Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP] Skills Learning System by Charlie Lee (v1.7)

What system would you prefer to decide what skills a character can learn from a given weapon/accesso

• All the skills available for his class, with the learning of skills by leveling up disabled.

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • All the skills available for his class at level 99, in order to avoid that he learns the skill by le

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • All the skills defined in the configuration file for each character, identified by IDs.

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • All the skills defined in the configuration file for each character, identified by names.

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Other (post your suggestion)

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
here
Code:
################################################################################
#                               CONFIGURATION                                  #
################################################################################
LEARNING_EXP_POINTS_MULTIPLIER=1

be sure to not have a duplicated copy of the script, note that it is already included in my CTB.

You can put any picture you want, just go in the Graphics/Faces folder and change those picture with yours. They can be faces, symbols, anything, they only have to be named as the char they refer to.

Charlie Lee":1sf7lfj4 said:
You can put any picture you want, just go in the Graphics/Faces folder and change those picture with yours. They can be faces, symbols, anything, they only have to be named as the char they refer to.
What do you mean by that. I use DVV's rm2k face system and when I put your script in, the status menu dosen't show the face.

My system just shows for each character in the status screen whatever picture there is in the Graphics/Faces folder with the name of the character. If you put there a face, it will show a face.

Great script Charlie Lee, I also love your Customizable Weapons script as well. I was wondering if there is a way to make it so a accessories that has 2 skills on it like heal and fire, can make it so one  character can only learn heal and not fire, while a different character can learn fire but not heal from it. Thanks in advance.   

@Zero2505
I don't think you can do it  currently, not sure, 1:00am here :). This is an interesting update for a next version. I'm afraid this is going to be configuration-based and not database-based though. Anyway thanks for the suggestion.

@kerfvalerio
You miss the font i used. Maybe it was Ballpark... search Ballpark with CTRL+SHIFT+F in the script editor and replace it with your preferred one.

-- Charlie

I've told you, open the script editor and search with CTRL+SHIFT+F for the word Ballpark. You'll be prompted with all the occurrences of the word through the scripts in your project, double-click on the first and you'll be brought to the line and script in which the word is. Edit the line removing "Ballpark" and put "Arial" for instance, or whatever other font you want. Repeat until there are no more occurrence of Ballpark. 

Hey, I bet you remember me from your other script post.  I'm using both of them they're very awesome scripts.  Well I'm having a small problem.  I'm using the multi-equip and I have created a new item type for learning skills.  The problem is even though the item is an accs it doesn't seem to show up for skill learning.  I'm not quite sure why, I figured because it is still in the database as an assc it would work but unfourtunatlly it doesn't.  I've tried to figure it out but I have no idea because I'm not a scripter, all i can really do is small edits to scripts.  If you could help me out I would be very thankful.

First: You have to use Armor/Accessories and not Items.
Second: You have to create the class with the same name and everything as described in the instructions.
Third: I need more information for helping you.

Charlie Lee":1xdg5ukh said:
First: You have to use Armor/Accessories and not Items.
Second: You have to create the class with the same name and everything as described in the instructions.
Third: I need more information for helping you.

It is an accessory, and i do have the class set up also.  I don't really know what other info i can give you.  I can upload my game file if you want to take a look at it?

Basiclly, i created a new slot to equip the new accessory in with the multi-equip called Blood Gem.  As far as I can tell it should still be considered an accessory though.

Poll Comment;
Well as I really don't need the whole certian character learning only certain abilities from a skill it doesn't really matter to be but my oppinion for anyone wanting to use it this way would be the ids in a config.  It's easy to do and it gives you many more options on the way you can use this feature.  The problem with setting them as character skill to learn at 99 is when they reach 99 they get all the skills without having to learn them via item.  But I guess that's really an assumption I'm sure if you could set up the script to no longer add lvl 99 skills when you reach 99.  But then you couldn't have a skill they learn regularlly at lvl 99(if you have them learning skills by level also)

Here's an edit which i made back to the beginning of December, it allow's use to to learn skill everything(armor, weapon,...). I also moded the status screen so that it display all status about learning. Nothing else to say except it might be very un-optimize since it's the first script i've ever edited(it's really surprising considering i know nothing about script...)

I just wanted to share this with all of you since some people have asked for it, i would like to thank Charlie for the original script; i really need it for my game!  ;)

Since i can't post the script here(it cut near the end), i'll just post a text file; here it is:

http://rapidshare.com/files/81132290/Le ... n.txt.html

@kerfvalerio: I have try the one that i have modified with the 777's slot and yes it works but you'll need to add some more line in the script if you want to use the skill learning system with the extra equipment though.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.