Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP] Quest log request

I've tried many of the quest scripts for rmxp. Some of them didn't have what I wanted, or they just didn't work. I've been trying out different quest scripts for a while now.
So I'm requesting a quest log script. I'll try to be as detailed as possible.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa259/Sketchizt/Starfall/mockup.png[/img]

I'd like the quest log to be called with a call script command.

The Top Window
There needs to be a selectable window you can scroll up and down through to select the quest you want to view. When you select that quest, the quest information should appear in the window below it. Quests should be given by a variable. If the variable is 0, then the quest will appear as ??? in the selectable window. If the variable is 1, then the quest name should show up along with the information when selected. If the variable is above 1, then it is completed. When the quest is completed, it should say (Complete) by its name.

The Bottom Window
In the bottom window there should be the characterset of the quest giver, a short quest description, and the reward. The description should be able to be atleast 4 lines long.

I'd like the background to be transparent so you can see the map your on, but you don't have to put that in. It would be nice though.

Example for the variables:
Each quest should be tied to a variable.
Variable 1 is called 'quest 1'
quest 1 is equal to 0. So that means that in the Quest Log, the first quest on the list's name will be '???' and cannot be selected.
If the variable "quest 1" is set to 1, then the name of the first quest will be revealed aswell as it's description and such.
Then when the variable is 2 or more, then the quest is completed.

I sure hope I was detailed enough. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks to whoever does this!

I didn't read the full description, I looked at your "mock up" screen. I'm currently working on one I haven't had time to finish in two weeks, but I'll send you the early copy and tell me if you like it so far and I can work around whatever you need or change it.

Keep in touch with me via PM and I'll get off my ass and finish it. Please note this is an *early* version and doesn't do much yet. I might not come back to this topic, so you must keep in contact via PM.

Here, I left you some quick instructions on working the mission manager (so far), please refer to Woratana's topic for his Advanced Text Reader or w/e for instructions on his script which is imbedded in to run my script.

Make a folder named Missions, I keep mine in the Data/Missions folder.

Then you'll need Mission Category folders, name them like so

category[0], category[1], [2], etc...

Then, name the mission .txt files like so....

Mission[0], Mission[1], etc...

So it'll search for it based on directory...

Data/Missions/Category[1]/Mission[1]

There ain't nothing to this script yet, but like I said keep in touch via PM and I'll finish it.

Some window scene stuff, and... well, basically thats nothing but the base start of this script.

I'm going to be adding a status screen that'll display a bunch of info and handle the mission data either, within the script OR within game switches/variables. It'll be shown along with a modified version of the Breifing window and all that jazz.

I'm going to mess around with Woratana's script and see if I can make the text reader work better, so you can use [ b ] and [ /b ] on the same lines, change font, etc.

