Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

zoom in script..

This is my reuest for a new script.

I need a zooming in script.

ok what I need is that when you turn on a switch the game zooms in to the center of the screen. when the switch is off the game return to its normal view.. when its zoomed in I want you to see.. uggh.. maybe an 8 tiles high and 10 tiles width on the whole screen.. I also need the game to be playable during the zoom in..

thanks if you decide to help! :D

rodascesar1":ju81xsgw said:
This is my reuest for a new script.

I need a zooming in script.

ok what I need is that when you turn on a switch the game zooms in to the center of the screen. when the switch is off the game return to its normal view.. when its zoomed in I want you to see.. uggh.. maybe an 8 tiles high and 10 tiles width on the whole screen.. I also need the game to be playable during the zoom in..

thanks if you decide to help! :D

There's a couple of things this requires. First, a rewrite of the tilemap class, like SephirothSpawn's Tilemap Rewrite. The other thing that would be required is a script that can tie together the zoom function of Seph's rewrite with the zoom function on all of the events and the player, and move everything as the zoom is performed, which would be pretty difficult. As best I can tell, this is not something that most scripters, myslf included, would want to tangle with.

wow.. I didnt think it was that hard... but oh well :P thanks a lot for clarifying.... :)

I wanted to make an evented battle system.. the things the sprites look way to small so I wanted to make the bigger.. so I did.. but then when someone hits someone.. you gotta hit a certain part of the sprite instead of the whole thing.. anyways.. thanks again :)

rodascesar1":1kwe0hak said:
wow.. I didnt think it was that hard... but oh well :P thanks a lot for clarifying.... :)

I wanted to make an evented battle system.. the things the sprites look way to small so I wanted to make the bigger.. so I did.. but then when someone hits someone.. you gotta hit a certain part of the sprite instead of the whole thing.. anyways.. thanks again :)

Well, the problem isn't the zoom. It's coordinating movments while you have it zoomed in that's the problem. Sorry if I made it sound too hard. It's not something I'd want to tackle with, mainly because I've never done much with coordinates and movment.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.