Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Copypasta

moxie

Sponsor

(actually this is what most of them are like)

It's not easy being a man of integrity. Like some sort of superhero, you have to be prepared to do battle with injustice wherever you see it. This particular adventure begins with the unlikely scenario of me embarking on an acting class - for no other reason than I enjoyed it at school and felt it might be a skill worth exploring as games and movies grow closer together. Hey, if you know you're capable of anything, why not? However, I had forgotten what it's like to sit before an insecure teacher and their flock of servile sheep. This one had the knives out for me from the start - beginning, rather predictably, with a stab at my name. She found the name "Dickie" objectionable and implied that I might like to change it for the sake of my career. "Not a chance", I retorted, pointing out that it was unique and memorable (a journalist I haven't had contact with in over 5 years instantly remembered who I was for that very reason). Besides, I wear it as a battle scar that states you can give me the most ridiculous name possible and I'll still make people respect it.

She should have been paying ME for this wisdom!

Realizing that my mind wasn't up for grabs, she then moved onto the physical and demanded to know why I was sitting in a "confrontational manner". This, I discovered, meant having good posture and holding your head high. I cautioned her that it was a side effect of being fit and confident, and refused to apologize for it. "Why is physical strength important to you?", she pressed, "Were you bullied at school?". "No, I bully bullies", I offered, "That's why I'm standing up to you".

We could have made a movie right there with such classic lines! She wasn't impressed though, and pointed out that of all the people in the class I was the only one that had a problem with her. Trying to make MDickie feel bad about being "the odd one out"? The poor bitch didn't know that I could write a book on why that's a GOOD thing! I submitted that I was the only one with the courage and honesty to say what I was really thinking, and again refused to apologize for it. On the contrary, I took it as an enormous compliment. Any fool can sit there nodding their head and smiling politely if it gets them through the next 10 minutes without incident.

Clutching at straws, the poor woman then claimed that "I need her more than she needs me". Again, I had to disagree and asserted that I don't need anyone for anything. She misunderstood my words spectacularly, as weak opponents often do, and dismissed me as a soulless robot who doesn't HAVE anyone or anything. I countered that divorcing yourself from "need" is actually the height of humanity and elevates you to a place of CHOICE - where you can in fact "have" anything you want. Since psychoanalysis was the order of the day, I then submitted that her thoughts turned to a "robot" because she wished I was one - and was rather annoyed that I had too much character to be controlled by her! And with that I stormed out of her pitiful class, which hadn't touched upon "acting" in its entire 3-hour length.

It seems that skill, like every other, is one that I'll have to master on my own - free from the clutches of embittered has-beens who don't know what they're talking about...

Narrative

Universal
Applied Phlebotinum
Characterization
Characters
Characters As Device
Dialogue
Motifs
Narrative Devices
Paratext
Plots
Settings
Spectacle

Genre

Action Adventure
Comedy
Commercials
Crime And Punishment
Drama
Horror
Love
News
Professional Wrestling
Speculative Fiction
Sports Story
War

Media

Animation (Western)
Anime
Comic Book
Fan Fics
Film
Game
Literature
Music And Sound Effects
New Media
Print Media
Radio
Sequential Art
Tabletop Games
Television
Theater
Videogame
Webcomics

Topical Tropes

Betrayal
Censorship
Combat
Death
Family
Fate And Prophecy
Food
Holiday
Memory
Money
Morality
Politics
Religion
School

Other Categories

British Telly
The Contributors
Creator Speak
Creators
Derivative Works
Did Not Do The Research
Language
Laws And Formulas
Show Business
Split Personality
Stock Room
Trope
Truth And Lies
Truth In Television
Weirdness Isolation new edits forum reviews crowners random
view source log in page history edit page discuss related to...

Custom Search

0 reviews Moments:
make a to do send a pm add to watchlist drop watch go to watchlist your profile
Just Another Fool

