Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP][RGSS2] Resolution Fix?

So, I'm using RGSS2 with XP, from the turotial on these forums. I'm using this to change the resolution:

Code:
Graphics.resize_screen(640,480)

The trouble is, with this the resolution cannot go above 640x480.

I have tried using Selwyn's resolution script, though this does not work with RGSS2. (It merely stretches the screen, rather than resizing it).

I wish to have a resolution of 640x560 (I think).

Is there any way of doing this? (Or does a script already exist for this?)

Thanks,
~Wyatt

the only way to do this is by using a remade tilemap class and a window resizer (mine is the best i think)... im currently working on a not so user friendly yet lag free tilemap rewrite... all user friendly things are laggy...

you mean you want to make the window size bigger? simple use my script its called a resolution script because its in beta for that purpose... if you do use it you'll have to change the viewports size as i didnt add that into the current version...
if, on the other hand, you want the actual map to zoom to fit... its impossible... the tile sizes would have to be a specific size and such... its pointless really

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.