Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP] Request-Unlockable soundtrack

Hello everyone, I would like to request a script. I would like an unlock-able soundtrack. Let me describe it the best way that I can:

When you start up the game you have the standard choices [New Game, Continue, Shutdown] I would like an extra choice to be added. When you choose this option (whatever it may be called) you go to a screen where you can select different songs (whether they are from real bands or ones made by other people) and have them play. However, I want them only accessible (or even visible if it's possible) if they have unlocked them in a side quest or something to that effect.

Just to make sure I answer everything I can, I will start with how I want it to look; (Please note that everything following this will by purely up to you, whatever is easier, I am just giving a base to work from) I would like the screen to be able to fade once you choose the option of the "secret soundtrack" (for lack of a better term), Once your there, I'd like to have a juke box background. Now for the selection process, preferably a verticle slide where you see the selection in the center and you can go up or down and it will loop around and you can see the one before and after the selection.

Anyway, I hope that's not too much. And if there is already a script like this made, I am really sorry and I will have a mod close the thread.

On a final note, if you need help with anything just let me know, I'd like to be able to at least attempt to repay you :grin: Thanks :thumb: If there is anything that I did not explain clear please, please let me know and I will update it right away!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.