Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

YEdit (ScriptEditor2)

Yeyinde Dev. presents the sequel to ScriptEditor: YEdit!
So what's been improved from ScriptEditor?  How about a more IDE-ish look, multiple files open, and a slew of other features?  The program is in development stages right now, so it will take a while for a public release.  Until then, I'll update this topic with news and tidbits that come along.

*all screenshots depict a work in progress and may not be final in design*
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a229/ ... /YEdit.png[/img]

Until then, enjoy whatever screenshots I have up.

e

Sponsor

So are you going to put it up on Rubyforge so we can contribute plug-ins and whatnots? That'd be pretty shweet.

Also, did you get rid of the ini file? YAML files are much more manageable, and you can put direct ruby objects, hashes and SYMBOLS in them, instead of having Strings has keys.

Actually, this project is being done mostly in C++ and a little bit of C for the Ruby data objects.  For plugins, I'll probably be doing a dynamic library sort of thing, and for config I'll use the registry or something else.
I also might put this up on SourceForge. It really depends on how I feel about this.

I LOVE YOU, YOU ONE SEXY MOTHERF*CKER PREDATOR !!! :P

Anyway, too bad this isn't out before the contest. Or I would have used this for USG lol.

I also wondering about what make this special? I see the project tab, so does this project refers to the game project (.rxproj) or just the name for script sets?

Hopefully you can finish this soon, and feel great enough about it to put it on SourceForge XD

Rai":6w6ckjug said:
Does this function with just RGSS? Or does it support saving to *.rb files, and running the interpreter?
Yes, you can open your project "Scripts.rxdata". It is the same as a ".rsc" file.

Yeyinde, do you still have the old ruby version?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.