Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

YOUR CHILDHOOD...Gritty reboots!

Injury

Awesome Bro

Hello!

TMNT is in the hands of Micheal Bay.

tmnt_by_allengeneta-d6g5vkn.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCjsWpM9zFU

As much as I want to see the gritty side of TMNT, such as the original comics where the turtles really did kill the foot, smoked weed and drank beer, along with being profrane...I don't know how I feel about this...

I'm glad they are going back to their roots, The Secret of the Ooze, but in the same instance, it just seems too little too late to try and reboot that TMNT machine.

Thoughts? Other reboots that aren't justified?

Leave it and love it.

Fusty

Sponsor

Never read or watched much TMNT apart from a few episodes from one of the cartoons. I always liked those though.
It'll be interesting to see how this turns out. Though from what I can tell from that trailer, it's going to be a standard Michael Bay movie: explosions & other action > story.

I lost hope for this when I found out that Megan Fox was going to be April... I mean, seriously, ANYONE would be better for that role than her. Yet, she seems to be as much of a fixture of Bay's movies these days as Johnny Depp is to Tim Burton's. Only Megan Fox is probably doing Bay some... 'favors' for her privilege....

It's getting boring and silly how every franchise has to become dark and gritty. And dark doesn't mean just edgy and black... but physically dark and difficult to see. Does nobody do anything in the daytime these days?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.