Be able to name the folders/missions.txts with mission name included, example

Category[0]-The King's Orders
Mission[1]-Chasing the Dragon

Code:
################################################################################
#===============================================================================
# ~** Mission Manager V 0.1 **~
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Written by  : Kain Nobel
# Version     : 0.1
# Last Update : 06/14/2008
# Created     : 06/11/2008
#===============================================================================
# ~**Advanced Text Reader **~
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Written by  : Woratana
# Re-Coded specifically for the Mission Manager System.
################################################################################
#:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
# ~**                 Text Reader Setup Constants                           **~
#:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
class Text_Settings
  Active          = true
  Visible         = true
  Open            = 30
  Scroll_Speed    = 5
  Directory       = "Data/Texts/"
  Sub_Directory   = ""
  BG_Picture      = ""
  Opacity         = 160
  Width           = 614
  Height          = 448
  OX              = 16
  OY              = 16
  Auto_Scroll     = false
  Auto_Speed      = 1.5
  Auto_Skip       = true
  Auto_Close      = false
end
#::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::#
# ~**                 Mission Setup Constants - BEGIN                      **~ #
#::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::#
Mission_Title     = "~* [ M I S S I O N   M A N A G E R   V  0 . 1 ] *~"
Mission_FontName  = "Georgia"
Mission_FontSize  = 22
Mission_Italics   = false
# ** Main Mission Categories
Mission_Categories = {
  1   => "Mission I",
  2   => "Mission II",
  3   => "Mission III",
  4   => "Mission IV",
  5   => "Mission V",
  6   => "Mission VI",
  7   => "Mission VII",
  8   => "Mission VIII",
  9   => "Mission IX",
  10  => "Mission X",
  11  => "Mission XI",
  12  => "Mission XII",
  13  => "Mission XIII",
  14  => "Mission XIV",
  15  => "Mission XV",
  16  => "Mission XVI",
  17  => "Mission XVII",
  18  => "Mission XVIII",
  19  => "Mission XIX",
  20  => "Mission XX",
  21  => "Mission XXI",
  22  => "Mission XXII",
  23  => "Mission XXIII",
  24  => "Mission XXIV",
  25  => "Mission XXV",
  26  => "Mission XXVI",
  27  => "Mission XXVII",
  28  => "Mission XXVIII",
  29  => "Mission XXIX",
  30  => "Mission XXX",
  31  => "Mission XXXI",
  32  => "Mission XXXII",
  33  => "Mission XXXIII",
  34  => "Mission XXXIV",
  35  => "Mission XXXV",
  36  => "Mission XXXVI",
  37  => "Mission XXXVII",
  38  => "Mission XXXVIII",
  39  => "Mission XXXIX",
  40  => "Mission XXXX"
}
# ** Mission Selectables    
Mission_Selectables = {
  # Category 1, Missions 1...5
  1   => "Spelunking in the Tunnels of Midgar",
  2   => "Pick up the Colonel's Dry Cleaning",
  3   => "Secret Meeting in the Alley",
  4   => "Pardon Me, but do you have any Grey Pupon?",
  5   => "The Rise of a New Breed of Chaos!"
  # Etc, etc, etc...
}
# ** Mission Objectives
Mission_Objectives = {
  # Category 1, Mission 1
  1   => [1, 1, "Obtain 3 orbs of power"],
  2   => [1, 1, "Talk to crackhead in tunnels"],
  3   => [1, 1, "Obtain 3 orbs of speed @_@"],
  4   => [1, 1, "Get back to HQ imediately!"],
  # Category 1, Mission 2
  1   => [1, 2, "Take the train to Sector 6"],
  2   => [1, 2, "Go through the park, to Wall Market"],
  3   => [1, 2, "Enter the Hot Press!"]
}
# ** Mission Rewards
Mission_Rewards = {
  1   => "Reward I",
  2   => "Reward II",
  3   => "Reward III",
  4   => "Reward IV"
}
# ~**                   Mission Setup Constants - END                      **~ #
# ** Game_Mission
#   This class performs generic commands used for the Mission system.
class Game_Mission
  # [Attributes]----------------------------------------------------------------
  attr_accessor   :categories
  attr_accessor   :missions
  attr_accessor   :briefing
  attr_accessor   :objectives
  attr_accessor   :rewards
  #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Initialize Method
  def initialize#(c = 1, m = 1, o = 1)
    @current_mission  = nil
    @categories       = []
    @missions         = []
    @briefing         = []
    @objectives       = []
    @rewards          = []
  end
  # * Define Categories
  def categories
    return Mission_Categories
  end
