Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP] Visual Armor System V 2.0

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7259/vabannerdy8.png[/img]
A system that changes your armor and battler instantly.
Uses no scripts only common events.
With V2 your character changes with different swords and sheilds.
:rock:

This should have been placed in RMXP/RMVX Tutorials, which has been placed under RM Discussion.  The tutorial section is kind of...hidden now.

Well, first: This belongs into RMXP/RMVX Tutorials, but as apparently events are scripts now, too, I guess it's fine that someone moved it in here.

And to comment on your actual work: scripting obviously gives you a wider range of possibilities on this, because you'll need a huge load of graphics to cover 5 pieces of equipment at a time, especially considering you'd most likely use more than one of each kind. That'd also result in huge conditional branch chains within your common events, which itself results in lag because events are processed slower than scripts.
My suggestion is that you try to do a similar, yet expanded script in RGSS to increase capability along with your scripting skills, because you obviously know what to do, you just need to apply it to RGSS... because well, only a very limited range of people will have a use for this, I'm afraid.

I know its just an event system, but great job with it so far! :thumb:

I learned something from poccil, which you could probably apply to your system if you ever decide to learn RGSS. Its the ability to take multiple images, and layer them together to create a new image (thus the composit windowskin system that is used in my CMS.) But instead of windowskins, you could do that with your charactersets too.

Just create directories inside your characters folder for the visual equipment stuff.

*/Characters/[0]-Weapons
*/Characters/[1]-Shields
*/Characters/[2]-Body
*/Characters/[3]-Helmets
*/Characters/[4]-Accessories

These would just contain the base images of the equipment graphics, then when actor is equipped with something it'll paste it together for you. (Still, your charsets would have to be naked, or in their underoos, or it probably wouldn't paste correctly.)

Just a thought, if you ever decide to learn RGSS. If you want, PM me and I can send you the composit windowskin snippet if you want to get your learn on. If I had time, I'd just write the thing for ya, because this is a pretty cool concept you've came up with!

I don't think this works for accessories though. I've tried it and i've written up my own code using the common events and it only works with the clothes not accessories. which I find is incredibly ridiculous!

if you want this one to work for accesories, make your own graphics, i'm too lazy. maybe in V3 (yes i am planning to make a V3.)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.