̬̲̝̥̦̖̱ͫͩͨͪ̎̀͞U̩̲̖̩͗̂ͦͮͫ̀Ṙ̵̘̹̯͙̲̬̭͔͛͗P̴̮̯̹͔̪̾͝͞ ̩̳̺ͤ̌ͦ͜Ḏ̲̅̎Ü̉ͦ҉̛͍̳̞̲̖̭Ř̶̪̲̲ͥP̛̞̤͚̼̠͉̐̿͑̂ ̷ͥͯ̓͏̣̱̤̺̟̦̥̼̯͝H͔͎͖̺͉͙̼̫̎̇ͨ͑͒͗ͥ͂͟͠Ű̧͖̗̗̰̬͉̭̈́ͪͤ͐̚R̷̘̰̠͐͗̓́P̧̬̼̮̣̻̩̲̤̌ͥ̈́ͬ ̞̫ͧ̆D̴̼͔͇ͭ̒ͦͮ̏̿U̵͈͔͍̟̬ͮ̒̄R̞ͥ͊ͦ͢P͇̞̩̗ͤ̏̅ͪ̅̋ͭ̓ ̴̨̺͇̦̟̺̹̭̒̎͝H̡͍̻͉̱̘̦ͮ̓̓̚Ư̫͎̯͍̮̳̦̈́ͪR̖͇͎͕̜̰̜͛͆P̺̯̒͆ͦͯͅ ̴͇̯͇͓̈́̏̍̊ͦ̋͘D̊̎̽ͦ̏҉͉̖̕Ư̙̪͕̤͌̅̿͗̀R̠͓̤͔̣̠̪ͪ͗̓ͯ̋́͟ͅP̟͕͔̅ͫ̒̍̃͒̍ ͪ͒ͭ̄͠͠͏̞̦̦̟H̵͙̜͙͉̠̚U̯̪̰͍͚̥͖͔̓ͨ͋̏̀̍ͤ́ͅṘ̫͕̰̟̗̱̊ͩͤͨ̍ͪ̈́͞ͅP̙̹̮̻̥̂͌́̅́̓ͣ͘ ͙̯̯̹̜ͯ̊̅͊̾D̳̺̪̱̱͚ͥͯ̅͡U̫͚͚̦ͭͪͣ̌̿̌͜͜͝R̶͙͖͉͇̹̰̈́ͯ̃ͭ͊́͡P̯̺̭͉̟͉̦̗͛̑̂̂ͨ̓͟ ̴̞̹̱̭̰̄ͫ̋͡H̷̨̼̪̞̳̻̰̦̰̒̽͒̑̀̂͂̎͞U̶̲̖̹̝͓ͮ̅̑̀̆ͮ̚͠R̰̹̪̩̘̝͎̫͇͆ͦ͐ͦ̅ͬ̈́P̮͇̠͔͍̦̺͓ͪ̌ͩ̔͐ ̭͈͇͖̓̾̓̋ͧ̓̃ͦ̚͜D̰̣̰̗̾͂̕͝U̧͇̮̳̺͎͌R̸͎̘̼̠̞̜̰ͫͬ̎̇P̴͈̞͙̥͙̓ ̶̸̤̩͕ͤ͂̾͊̐́ͭͩ̚͞H̸̰̠̯̻̗̺͋̂ͅU͔̱̜͔͊͊̒̒̄̀R̶̨̭͍͉̘̬̻̦͔ͤ̽̐̕P̖̝͎̦ͪͦ̇͆̓ͧ̚͡ ̶̈́̐͐̀̔͊̒҉̸͕̮̦͎͔D̶̷͈̤̮̼͂ͧ̾̿͐́ͅU̯̱̼̝̭ͥ̆̑̀ͧ̔́̎͗͘͝R̻͈̩͚͂͋ͤ̑̚͜P̵͔͉͔͖̟͈ͣ̄̊̃̊͐͊̎͝ ̡̻̜̥̼̩̥̰ͩ͊ͩͅH̡̳̜̜̪͊̓͐̆̃̇͠U̖̠͉̝̩͉̾̿ͬͧ͛̀R̸̢̫̠͖̪̎̉̓̊̎͋P̢̧͍̓ͭ ̾̍͐ͩͬͬͥ̔͏͈̙̰̭͖͘D̴̖̩̠̱̜͇͍͖̈́̇̊U̍̇̽͏͓̙͙̯̣̺̟͟R̨̠̹̖̍ͤͤ͒̓͊ͯ̚P̸̣̝͇̲̮̠ͧͯ̄̆̓ͣͯ͘͢ͅ ̛͌ͬͮ̌ͭ͏̜̞̪̟́ͅH̢̖͚͓̭̭̜͗̇̀̀͢Ủ̶̬̃ͤͫ̀̂ͥͅR̸̢̲̟̹̮̥̹̮͎̓̏͋ͣ̓́P͙͈ͣͯ͊ͧ̉̓̾̓͝͠ ̻̘̱̦̼͗ͨ̎̎D͓̫̲͎̺̘̾̑̓̊ͥ͗͠Ų̹̯̘̞̭̹̭͚̀ͥ̃̉̅ͤ̄͜ͅR̦̼͍̭͖͔̔ͮ̽ͧͨ̔ͣP̴̮̩̲ͪ̌͌ͫ͜ ̵͈̝͖̻̹̻̝ͦ͠͝Hͤ͂̀̑ͪ̋̚͏̷̜͖U̸̱̬ͣ̇̔̆ͨ̉̏̋R̈́͂͂̂̀ͦ̋҉̻͙P̨̺̘͉͔̟̞͚̣̬̍̔̔̎ͫ̐ ̷̬̮͙͊ͥ́̿ͫ͜D̲̻͓̈́̀̃́͊͑̽̀͠Ü̡̞̻̹ͪ͂̂̃͛͑̀͢R̯͖̰̪̤̻ͩ̌͋ͯ̾͗̈́͘P͉̠̞͎̮͇̝̾̒̅ͦ̈̃̇͞ ̲̤̪̻̜͓̹̰̬̐ͦ̈̏̈́̌ͣ̚͞Ḧ̴̥̗͚͇̙̘̹͎̃̆̽́̅ͨÚ̿̀͏̢͎͙R̥̯͉̖̽̓̄ͯͣͮ͛̑ͪP̸̘̜̟͇̆̕ ̷͍̺͖͍̻̠̰͑͋̓ͪ̈ͭD̞̘̯̲̤̜̝͑͆̎͊̂ͫ̔̂͞U̷̡̜̲̩̭̫̟ͥ̊͊͛ͨͅR̢̼͉͔̬̂ͯ͐̅P̠͖̗̙͓̔͝͝ ̰̠̦̐̐̑͂̍H͙͚̙͚̔̓͒͛͌̍̎̑Û͖̯̻͉͓̖̠̮̝̀̈ͤ̔͞͠͝R̻̥̐ͩ̀P̹̫͎͇͎͔ͤ̎͘ ̷̣̯͔̰̾̍̌̀D̡͎̼̝ͩ̔̃́̓̓̀Ų̪̲̥̻̥͓͚̩ͭ͗̾R̴̖͚̥̩͖̭̮̎͒͐̋̈́̈́ͅP̼̭ͭ̔̾͞ ̠͈̗̲̦͕̳̮͕̂ͮͩ̄ͩ̉͞H̖̥͎̗͎̰ͯU̺̺̹ͤ̅̊̃̑̈́͌R̢̬̭̼̘̰ͪ͢P͚͕̗̯̹̍ͤͮͣ̐̚͞ ̷͇̘͒̌͋̓ͣͦͩ̈D̬͕͉̯̲͔̯̰ͨ̌ͫͨ̈̀͠U̎͌ͨ̊͘͏͓͇͉̱̭̭̩̼̘̕R̫̳̓͑̊ͦ̑ͣ̚P̘̘ͪ͂̈̆̎̀ ̢̨̰̖͎̥̼͗̍ͭ͑ͭ͆ͤH̨̛̼̠͓͉̜͈̰̭̉ͬͧ̂̓̆ͥU̢͍͙ͣ̋́͛̑̅̚R͓̘̈́͐̄͑̋͛̆̂P̰͓̣̀͒ͅ ̷͓̦̭̼̭̤͚̹̌͋́̏͟D̶̟̯̝̙̦̲̯͙ͥ͢U̷ͦ̿̔ͣ̍ͦ̇͏̙̣̘͜R̢̲̬̦̽ͨ̅̋̊͜͟P̸̤̮ͪ͐ͫ̽̇ͤ́͟ ̵̡̨͉͕̮̦̲͉̦ͥ̾̽̅̈ͬH̢̙̠͔͖͙̉̃Ụ̫͆͆̄̈̾̽͗̅̃͞Rͪͬ̐͏̶͈̥̰̮͍̮͢P̐̃̍̋̊҉̮̣͞͠ ̵̟̱ͥ̓̎̑ͧ̿D̠̞͇̹͕͉̫͓͖͆ͫ̄̿͌̿̽̚͘U͇̤̖̮ͯͯ̌̂͑ͫ͌͜͞R̷͓̜ͫ̆̀̑̎ͮ̀P̴͉̾̊ͅ ̧͙͚͔̼̺̱̎̇ͩ̉͋ͤͅH̶̶̱̤͂͐̍̄̚Ú̻̪̞̹̞̠̮̀̄̉ͬ͊̚͞R̖̹̊̓ͦ͑̈́ͨ̏̒̚͠P̣͙̞͖ͦ̀̊ͬ͘͢ ̰̰̬̹̗ͧͣ̆̉D̦͈͕͎͔̬̘͗̿̃͒ͤ̐ͫ͡Ü̗͚͐ͨ̾̾̽̋͢͡R̰̘̭̱̠̰̳ͬ͌̏Ṗ̧̔̃̄̈́̽̿̓͡҉̥̲̙̦̺ ͧ̾͊ͬ͑͢҉̲̟̜͉̹̺̟̦͓ H̸̰̠̯̻̗̺͋̂ͅU͔̱̜͔͊͊̒̒̄̀R̶̨̭͍͉̘̬̻̦͔ͤ̽̐̕P̖̝͎̦ͪͦ̇͆̓ͧ̚͡ ̶̈́̐͐̀̔͊̒҉̸͕̮̦͎͔D̶̷͈̤̮̼͂ͧ̾̿͐́ͅU̯̱̼̝̭ͥ̆̑̀ͧ̔́̎͗͘͝R̻͈̩͚͂͋ͤ̑̚͜P̵͔͉͔͖̟͈ͣ̄̊̃̊͐͊̎͝ ̡̻̜̥̼̩̥̰ͩ͊ͩͅH̡̳̜̜̪͊̓͐̆̃̇͠U̖̠͉̝̩͉̾̿ͬͧ͛̀R̸̢̫̠͖̪̎̉̓̊̎͋P̢̧͍̓ͭ ̾̍͐ͩͬͬͥ̔͏͈̙̰̭͖͘D̴̖̩̠̱̜͇͍͖̈́̇̊U̍̇̽͏͓̙͙̯̣̺̟͟R̨̠̹̖̍ͤͤ͒̓͊ͯ̚P̸̣̝͇̲̮̠ͧͯ̄̆̓ͣͯ͘͢ͅ ̛͌ͬͮ̌ͭ͏̜̞̪̟́ͅH̢̖͚͓̭̭̜͗̇̀̀͢Ủ̶̬̃ͤͫ̀̂ͥͅR̸̢̲̟̹̮̥̹̮͎̓̏͋ͣ̓́P͙͈ͣͯ͊ͧ̉̓̾̓͝͠ ̻̘̱̦̼͗ͨ̎̎D͓̫̲͎̺̘̾̑̓̊ͥ͗͠Ų̹̯̘̞̭̹̭͚̀ͥ̃̉̅ͤ̄͜ͅR̦̼͍̭͖͔̔ͮ̽ͧͨ̔ͣP̴̮̩̲ͪ̌͌ͫ͜ ̵͈̝͖̻̹̻̝ͦ͠͝Hͤ͂̀̑ͪ̋̚͏̷̜͖U̸̱̬ͣ̇̔̆ͨ̉̏̋R̈́͂͂̂̀ͦ̋҉̻͙P̨̺̘͉͔̟̞͚̣̬̍̔̔̎ͫ̐ ̷̬̮͙͊ͥ́̿ͫ͜D̲̻͓̈́̀̃́͊͑̽̀͠Ü̡̞̻̹ͪ͂̂̃͛͑̀͢R̯͖̰̪̤̻ͩ̌͋ͯ̾͗̈́͘P͉̠̞͎̮͇̝̾̒̅ͦ̈̃̇͞ ̲̤̪̻̜͓̹̰̬̐ͦ̈̏̈́̌ͣ̚͞Ḧ̴̥̗͚͇̙̘̹͎̃̆̽́̅ͨÚ̿̀͏̢͎͙R̥̯͉̖̽̓̄ͯͣͮ͛̑ͪP̸̘̜̟͇̆̕ ̷͍̺͖͍̻̠̰͑͋̓ͪ̈ͭD̞̘̯̲̤̜̝͑͆̎͊̂ͫ̔̂͞U̷̡̜̲̩̭̫̟ͥ̊͊͛ͨͅR̢̼͉͔̬̂ͯ͐̅P̠͖̗̙͓̔͝͝ ̰̠̦̐̐̑͂̍H͙͚̙͚̔̓͒͛͌̍̎̑Û͖̯̻͉͓̖̠̮̝̀̈ͤ̔͞͠͝R̻̥̐ͩ̀P̹̫͎͇͎͔ͤ̎͘ ̷̣̯͔̰̾̍̌̀D̡͎̼̝ͩ̔̃́̓̓̀Ų̪̲̥̻̥͓͚̩ͭ͗̾R̴̖͚̥̩͖̭̮̎͒͐̋̈́̈́ͅP̼̭ͭ̔̾͞ ̠͈̗̲̦͕̳̮͕̂ͮͩ̄ͩ̉͞H̖̥͎̗͎̰ͯU̺̺̹ͤ̅̊̃̑̈́͌R̢̬̭̼̘̰ͪ͢P͚͕̗̯̹̍ͤͮͣ̐̚͞ ̷͇̘͒̌͋̓ͣͦͩ̈D̬͕͉̯̲͔̯̰ͨ̌ͫͨ̈̀͠U̎͌ͨ̊͘͏͓͇͉̱̭̭̩̼̘̕R̫̳̓͑̊ͦ̑ͣ̚P̘̘ͪ͂̈̆̎̀ ̢̨̰̖͎̥̼͗̍ͭ͑ͭ͆ͤH̨̛̼̠͓͉̜͈̰̭̉ͬͧ̂̓̆ͥU̢͍͙ͣ̋́͛̑̅̚R͓̘̈́͐̄͑̋͛̆̂P̰͓̣̀͒ͅ ̷͓̦̭̼̭̤͚̹̌͋́̏͟D̶̟̯̝̙̦̲̯͙ͥ͢U̷ͦ̿̔ͣ̍ͦ̇͏̙̣̘͜R̢̲̬̦̽ͨ̅̋̊͜͟P̸̤̮ͪ͐ͫ̽̇ͤ́͟ ̵̡̨͉͕̮̦̲͉̦ͥ̾̽̅̈ͬH̢̙̠͔͖͙̉̃Ụ̫͆͆̄̈̾̽͗̅̃͞Rͪͬ̐͏̶͈̥̰̮͍̮͢P̐̃̍̋̊҉̮̣͞͠ ̵̟̱ͥ̓̎̑ͧ̿D̠̞͇̹͕͉̫͓͖͆ͫ̄̿͌̿̽̚͘U͇̤̖̮ͯͯ̌̂͑ͫ͌͜͞R̷͓̜ͫ̆̀̑̎ͮ̀P̴͉̾̊ͅ ̧͙͚͔̼̺̱̎̇ͩ̉͋ͤͅH̶̶̱̤͂͐̍̄̚Ú̻̪̞̹̞̠̮̀̄̉ͬ͊̚͞R̖̹̊̓ͦ͑̈́ͨ̏̒̚͠P̣͙̞͖ͦ̀̊ͬ͘͢ ̰̰̬̹̗ͧͣ̆̉D̦͈͕͎͔̬̘͗̿̃͒ͤ̐ͫ͡Ü̗͚͐ͨ̾̾̽̋͢͡R̰̘̭̱̠̰̳ͬ͌̏Ṗ̧̔̃̄̈́̽̿̓͡҉̥̲̙̦̺ ͧ̾͊ͬ͑͢҉̲̟̜͉̹̺̟̦͓

