Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

(XP) Text command that simulates space/enter key press.

Hello! I need an edit or addition to this very cool message system script (Hermes).

The script has a \^ or \~ text command that force closes the message window (see line #1307). However I want this command changed or have a new command added that does something slightly different. Currently the command exits the message code entirely even if A)there's more text appended (command \*) or B)there's additional windows (command \+)... I want the force close command to not ignore this additional text and instead simulate an "enter/spacebar" key press instead.

Say for example I want two message windows to appear "HELLO \+" and "GOODBYE" simultaneously without player input. With the current script this is impossible because "HELLO" will display and then await player input before "GOODBYE" displays. And if I try the force close command "HELLO \+ \^" the window will be disposed of entirely. Same thing if I try to append more text to scroll with \*.

Basically I want a text command that gets the same result that pressing enter or spacebar does.

Link to script: http://uglyhorst.de/rPG%20Maker/rGSS-Sc ... 2a-dev.zip

Ah. You mean you want the window to close without player input? This can be done with Ccoa's Universal Message System. Unfortunately I can't post it, but I guarantee you'll find it if you search Google. If you do find it, put in the code "\w[#of frames]" after the text you are writing.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.