Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP]New Game +

People Please!! I Need A Script For A New-Game-Plus-System For My Game..... It Must Be Similiar To The One Of FFX-2...For The People Who Don't Know It:

*You Keep The Abilities
*You Keep Your Money
*You Lose Equipment
*You Keep Play Time
*You Keep Steps
*The Story Re-Begins So You Can Complete Missed Side-Quests
*I Would Like To Make Certain Events (Side-Quests) & Equipment Or Abilities By Starting A New Game +

Thanks... Please Help  :down: :lol:

Why not just dump actor data into a set of global variables, and then marshal.dump and marshal.load the required information?
(Disclaimer: I am in no way a scripter, and may just be talking out my ass here. I'm tired... I don't really care.)

I Don't Know Anything About Variables...:)

@nohmaan: It's Simple...You Finish The Game And At The Title Screen Theres A New Option Called "New Game +"For Example. You Pick That And You Will Start The Game Over Again But With The Money, Abilities, Etc.....

Taylor

Sponsor

Simply take the player back to the first map, use Switch control to turn off all switches (except maybe a "NewGame+" one so you can add new features), and use other event commands to reset things (like remove equipment). It's not that hard through events.
HOWEVER, if you are using Self-switches you may need a script to be able to reset them.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.