Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

New Moderators! :O

Do people even read introductions to news posts? I know why you're reading this topic, so let's cut to the chase, shall we?

First off, Arbiter and Etheon have been given support member status in recognition for their helpfulness around the forums. Congrats, guys, enjoy your shiny pink (it's salmon!) names.

Two other support members are going to be dropping the pink (salmon >:|) in favor of moderator blue.
    Luminier will be helping out in Project Discussion and its subforums as well as RM Discussion.
    khmp will have moderation power in RGSS/RGSS2 Support and Submitted RGSS/RGSS2 Scripts.

The next is a guy who is jumping right into the moderation scene. Hopefully he'll be up to the grueling task.
    Miek will be in charge of the General Discussion and the Video Games forums.

Next up we have two guys whp have technically been staff for a while. They've been the directors of the Academy, but this is their first time with power in the main forums.
    Brewmeister will be helping out in RMXP/RMVX General Support.
    Sophist will be helping out in the Symposium and Other Entertainment.

Lastly we have someone you might not be too familiar with... more on that after I introduce him.
    Jeff will be acting as a moderator for the Project Discussion subforums.

Wait, what? Who is this Jeff character?

Jeff is a guy who we've hired to manage our finances, namely the RMXP Paypal and sponsor donations. I got an email the other day from a guy in Nigeria who was having money problems. Fortunately, he said that he had worked at a bank for years and he'd be able to help me out with anything I needed in return for some access to money (ie. the poor guy needed a job). We're paying him $20 a month and giving him total access to our paypal to handle donations and the like.

Not really. He's a real cool guy and we trust him a lot.  Jeff has been a moderator on Gaming World's forums for four years. Don't think that we normally give moderator status to members with so little posts. We're bringing him in as a "special guest referee" of sorts, and it's really cool that he's offering his time to help us out (or perhaps he's just trying to extend his reach and become an internet overlord).

For a long time now, we've been wanting to restructure the subforums of the Project Discussion forum. To put it plainly, we haven't seen the kind of constructive feedback and posting that we'd like to. This isn't to say that there hasn't been any constructive posting at all (there is!), but we'd like to see a lot more of it. For example, I've seen a lot of project threads where the creator doesn't want to reveal too much about his game because he's worried about "spoilers". That sort of thing discourages real feedback. We're a forum for game-creators, not just game-players. We're going to be making some changes to reflect that, and Jeff is an added moderator to help the rest of the staff smooth that transition.

We'll have more details about that in the future! So get on with your predictable "congratulations" and "i called it" posts.  :thumb:

khmp

Sponsor

:down: I'm standing right next to you when you said that...

But I did totally forget to say gratz to everyone. So gratz and cake for everyone!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.