  # * Define Missions
  def missions
    return Mission_Selectables
  end
  # * Define Objectives
  def objectives
    return Mission_Objectives
  end
  # * Define Rewards
  def rewards
    return Mission_Rewards
  end
  # * Add Category
  def category_add(n, boolean = true)
    unless n == nil
      @categories.push(n, boolean)
    end
  end
  # * Delete Category
  def category_delete(n)
    unless n == nil
      @categories.delete(n)
    end
  end
  # * Lock Category
  def category_lock(n)
    unless n == nil
      # Simply reuses category_add and sets boolean to false
      category_add(n, false)
    end
  end
  # * Add Mission
  def mission_add(n, boolean = true)
    unless n == nil
      @missions.push(n, boolean)
    end
  end
  # * Delete Mission
  def mission_delete(n)
    unless n == nil
      @missions.delete(n)
    end
  end
  # * Lock Mission
  def mission_lock(n)
    unless n == nil
      # Simply reuses mission_add and sets boolean to false
      mission_add(n, false)
    end
  end
  # * Add Objective
  def objective_add(n, boolean = true)
    unless n == nil
      @objectives.push(n, boolean)
    end
  end
  # * Delete Objective
  def objective_delete(n)
    unless n == nil
      @objectives.delete(n)
    end
  end
  # * Lock Objective
  def objective_lock(n)
    unless n == nil
      # Simply reuses objective_add and sets boolean to false
      objective_add(n, false)
    end
  end
  # * Start Mission
  def start_mission(category = 1, mission = 1)
    @current_mission.push(category, mission)
  end
  # * Complete Mission
  def complete_mission(category = 1, mission = 1, boolean = false)
    @current_mission.push(category, mission, boolean)
  end
  # * Fail Mission
  def mission_failed(category = 1, mission = 1)
    # Simply reuses Complete Mission and sets 'fail' boolean to true
    complete_mission(category, mission, true)
  end
  # * Objective Complete
  def complete_objective(n = 1, boolean = false)
    @current_mission.objective(n, boolean)
  end
  # * Fail Objective
  def fail_objective(n = 1)
    # Simply reuses Complete Objective and sets 'fail' boolean to true
    @current_mission.objective(n, true)
  end
end
# ** Window_MissionHeader
class Window_MissionHeader < Window_Base
  # * Initialize Method
  def initialize
    super(0, 0, 640, 64)
    self.contents = Bitmap.new(width - 32, height - 32)
    self.visible = true
    self.opacity = CMS_Opacity
    refresh
  end
  # * Refresh Method
  def refresh
    self.contents.clear
    self.contents.draw_text(-16, -10, 640, 48, Mission_Title, 1)
  end
end
# ** Window_MissionCategory
#   This is the list of main mission categories, which will take you to the list
# of sub missions that fall into the respective category.
class Window_MissionCategory < Window_Selectable
  # * Initialize Method
  def initialize
    super(0, 64, 192, 416)
    @game = Game_Mission.new
    @item_max = Mission_Categories.size
    @commands = []
    refresh
    self.visible = true
    self.active = true
    self.index = 0
  end
  #  * Define Category
  def category
    return @data[self.index]
  end
  #  * Refresh
  def refresh
    # If contents doesn't equal nil
    if self.contents != nil
      self.contents.dispose
      self.contents = nil
    end
    # Create Data array
    @data = []
    # For information within the Mission Categories
    for i in 0...Mission_Categories.size * 2
      # If Category ID is more than 1
      if @game.categories[i] != nil
        # Push category into data array
        @data.push(@game.categories[i])
      end
    end
    # Item max is reset to size of data array
    @item_max = @data.size
    # If Item Max is more than 0
    if @item_max > 0
      #self.contents = Bitmap.new(width - 32, @item_max * 64)
      self.contents = Bitmap.new(width - 32, row_max * 32)
      # For information in Item Max
      for i in 0...@item_max
        # Draw Mission Category
        draw_item(i)
      end
    end
  end
  #  * Draw_Item
  def draw_item(index)
    # Mission name is determined by data array index
    mission = @data[index]
    for i in 0...mission.size + 1
      unless i == nil
        # Set Y coordinate of Mission Category command
        y = index * 32
        # Create new Rect
        rect = Rect.new(0, y, self.width - 32, 32)
        self.contents.fill_rect(rect, Color.new(0, 0, 0, 0))
        self.contents.font.color = normal_color
        self.contents.draw_text(0, y, 192, 32, mission)
      end
    end
  end
end
# ** Window_MissionSelect
#   This is the list of main mission categories, which will take you to the list
# of sub missions that fall into the respective category.
class Window_MissionSelect < Window_Selectable
  # * Initialize Method
  def initialize(mission_list = 0)
    super(192, 64, 448, 416)
    @game = Game_Mission.new
    @item_max = Mission_Selectables.size - 3
    @commands = []
    refresh
    self.visible = true
    self.active = false
    self.index = 0
  end
  #  * Define Category
  def mission(category)
    unless category == nil
      return @data[self.index][category]
    end
  end
  # * Update Mission List
  def update_list(category)
    @category = category
    refresh
  end
  #  * Refresh
  def refresh
    # If contents doesn't equal nil
    if self.contents != nil
      self.contents.dispose
      self.contents = nil
    end
    # Create Data array
    @data = []
    # For information within the Mission Categories
    for i in 0...Mission_Selectables.size + 1
      # If Category ID is more than 1
      if @game.missions[i] != nil and
        @game.missions[0] == @category
        # Push category into data array
        @data.push(@game.missions[i])
      end
    end
    # Item max is reset to size of data array
    @item_max = @data.size
    # If Item Max is more than 0
    if @item_max > 0
      self.contents = Bitmap.new(width - 32, row_max * 32)
      # For information in Item Max
      for i in 0...@item_max
        # Draw Mission Category
        draw_item(i)
      end
    end
  end
  #  * Draw_Item
  def draw_item(index)
    # Mission name is determined by data array index
    selectable = @data[index]
    # Set Y coordinate of Mission Category command
    y = index * 32
    # Create new Rect
    rect = Rect.new(0, y, self.width - 32, 32)
    self.contents.fill_rect(rect, Color.new(0, 0, 0, 0))
    self.contents.font.color = normal_color
    self.contents.draw_text(0, y, 448, 32, selectable.to_s)
  end
end
# ** Scene_Mission
#   This plays out the mission select scene, and allows you to pick which
# mission you need to complete.
class Scene_Mission
  # * Initialize Method
  def initialize(category = 0, mission = 0)
    @filename = "/Missions/Category[#{category}]/Mission[#{mission}]"
  end
  # * Main Method
  def main
    # View Map behind windows.
    if CMS_ShowMap == true
      @spriteset = Spriteset_Map.new
    end
    # Setup easy Game_Mission variable
    @game = Game_Mission.new
    # Create Window_MissionHeader
    @header = Window_MissionHeader.new
    # Create Window_MissionCategory
    @category = Window_MissionCategory.new
    #@category.active = true
    # Create Window_MissionSelect
    @mission = Window_MissionSelect.new
    # Create Window_MissionBriefing
    if FileTest.exist?(@filename)
      @briefing = Window_Reader.new(@filename)
    else
      @briefing = Window_Reader.new("")
    end
    # Create Window_MissionConfirm
    #@confirm = Window_MissionConfirm.new
    @confirm = Window_Command.new(180, ["Accept Mission", "Forget it!"])
    @confirm.x = 448
    @confirm.y = 372
    @confirm.z = 1100
    @confirm.opacity = CMS_Opacity * 1.25
    @confirm.visible = false
    @confirm.active = false
    # Execute transition
    Graphics.transition
    # Main loop
    loop do
      # Update game screen
      Graphics.update
      # Update input information
      Input.update
      # Frame update
      update
      # Abort loop if screen is changed
      if $scene != self
        break
      end
    end
    # Prepare for transition
    Graphics.freeze
    # Dispose of Windows
    @header.dispose
    @category.dispose
    @mission.dispose
    @briefing.dispose
    @confirm.dispose
    # Dispose of Map Background
    @spriteset.dispose if CMS_ShowMap
  end
  # * Update Method
  def update
    # Update Windows
    @category.update
    @mission.update
    @briefing.update
    @confirm.update
    # Create Quick Window Object
    @scene = [@category, @mission, @briefing, @confirm]
    # Check Activity
    if Input.trigger?(Input::A)
      print("Category :", @category.active,
            "  Mission  :", @mission.active,
            "  Confirm  :", @confirm.active)
    end
    # Window Category Update
    if @category.active == true
      update_category
      return
    end
    # Window Mission Update
    if @mission.active == true
      update_mission
      return
    end
    # Window Briefing Update
    if @briefing.active == true
      update_briefing
      return
    end
    # Window Confirm Update
