Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP] Need a simple name box script.

Gray

I need a simple namebox script that I can activate from the Show Text event command. I searched for ages for one and I couldn't find it, suprisingly enough. Could any of you produce one?

Doesn't need any frills whatsoever. Just the namebox.

Thanks! :3

Sero

1. What the BEEP is a name box
2. If you mean
Example:
*Sero: Im going to kiss you!
*Sarah: Get away from me perv!
the starred thingies: the put the speaking characters name then :'s
or
\N[n]
Will be replaced by the name of actor number n.
If its not what you want then punch my in the face!
:biggrin:

________
| Name |
----------------------------------------
| Message...... |
| |
| |
---------------------------------------

If I get bored, I'll pull just the namebox code out of UMS or AMS

Sero

Oh. Thats what you meant. Weirdly enough, maybe the same day I answered to this, I found one.

Edit: Well, after passing the same folder multiple times. I finally found the script in an old megaman project that was working out well. Maybe i should continue....

Edit(Again): It was the wrong game.......
Then I found the script. I wondered how to send a link. Googled it. It lead me back to RMXP.org
http://www.rmxp.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4950

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.