Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[Xp/Vx] Pixel Fonts

Well my game is going to be in a resolution of 356X240 and well the anti aliased rendered fonts really bug me, basically what I'm asking is, is there a script that gets rid of that?

For example you know when you type in MS Paint with Arial it's not anti aliased unless you have it on sharp. This would help me out greatly, thanks!

Try changing the font type and size. There are plenty of default fonts made for much smaller viewing, and, with a smaller size, they look much better than the default font. I mean, event Times New Roman works at half the default font size. (11 instead of 22)

Most of the default windows font are using anti-aliasing or vector drawing. So no pixelation.
You will have to use a font specificaly made to look pixelated, like the RM2K/3 font or any other pixel fonts.

Dargor":3ffqqroi said:
Most of the default windows font are using anti-aliasing or vector drawing. So no pixelation.
You will have to use a font specificaly made to look pixelated, like the RM2K/3 font or any other pixel fonts.

Another good example is the Pokemon game fonts found in Poccil's Starter kit. (Look around, the thread isn't by Poccil, but it's pretty easy to find)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.