Comet_Des.png

ACROBATICS - SKILL TO DO EXAGGERATED MOVES WITHOUT EFFORT
ANIMAL TRAINING - SKILL TO TRAIN AND COMMAND ANIMALS
ARTISTRY - SKILL TO PAINT, DRAW OR SCULP EASILY
ATHLETICS - SKILL OF RUNNING AND JUMPING WITHOUT EFFORT
BIOLOGY - KNOWLEDGE OF LIVING CREATURES
BOTANY- KNOWLEDGE OF PLANTS
CHEMISTRY - KNOWLEDGE OF CHEMICALS AND POTIONS
COMPUTERS - KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTERS
COOKING - SKILL USED TO CREATE MEALS
DODGING - SKILL TO MOVE OUT OF THE WAY WITHOUTH EFFORT
GARDENING - SKILL TO GROW PLANTS AND HERBS
HERBAL MEDICENE - KNOWLEDGE OF MEDICINAL HERBS
INVENTING - SKILL TO CREATE IDEAS EASILY
MACHINERY - KNOWLEDGE OF MACHINES
MATHEMATICS - KNOWLEDGE OF NUMBERS AND FORMULAS
MECH OPERATION - SKILL TO OPERATE MACHINES
MINERALOGY - KNOWLEDGE OF MINERALS AND GEMS
MUSIC - SKILL TO COMPOSE OR PLAY MUSIC
PERCEPTION - SKILL TO DETECT LIFE
PHILOSPHY - KNOWLEGE OF
PSYCHOLOGY - KNOWLEDGE OF THE BRAIN'S FUNCTIONS
SMITHING - SKILL TO HONE METALLIC ITEMS
SPEECHCRAFT - SKILL TO TALK TO OTHERS EASILY
WRITING - SKILL TO CREAT LITERATURE

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.