Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

XP Resolution script V0.2 (now has a proper resolution resizer!)

where and when and are you using vx or xp?

it would help to give more info XD

strangely i dont have any errors lol

*edit*
just tried all features on XP and they all work perfectly... VX auto full-screens so it doesnt work there of course... are your sure you did it right?
You put the big 'ol script in a new section above main and below all other scripts and then you use teh script using one of the many methods available... ive only tried using the script alone so it may be one of your other scripts... also ive only tried calling it straight away just after begin in main so i'll test other placs like title screen and such now...

arev

Sponsor

VX auto full-screens so it doesnt work there of course
ORLY? What did I tell you ;]
@Third333strike: I got an error like this caused by Selwyn's resolution script, in which "Resolution" is a module. If you were using that you'll need to erase it and leave just this one.

well i think i could find a way of preventing full screen... ive done it in XP after all. Also that could be the problem as i just tried that combination and it gives that error.

Sadly i think this will be aimed more at XP as i doubt the tilemap system is anywhere near equal to Xp's and also i'd have to change alot for VX's different default sizes... which i cant be bothered to do as im an XP user XD

arev

Sponsor

If you could solve the risizing problem in VX, then the tilemap won't be a problem. Someone made a resolution script for XP, which uses default tilemap used 4 times to cover the whole screen (with different ox, oy values). But that's only if you get rid of the first problem :)

well im not entirely sure about the resizing problem... if someone could decrypt / decompress the RGSS202E.dll i could check it out and see what API call its using to full screen, and then hopefully counteract that... aslong as its not keybrd_event (coz thats impossible to stop XD)

in XP ive resized the title screen images (although pointless as im expecting people to just make a 320*240 title screen anyway) and im making an algorithm for the vieport... in the next version the vieport will resize depending on the resolution. And once the tilemap rewrite is compelte it'll do the same but resize depending on the resolution and the new bit count (16*16).

This will allow games to have different amounts of the standard map visible and hopefully if the tilemap finally works you can do the same but with halfed maps and graphics... i.e. you can have a huge screened standard game or decrease all graphics to 16*16 bits (snes style XD) and still use the standard mapping and coding system... i think this is the best way to do this and hopefully it'll work...

too bad i dont have knowledge of VX to convert it... perhaps some decent RGSS2 coder could look into it at a later time (hint hint)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.