Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Need Charsets for main characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I have been messing around with RPG Maker XP for a while now and decided to finally start a small game :)

I need someone to make me the main character:
    * Template/Sprite Style RTP
    * Skin Color/Race: White Caucasian
    * Hair Color: Yellow Blond
    * Hair Cut: Shoulder length
    * Clothing Style: school uniform
    * Clothing Colors: blue, yellow
    * Reference Picture(s): none
Additional info: She is 16 years old and a Healer...

* Facial Features: attractive
    * Attitude: calm, nice, modest
    * Skin Color/Race: Caucasian
    * Hair Color: blond
    * Hair Cut: shoulder length
    * Time Period of Game/Sprite: Future [2300]
    * Style of Game: RTP
    * Art Style: anime
    * Reference Picture(s): none :(
thank you for your help! If I get anything done, I'll make sure you guys get to play it first :P
you guys also get big credit in my game!

coyotecraft":2hm1bfhl said:
While you figure things out, what do you think about the school girl? You haven't said anything about it yet.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/coyotecraft/Schoolgirl.png[/img]
sorry, about that...
well, I think that the bow looks really nice... can you also make the shirt more... "vibrant" coloured?

As to copyright law, as far as I've understood it, if Enterbrain made it, the license is needed. If Enterbrain didn't make it, then a license isn't needed. Not sure where exactly frankenspriting falls, though. If it's completely original, however, no need to credit Enterbrain.

I mentioned earlier how copyright matters shouldn't be discussed here--there's a place for that.
http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=26091.0

- Venetia

I used parts from the character generator and neatened and changed a few thing. etc, the eyes, and parts of her neck and clothing in paint.

Does it still makes it legitable? (I'm new here, i'm not sure of the rulings.)

Luminier":eh8sxnz9 said:
Don't you think that's asking a bit much? Not everyone can create sprites from scratch. Why are you worried about it not being entirely original?
It doesn't necessarily have to be 100%. what I'm trying to say is that I want something that looks original so that when people sees it they won't say: "Oh, that's a sprite from RMXP!"
like if you take a head from fighter03 and use the body of fighter04 for example, I don't want people be able to recognize the certain individual body parts...

Well, I doubt that people will notice if the they are frankensprited, and recolored well. Besides, who's gonna say "OMG tahts teh hair form cleric-01 adn teh handz from monster-05!11!1!".

Look at the phenomenally popular RMXP game 'Master of the Wind'. Almost every original sprite there is either frankensprited, recolored, or some combination of the two.

Nobody's really gonna be too hung up on the sprites, anyway. It is just RTP styl, after all.

Noooo... I mean Lamchop's 'Aveyond' game has mad lots of money, and there were plenty of RTP edits in there. Frankensprites, and recolors are just the RTP rearranged/colored differently/with something extra/minus something.

I can say with the utmost confidence that you wouldn't get sued.

Yeah, there is a guide on here explain the legallties. I'm not too experienced with start from scratch sprites, I can make a RTP make one that isn't too obvious, if you let me try. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.