Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Yugioh Battle System

Sero

Well basically I want a yugioh battle system. If you dont know what it is, it is a card game using a deck of cards with a minimum limit of 40 cards. You build a deck with Magic cards(Green) Trap Cards(Redish)and Monster Cards([Fusion][Effect: Brownish[Normal:Very light brownish color]). Look it up and stuff. If you may, please examine gameplay videos on youtube of say yugioh 7 trials to glory 2005(my personal favorite). I need the Draw,Standby,Mains 1+2 ,Battle and end phases. Pretty complicated. But i really recomend the youtube stuff to watch what i want. Or to make it easier, can you post a starter kit thingy if you know of one. My computer is acting up so im using my little brother's very slow computer.

I have several things I would like to say. Please don't take any of them wrong, as none are meant to be offensive.

1. Be more descriptive. Not everyone plays the card game, so they don't know what an ignition effect monster is or how they would need to program that. If you can't post everything in one post, make a big overview and link to the game mechanics pages at the wikia.
2. No matter how descriptive you make a Yu-Gi-Oh! battle system request, no one is going to do it without significant incentives, like money. (Credits in a game is certainly not enough, as you probably won't finish it anyway, like most games around here)
3. If someone did make the mechanics of the battle system, they would still not be able to make a good AI. Hell, the official video games don't have good ai. (If you don't know what I mean, try equipping something like Big Bang Shot to an opponent's monster and let them kill themselves becasue they have no concept of effect damage. It works in EVERY yugioh game ever made with Big Bang Shot or Fairly Meteor Crush) The only way to make an ai seem proficient in this game is to give it better cards than the player.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.