    if @confirm.active == true
      update_confirm
      #return
    end
  end
  # * Update Category Window
  def update_category
    # If B Button Pressed
    if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
      # Play Cancel SE
      $game_system.se_play($data_system.cancel_se)
      # Go Back to Main Menu
      $scene = Scene_Menu.new(CMS_Index_Mission)
    end
    # If C Button Pressed
    if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
      # Play Decision SE
      $game_system.se_play($data_system.decision_se)
      # Category Update
      @scene[0].active = false
      # Mission Update
      @scene[1].active = true
    end
    # Briefing Update
    @scene[2].visible, @scene[2].active = false, false
    # Confirm Update
    @scene[3].visible, @scene[3].active = false, false
  end
  # * Update Mission Window
  def update_mission
    # If B Button Pressed
      # Play Cancel SE
      # Category Update
      @scene[0].active = true
      # Mission Update
      @scene[1].active = false
    end
    # If C Button Pressed
      # Play Decision SE
      # Get Category Index, Mission Index
      $game_temp.mission_call = true
      @n1, @n2 = @scene[0].index + 1, @scene[1].index + 1
      @filename = "Category[#{@n1}]/Mission[#{@n2}].txt"
      # Switch to Text_Reader Scene
      $scene = Text_Reader.new(@filename)
    end
    # Confirm Update
    @scene[3].visible, @scene[3].active = false, false
  end
  # * Update Confirm
  def update_confirm
    # If B Button Pressed
      # Play Cancel SE
      # Reader Update
      @window.active = true
      @confirm.active, @confirm.visible = false, false
    end
    # If C Button Pressed
      # Play Decision SE
      # Confirm Mission Data
      print("Confirm Mission Data")
    end
  end
end
# ~** Advanced Text Reader **~
#   This class controls the "Text_Reader" scene, and reads settings from the
# Text_Settings class.
class Text_Reader < Text_Settings
  # * Initialize (filename)
  def initialize(filename)
    @open         = Open
    @scroll_speed = Scroll_Speed
    @directory    = Directory
    @subdirectory = Sub_Directory
    @background   = BG_Picture
    @opacity      = Opacity
    @width        = Width
    @height       = Height
    @ox           = OX
    @oy           = OY
    @auto_scroll  = Auto_Scroll
    @auto_speed   = Auto_Speed
    @auto_skip    = Auto_Skip
    @auto_close   = Auto_Close
    @filename     = filename
    @mission      = $game_temp.mission_call
  end
  # * Main Method
  def main
    if BG_Picture != ""
      viewport = Viewport.new(0, 0, 640, 480)
      @bg = Sprite.new(viewport)
      @bg.bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture(@background)
    else
      @bg = Spriteset_Map.new
    end
    file = File.open(@directory + @filename)
    @text = []
    for i in file.readlines
      @text.push i.sub(/\n/) {}
    end
    # Create Text Reader Window
    @window = Window_Reader.new(@text)
    unless @mission != true
      @confirm = Window_Command.new(180, ["Accept Mission", "Forget it!"])
      @confirm.x = 448
      @confirm.y = 372
      @confirm.z = 1100
      @confirm.opacity = CMS_Opacity * 1.25
      @confirm.visible = false
      @confirm.active = false
    end
    # Execute transition
    Graphics.transition
    # Main loop
    loop do
      # Update game screen
      Graphics.update
      # Update input information
      Input.update
      # Frame update
      update
      # Abort loop if screen is changed
      if $scene != self
        break
      end
    end
    # Prepare for transition
    Graphics.freeze
    # Dispose of windows
    @window.dispose
    @confirm.dispose if @mission
    @bg.dispose
  end
  # * Update Method
  def update
    @window.update
    @confirm.update if @mission
    @oy_arg = @window.oy + 320 < @window.contents.height ? true : false
    @window.oy += Auto_Speed if Auto_Scroll and @oy_arg
    # Reader Update Call
    if @window.active == true
      update_reader
      return
    end
    # Confirm Update Call
    if @confirm.active == true
      update_confirm
      return
    end
  end
  # * Update Reader
  def update_reader
    # Update with Auto-Scroll
    if @auto_scroll and @oy_arg
      @window.oy += @auto_speed
      if Input.press?(Input::C) and @auto_skip
        @window.oy += @auto_speed
      end
      if Input.press?(Input::B) and @auto_close
        while @window.opacity > 0
          @window.opacity -= @open
          @window.contents_opacity -= @open
