I'd just apply now if you're really interested.  Obviously your project kind of requires a full understanding of Ruby and RGSS.  You can at least put it in the resume as experience. 

No the general feeling is it would be redundant with other departments.  Each department in its own right is a part of the game design process, so to simulate that there will be academy wide game projects that the students are working on in addition to the regular coursework.  These projects on the whole will be student centered though in the beginning the teacher's will be filling the leadership roles on it until a suitable core of students are capable to fill that role.  In which case the teachers will merely drop sagely advice and assess the project. 

OS

Sponsor

Hmmm...okay. I'll apply if I can complete at least a Scene Generator by tomorrow night. And I'll get started...now. Peace!

I'm sure Brew will look forward to your application.  Good luck on the Scene Generator and like many I look forward to the end product whenever you get there.

OS

Sponsor

Thanks. The BaseGenerator class is almost done, actually. I'll implement a small form to use with it and throw it in my application. Peace.

OS

Sponsor

Alright, I've got my Application made, I think. I just need a script to critique. Anyone have any ideas, cuz I really don't know which script to critique; should I do one of my old pieces of ****, or should I critique something that Trickster or Seph built? Should I grab a random script from submitted? I don't know what to do!

Well, that's the last of my energy. G'night!

My apologies, but clarification is needed, honored TREG.

This is for the mapping and scripting academies only? Just making sure.

Venetia":2bhk3t3s said:
Mr_Smith":2bhk3t3s said:
Do you guys also make an event academy?
If yes, I want to manage it. PM me if you need me...
No, but the Game Academy encompasses events too, just not them specifically. Also, it doesn't work that way. You PM the Academy Directors, not the other way around.

... Why I asked if there is coming an Event Academy?

Optimist, one of your scripts will be fine.  You should find something you can suggest improvements on and point out errors or bugs as well as some positive feedback.  It's kind of a demonstration of how you would instruct a student.

Gratheo, yes mapping and scripting only.

Mr. Smith your answer is in the post right after Venetia's.

OS

Sponsor

Hey, everyone. I applied.

Do I have any competition? :)

I'm really looking forward to finding out if I made it. Even if I don't, I will know I tried. See ya later!

OS, if you get bored, go critique this one...  http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=43118.0
and suggest a strategy for the "Discount" part.
It's optional, you have already provided plenty of info.

Soph, do we have a deadline? I don't want to leave people hanging too long. But I also want to make sure we have enough time to review all applicant thoroughly, and make the best choice.

BE Well

OS

Sponsor

This was fun. Nothing like a somewhat complicated problem to get one back into the spirit of RGSS!

I'm almost done, Brewmeister. I am just writing an edit to one of the classes, and I will share it with you soon.

Peace!

Folks these positions are still unfilled if you've been considering sending in an application, please do.  We like a tough choice.  Remember to include all required information in your pm (resume and portfolio).  We will not accept applications that are severely lacking in any of the required fields.

Shucks, if there was a 'Story Writing' or 'Using Adobe Photoshop for spriting' tutor required, I'd be all over it. Sadly, neither my scripting or mapping are 'top-class'. I can barely write a scene/class in ruby for the former, and for the latter, everyones idea of a good mapper seems to be 'high clutter = high quality' which I don't really agree with.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.