Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
U.S.G. A New Beginning

[Contest Project] U.S.G. ~A New Beginning~ !!! NEW VERSION !

Oops!  Okay, the link has been removed.  Aw, that's cool to hear that people were asking for it :)

Hm, perhaps I didn't install the font yet, I'll try that, thanks!

Played it finished it. It was great but like miss matcha said ya the dialogue does go off a bit in some places however it doesnt really make much of a difference

So I guess i must have overlooked some part *sigh* :'(

That was really fast! Any feedback about the game is appreciated. Do you find it too difficult? And don't forget to try the extra missions!

Hmm feedback well it seem short I only need 2 hrs but then again there isnt many missions I feel like the parts that were too easy were the bosses there should be more things to dodge but then again it could be too hard for some people hmm not much too say I cant really think of anything but it was a pretty good idea about the story (Story not shown for reasons sry ^_^) never seen someone try it before anyways it was good hope your next game Adolescence is better *_*

What difficulty that you were playing?  Thank you for the feedback :)  I admit it could be short, but the game has a high replayability value with many difficulties and variaties of status to upgrade.  I don't know if I can compare Adolescence with this game since they're completely different in genre but I'll try my best to deliver the high quality game :)

I don't think I'm as good as light123, hehe... for me some parts were pretty challenging (like when there were little bullets flying all over the screen).  I think anytime I have to use a non-rapidfire wepaon I will invariably get hit :P 

Hmm im used to game where you have to dodge many buttets I feel if theres more its easier I just cant do the big bullets I like attacking all the time

To be completely honest..... I liked the old soundtrack better. ^^
Not that there's anything wrong with this one, but the old had a 'smooth' and futuristic feel to it, while this sounds like medieval sometimes. Love the final boss music tho. :p
Hm and there's a music randomizer? It's a bit crappy because I get the same music almost all the time, and exactly the one I don't really like lol. Btw is it just me or is there a small lagspike every time the boss music starts?

Hm also, I don't like that the game goes fullscreen when you launch it (unless you use alt+enter). The quality of the graphics goes down a lot in fullscreen and I really like the nice and smooth graphics it has in window mode. :)

Btw. xD
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1937/246ygg34rrfkk0.png[/img]
Is the .6666666666667 a bug? ^^

Anyway, still a great game. Good work. ^^

Oh wow sorry about that bug. That's really weird :S I'll make a patch fixing that later.

As for the music, I still prefer the current bgms since they're original. I know it can't please everyone but it's legal :)

The lag is probably because the music is .ogg file, which has to be loaded completely before it's played :S

Thanks for all the feedback and glad to know that you still like the game. I'm still waiting for someone to come and shout "I BEAT DA SECRET BOSS LOLZ"  XD

I'm trying to unlock the mission but can't haha. xD
The boss rush mission is pretty hard with normal/hard. ^^
Just died at last boss' last form with 1/3 of his hp left. -_- Gotta level a bit more I guess harhar (35 atm).
Btw how about adding more backgrounds? Some missions have the same. ^^

WoW I know I'm a little late discovoring this game game, but...

Damn I just love to see what people can make with RPG maker =D

Thanks!  BTW, your avatar is awesome ;)
If you're interested, you can check my other projects under my signature. They're all non-rpg made with rmxp (except for Hello Panda.) The reason I don't make rpg (yet) is because I think they're too difficult :S

I tried your panda game and fell in love with it =D
Anyway I can't really seems to check out your sheep game =X
I can't enter any of the links +_+

Btw ty about the avatar ^_^

I like your donald duck cap too =D

(I'm a great fan of him.)

@alex 47
Though you cannot change the ship, it's possible to upgrade your ship. For example, HP, weapon lv, etc.  But if you mean changing the ship graphic once the ship is upgraded, I don't think that is necessary because there are so many things you can upgraded that it'd be too complicate to do that (And I only had two months to work on the game.)

@DopyG
Glad you like Hello Panda! As for Fluffy and the Gang, I'll reupload the trial version later and fix the link in that thread :)

Hi Hima!  Just letting you know that I'm still around :)  Sorry I haven't sent you the collaboration song yet, I keep redoing the arrangement because it's just not fitting properly.  I think I might just go back to a really simple style instead of trying to mess around with percussion; just piano, strings, and a little synth stuff here and there (like "Traces").  But I'll get it to you as soon as I can, I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys' art mixed with it!   

And I agree with DopyG, you should totally reupload the "Fluffy and the Gang" demo!  It's amazing how your team can make so many different types of games with rpg maker. 

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.