Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Need Charsets for main characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I have been messing around with RPG Maker XP for a while now and decided to finally start a small game :)

I need someone to make me the main character:
    * Template/Sprite Style RTP
    * Skin Color/Race: White Caucasian
    * Hair Color: Yellow Blond
    * Hair Cut: Shoulder length
    * Clothing Style: school uniform
    * Clothing Colors: blue, yellow
    * Reference Picture(s): none
Additional info: She is 16 years old and a Healer...

* Facial Features: attractive
    * Attitude: calm, nice, modest
    * Skin Color/Race: Caucasian
    * Hair Color: blond
    * Hair Cut: shoulder length
    * Time Period of Game/Sprite: Future [2300]
    * Style of Game: RTP
    * Art Style: anime
    * Reference Picture(s): none :(
thank you for your help! If I get anything done, I'll make sure you guys get to play it first :P
you guys also get big credit in my game!

I'm still working on the school girl, but I wanted to hear what you have to say about the hair. Its a combination of fighter07&08.
I used one of the noble's heads.
uh... wouldn't that contradict with this?
(completely original, no Frakenspriting or recolors involved)

I'm confused about the frankenspriting business...  ???

I know you can use the RTP in commercial games, I think using Edits of the RTP are ok too.

If you are going to use sprites outside of the RTP, you'll need the creators permission to use it and credit them for it.
Most resource sites have terms of usage that say something along the lines of: You can use my resources as long as you credit me and don't make money with it. Do not redistribute to different sites... blah blah blah 

Edit: This explains that you CAN use frankensprites in commercial games as long as you own the legal version of RMXP.
http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=21396.0

Graphics that don't already come with rpg maker XP OR made by using those graphics like the frankinsprites I make.

So "outside the rtp" means stuff made by other people that didn't come from the rtp.

Agh! Does that sound right? Maybe someone else should explain this...

So "outside the rtp" means stuff made by other people that didn't come from the rtp.
but don't the people who made the sprites (if original) own it?

So if someone made a charset that is in the RTP style but was original made, and someone asks to use it in a commercial game, would the person need to buy the license even though the sprite was custom made ?

*calls Venetia for clarification* :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.