          Graphics.update
        end
        @window.dispose
        $scene = Scene_Map.new
      end
    end
    # If Called With Mission
    if @mission and @window.active == true
      @stop = true
      # If C Button Pressed
        # Play Decision SE
        # Update Confirm Window
        @window.active = false
        @confirm.active = true
        @confirm.visible = true
      end
      # If B Button Pressed
        # Play Cancel SE
        # Go back to Scene_Mission
        $game_temp.mission_call = false
        $scene = Scene_Mission.new
      end
      # If DOWN Button Pressed
      if Input.press?(Input::DOWN)
        @window.oy += @scroll_speed if @oy_arg
      end
      # If UP Button Pressed
      if Input.press?(Input::UP)
        @window.oy -= @scroll_speed if @window.oy > 0
      end
    # If Called Normally
    else
      # Once scroll meets bottom
      @stop = true
      # If C or B Button Pressed
      if Input.trigger?(Input::B) or Input.trigger?(Input::C)
        while @window.opacity > 0
          @window.opacity -= @open
          @window.contents_opacity -= @open
          Graphics.update
        end
        $scene = Scene_Map.new
      end
      # If DOWN Button Pressed
      if Input.press?(Input::DOWN)
        @window.oy += @scroll_speed if @oy_arg
      end
      # If UP Button Pressed
      if Input.press?(Input::UP)
        @window.oy -= @scroll_speed if @window.oy > 0
      end
    end
  end
  # * Update Confirm
  def update_confirm
    # If B Button Pressed
      # Play Cancel SE
      # Briefing Update
      @window.active = true
      # Confirm Update
      @confirm.visible, @confirm.active = false, false
    end
    # If C Button Pressed
      # Play Decision SE
      # Confirm Mission Data
      print("Confirm Mission Data")
    end
  end
end
# ** Window_Reader
#   This window displays text kept in the Text Document folder.
class Window_Reader < Window_Base
  # [Attributes]----------------------------------------------------------------
  attr_accessor :firstline
  attr_accessor :nowline
  # * Initialize (Text) Method
  def initialize(text)
    super(Text_Settings::OX,Text_Settings::OY,Text_Settings::Width,Text_Settings::Height)
    self.opacity = 0
    self.contents_opacity = 0
    self.active = Text_Settings::Active
    self.visible = Text_Settings::Visible
    @text = text
    @align = 0
    draw_text
  end
  # * Update Method
  def update
    if self.opacity < Text_Settings::Opacity
      self.opacity += Text_Settings::Open
      self.contents_opacity += Text_Settings::Open
    end
  end
  # * Draw Text
  def draw_text
    self.contents = Bitmap.new(width - 32, @text.size * 24 + 32)
    line_index = 0
    for i in 0..@text.size
      if !@text[i].nil?
        text = decorate_text(@text[i])
        self.contents.font.size = 20
        self.contents.draw_text(0, line_index * 24, width - 32, 24, text, @align)
      end
      line_index += 1
    end
  end
  # * Decorate Text (Text)
  def decorate_text(text)
    #---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # * Bold
    #  [b]  : ON
    #  [/b] : OFF
    a = text.scan(/(\[b\])/)
    if $1.to_s != ""
      self.contents.font.bold = true
      text.sub!(/\[b\]/) {}
    end
    a = text.scan(/(\[\/b\])/)
    if $1.to_s != ""
      self.contents.font.bold = false
      text.sub!(/\[\/b\]/) {}
    end
    # * Italics
    #  [b]  : ON
    #  [/b] : OFF
    a = text.scan(/(\[i\])/)
    if $1.to_s != ""
      self.contents.font.italic = true
      text.sub!(/\[i\]/) {}
    end
    a = text.scan(/(\[\/i\])/)
    if $1.to_s != ""
      self.contents.font.italic = false
      text.sub!(/\[\/i\]/) {}
    end
    # * Indent [indent]
    a = text.scan(/(\[indent\])/)
    if $1.to_s != ""
      text.sub!(/\[indent\]/) {"     "}
    end
    # Center Align  
    a = text.scan(/(\[center\])/)
    if $1.to_s != ""
      @align = 1
      text.sub!(/\[center\]/) {}
    end
    # Left Align  
    a = text.scan(/(\[left\])/)
    if $1.to_s != ""
      @align = 0
      text.sub!(/\[left\]/) {}
    end
    # Right Align  
    a = text.scan(/(\[right\])/)
    if $1.to_s != ""
      @align = 2
      text.sub!(/\[right\]/) {}
    end
    # Reset Text  [reset] 
    a = text.scan(/(\[reset\])/)
    if $1.to_s != ""
      self.contents.font.bold   = false
      self.contents.font.italic = false
      @align = 0
      text.sub!(/\[reset\]/) {}
    end
    return text
  end
end

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.