Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP] SFX Option Does Not Disable In-Battle Sound Effects

Hi guys,

I'm currently utilising Bigace360's System Options script, which can be found here: https://bigaceworld.wordpress.com/2012/08/17/392/

It's a fantastic and easy to use script, but I'm having a problem with one of the options - the one which enables you to manipulate the volume of Sound Effects. While it works perfectly on the Overworld, any sound effects that are tied to animations in battle still play, which really defeats the purpose of disabling sound. Is there any way to fix this and tie those sound effects into this option? I'm not very good when it comes to scripting, but I imagine it would be because the animation sound effects are performed under a different bit of code to standard sound effects (potentially Audio.se play instead of $game_system.se_play). Although it's probably not that simple :)

I've been trying to fix this since October with no luck, and am getting very desperate. I asked on the 'official' RPG Maker forum, but no one there has been able to offer a solution. If anyone has any ideas, I'd sincerely appreciate it.

Thank you very much for looking!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.