Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Zer0 3-Man CMS

Zer0 3-Man CMS Version: 1.3
By: ForeverZer0

Introduction

This is my first complete CMS that I have created. Originally it was going to be used exclusively for my own project, but I decided to release it for anybody to use. I have added as much compatability as possible to it for other scripts since it also uses its own save/load system, etc.

Features
  • Optimized code to only create windows as needed, which means less lag.
  • Animated windows.
  • Clean, simple interface
  • Custom save system built-in, with easy compatability for any scripts that may use aliased methods of Scene_Save and Scene_Load.
  • Options menu with many configurable options including Font, Shaded Text, Gradient Bars, Windowskins, Window Opacity, Volume, SFX, and more.
  • Displays game time on menu, using either CCTS or ATES.
  • Built in quest manager. (Based off of game_guy's Quest script)
  • Items can be sorted by Type, Alpha-Numerical, Quantity, and by Key Item.
  • Save and Load available from menu.
  • Can use L and R to switch characters on the Equip and Status screens.
  • an use variable to log Game Completion on File Windows.
  • Ability to allow player to unlock Windowskins and Fonts that can be used, much like Chrono Cross.
  • Compatibility with Blizzard's Equap Skills from Tons.
  • Automatically install fonts on users PC
  • Much more!

Screenshots

CMS%20Main.png
CMS%20Item.png
CMS%20Equip.png
CMS%20Skill.png
CMS%20Status.png
CMS%20Quest.png
CMS%20Options.png
CMS%20Data.png

Demo

Demo Link

Script

Script is too large for code box.
Download here.

Instructions

• Download fileutils.rb, which is required for the auto-font installer. It must be placed in the "Data/" folder of your game. (Included in demo)
  • Place script below default scripts and above "Main".
  • The script requires Blizzard's Tons-of-Addons (v.6.03 or higher), and either ATES or CCTS. It is possible to use another Time System other than them, but it will require some edits to one section (see script).

Compatibility

This script makes many of the default scripts obsolete, almost all that deal with the default CMS and the save system, therefore it will likely not be compatible with other scripts that affect these classes.

Credits and Thanks

Wachunga, for use of the auto-font installer.

Author's Notes

Please report any bugs/issues so that they can be resolved. Enjoy!

Terms and Conditions

Creative Commons - Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
You are free:

to Share - to copy, distribute and transmit the work
to Remix - to adapt the work

Under the following conditions:

Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.

Share alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.

- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.

- Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.

- Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.

I want to use this- I really, really do- but until you make the time systems optional I can't use it. Time systems and plots that are on a time limit don't work well together.

As soon as you make that optional, I'll be all over this awesomeness.

I really like the layout of this and I think that this script if pretty cool looking.
Are the icons blurred when they are zoomed in? If so, is there a way to zoom in and just have it pixelated looking?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.