Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

XP percents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I've been thinking about a XP system for my game and I think I've finally fingured out a good one to use.

My request is a script that converts(or whatever method works best) all EXP into a percent, you know the '%' symbol. anyways, what I want is on the menu to display something like 50/100% XP the Enemys XP rate would be set in percents as well so if an enemy gives you 10 XP then it goes up 10% regardless if you need 50 XP or 100 XP to level up.

Hopefully thats clear, if not let me know and I'll try to clear it up. I don't require or need this script but if it's done I'd very much like to put it to good use.

Thanks!

I am such a dork. This is as easy as just modifing the exp_list table.

Code:
class Game_Actor < Game_Battler
  def make_exp_list
    @exp_list[1] = 0
    for i in 2..100
      if i > actor.final_level
        @exp_list[i] = 0
      else
        @exp_list[i] = @exp_list[i-1] + 100
      end
    end
  end
end

Basically, just modify the exp_list table so you only need 100 exp every level. From there, a direct gain acts like a percent gain.

SephirothSpawn, jezus christ man, im new to this forums but i can tell you a genius lol, ur in every post @_@ might wanna take a look at mine ;-) might even be a bit too easy for you :)

SephirothSpawn said:
But I can't. If I go a day without scripting, I feel worthless.

And I don't need my eyes to script, just my fingers and brain.
Your a madman you know that (joking). Well do your thing.

As far as the error, make sure it is a NEW script above MAIN. If your using this with other scripts in your project, you may have to place the script above or below something. I have to go now because my little sister needs to do some research homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.