Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Zeriab's Anti Event Lag System ~ Version 1.2

Zeriab

Sponsor

I am glad I was able to help.
I hope figure out how to work with the other scripts.
Feel free to ask if you have any more problems or inquires about my script ^_^

*hugs*
- Zeriab

Thank you very much

but  I saw a bug!

When press F12 to loadgame or newgame. A window will show " 'Game_Event' 30  SystemStackError "  stack level to deep ........

Please fix it please

Thank You  ^^

I just added this script to my game and I'm really liking it. It kept a consistent 40 FPS on a 500x500 map with 1000 events, half of which are moving around, while the FPS drops to around 5-9 without the script. Great work.

Integrating the script with my tactical battle system took some time because I was extending the map, character, and sprite classes in ways that the script didn't support. I rewrote my classes to inherit more of their functionality from the default classes, to delegate updating and drawing duty to your methods instead of my own extensions, and edited your script a bit to account for me using battlers instead of characters for graphics, and it seems to be working well so far. In a way, I think adding your script improved the structure of my own scripts (much less duplication), which is pretty neat. It also helped me find some bugs in scripts I haven't tested in a while. :)

I'll keep you updated in case I find any bugs with the script itself.

Zeriab

Sponsor

I am glad the new version worked for you ^_^

@Cowlol:
It's nice to hear my script have helped improving your own systems.
I would love to hear of any bugs you find and discuss any areas of the script. (For interest and possible improvement alike)

*hugs*
- Zeriab

revee

zeriab.. can you make a compability with pixelmovement..? i need this to continue my project (harvest moon type game) to kill the lag.. ^ ^ because i have at least 500 parralel process for planting event (in the same map)T.T hehe sorry....

Zeriab

Sponsor

I believe f0tz!baerchen already have included his antilag script in his pixelmovement script.
My script utilizes the fact that we have a grid based system. The pixelmovement script breaks the grid so my script does not guarantee proper collision detection.
You can utilize the concept of a grid since we are still dealing with a 2D plane. The problem is just harder since each event can be in several grid locations at the same time.
In essense my script is not suited for pixelmovement.

As for having 500 parallel processes. You should still get lag if were to use my script and not have the pixelmovement script.
You need to work out how to express the same functionality with much fewer parallel processes.

*hugs*
- Zeriab

revee

umm, btw thanks! now i know how to prevent lag.... just make wait process in every event it should increase fps... try yourself! or you can (ctrl alt del) task manager in process tab, find game.exe, right click and change the set priority to high ^_^

Zeriab

Sponsor

You can in some cases use waits to decrease the amount of eventing code processed.
When you wait the event won't interpret further event commands. You can use this to split especially parallel processes up so they run over more frames rather than just one frame. (Actually an parallel process is processed more than once per frame,)

I am glad you got it to work btw ^_^

*hugs*
- Zeriab

When i try this script i get an error saying,

Script `Anti Lag`line 296: errno::ENOENT occured
no such file or directory - Data/commonEvents.rxdata

Zeriab

Sponsor

Data/CommonEvents.rxdata is the default path for the common events.
The problem resides either in that you have deleted the CommonEvents.rxdata file from the Data folder or have a script which changes the name or path for the file containing the common events.

Which custom scripts do you have?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.