Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
U.S.G. A New Beginning

[Contest Project] U.S.G. ~A New Beginning~ !!! NEW VERSION !

Aye, I was shocked too when I first played the genre - Probably the most contrasting type as far as how difficult it actually is vs. how difficult it seems to bystanders go. Which is great, because you can show off to people by doing okay and still looking like you know just exactly what you are doing. :p

@Hevendor
Playtesters are appreciated. Just let me finish this extra stage first and I'll send you the game :)

@Reives
  EXACTLY!

Oh one other thing, with the new contents, the game's size will probably be larger than 42 MB. I hope people don't mind about that...I'll try to keep it under 60 MB :S

Anyway, new screenies!

The Orb Of Ice
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/ ... -3-1-1.jpg[/img]
This guy's attack pattern isn't that bad. His reverse bubbles, on the other hand, are real pain in the butt.

The Orb Of Fire
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/ ... re-4-1.jpg[/img]
The flame on left and right will moving in and out all the time, so your escape space is pretty narrow. The fact that his red bullets are always aimed toward you isn't help either :P

Yes, at first I was going to add only one extra boss. But I was carried away that I made a whole new extra stage *sigh*

Wow, this looks really neat. Can't wait to play. :D

Oh one other thing, with the new contents, the game's size will probably be larger than 42 MB. I hope people don't mind about that...I'll try to keep it under 60 MB :S
Heh, I don't see a problem. I'd probably download it if it was 1GB+ xD

Hima's Game ROCKS!!!
Finnally something different then an everyday rpg!!!
YES!
Ok sorry for that nonsence.
I am loving your plot to this.
I like the charecters you have made for the game.
Everything is so..uhh....SWEET!

I so hate myself for not having been able to try the original demo, but it looks extremely delicious, and so very very worth the wait of playing a even better release XD

Heh, thanks for that. Tried it out now aswell.
Man, I'm totally LOVING this game! :D
The sprites, artwork, story... everything... Just rock. Doesn't look like it's made with rmxp at all, I have no idea how you pulled this off. o.o

A big LOL at the story and what the USG really stands for. xD

Now I only wish there would be more stages as it's quite short. Waiting for the next release. ^_~
Really good job with this. Keep going and good luck. :)

Hima, good news... I am about 90% finished with the theme song.  It's called "Starshine (New Beginnings)."  I finished the vocals tonight after a grueling 6 hour blitz of recording and mixing.  I need to record one more thing (a synth for the arrangement), which I'll probably put into the song tomorrow.  As soon as I'm finished I will let you know.   

--laura

I'm uploading the game right now. :)
EDIT :

DONE! If you found any problem with the game, please report me! The old Option.rxdata and game save files should work fine. Just copy and paste them into the game folder.

Beat boss rush mode on normal or higher difficulty

EDIT ::
I've found a bug. I'm so stupid. Please download the patch in the first post and put it in Patch folder inside the game folder.

@Hevendor
Sorry I didn't get to send you to playtest it :'(  I was overwhelmed by classes and stuffs that I totally forgot about the testplay release.

Six exclamation marks show how excited I am with finally having a game with original OST :P

Just want to tell people who's using the old save file that please please finish mission 7 again. The ending was changed and I don't really want anyone to miss it!

Also, you can speed up the message by holding enter or spacebar.

Hi Hima~

I just downloaded your latest version and played the first few levels.  As always, the art is very bright and attractive, I love it :)  At some point I accidentally picked up a weapon that didn't allow rapid fire, which I wasn't entirely used to... but having the option to charge up your gun was pretty cool.  One thing you might want to double check is the dialogue; I noticed a number of places where the text gets cut off.  It's not a huge problem or anything, but just something to look at when you have time.  Besides that, this is a very inventive and polished game.  Great job! 

@miss matcha
Aww, I was gonna save the music until tomorrow, since I'm going to release the music along with the rest of the OST (I even had the CD cover made! :'( )  It's ok. People should get this great song as fast as possible anyway XD. Actually, I've already put the song in my Thai blog and people were asking for it haha. Now I guess they'll be happy.

As for the dialogue, I thought I check everything already... :(  Have you install the font that's inside the game folder? But I'll take a look into it. Thank you!

That gun was probably the ice element weapon. You can swing around and the ice crystal will following you, create a pretty nice barrier :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.