Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

NEW STAFF! O_O (and forum change) MORE CHANGES D:

Anonymous

yeah congrats guys

my way of saying "thanks for being such a good team over the years". special thanks to bill and sarah in accounting for the cake! it may have had a finger in it, but it was the thought that counts.

In all seriousness the 'everyone is an admin' thing is a result of a some-what joke for shepherd's birthday.

However my new pink administrator userbar and Prexus member group are a late addition to this round of 'New Staff'. Leave it to Teloch not to properly announce me.

I'm going to be incharge of all the secret subforums that regular members can't see as well as be support over all the forums I was already support over and I am also in charge of making everyone feel sexually uncomfortable.

Nolund

Sponsor

So this topic went awkwardly off topic in a hurry ;)

Congrats to all chosen. Can't say anything negative because I don't know any of you. But I will...I will...

Beware.

:p

Silly suggestion,

Would it be a good idea to mention what section the support staff are supporting in your staff listing, since they're not technically moderators?  It might help those, looking for assistance, know who to turn to.

To the new staff: congratulations on your appointment.

Alexander Morou":1bszr2i6 said:
Silly suggestion,

Would it be a good idea to mention what section the support staff are supporting in your staff listing, since they're not technically moderators?  It might help those, looking for assistance, know who to turn to.

Technically, members shouldn't contact Support for any problems, and we don't want them to, since Support people usually don't have powers enough to help. They should contact moderators first.

I suppose it's not a bad idea to add their forum(s), however that would probably lend members to believe that they should be contacting them for help first, when they really shouldn't. Thanks though :)

Alexander Morou":2awyxae6 said:
Silly suggestion,

To clear up any confusion on what the rule of support is, I'm going to paste a post I made in the staff forum.

Purpose of Support: Support members are recognized for their contribution to the forum, and as such are given many moderator permissions without being full staff members. To put it simply, a member with a support badge is a regular member with the ability to clean up in the course of xyr regular browsing. Support members are not considered RMXP.org staff.

Boards:
Just like moderators can technically mod everywhere on the forum but are only responsible for their own sections, support members have permissions in all of the following forums:
  Project Discussion (and subforums)
  RM General Support
  RGSS/RGSS2 Support
  Resource Analysis (and requests)
  RGSS Scripts (and requests)

Permissions:
Support members have the following permissions in the above boards:
  Locking topics
  Deleting topics/posts
  Moving topics/posts
  Merging or splitting topics/posts

Support members can not (or should not) do the following:
  Sticky topics
  Edit individual posts
  See or respond to reports
  Warn members
  Ban/edit user profiles

I hope that clears some things up about the support group.

Some of the technical information at the bottom may have changed since then, but it should be an ok guideline.

I see that does quite help illustrate their functional goal.  I was under the impression that they would be able to help with other things, such as sharksweetheart.  I thought her being mentioned under Art & Graphics meant she could be contacted related to help in art and graphics, not specifically related to moderative duties.  From your description it's as if they're shadow mini-moderators.  Helpers that go unnoticed, or volunteers whose contributions are noted.

Venetia":20zll4sz said:
Alexander Morou":20zll4sz said:
Silly suggestion,

Technically, members shouldn't contact Support for any problems, and we don't want them to, since Support people usually don't have powers enough to help. They should contact moderators first.

I suppose it's not a bad idea to add their forum(s), however that would probably lend members to believe that they should be contacting them for help first, when they really shouldn't. Thanks though :)

Errata: (If I may elaborate)

Venetia is referring to issues that should reported to mods or staff. The other reason for knowing who support is would be to contact them directly for support questions. We don't want that to happen either. The only time it's ok to PM support for help is if they initiate a PM conversation, or ask you to.

That being said, I think the "Support" button under their avatar is sufficient to identify them as support.

I have no problem with them being listed in the staff listing, as long as it doesn't get abused.

Be Well

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.